Parks and Rec

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_43290.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
frown.png
pretty much means this is the final season, but thats not a bad thing, the storyline has kinda run its course and really the last season was a good series finale, with this one an bit of a epilogue for the fans.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I hate networks that fuck over good shows to promote new shows that are obviously trash. It is amazing to me how fucking stupid some tv execs are.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
frown.png
pretty much means this is the final season.
Nah, it is just as likely, if not more, that NBC has a whole bunch of new comedies again and Parks serves the fill-in role Community does this year after one of those future newbies fails.

iannis

Musty Nester
frown.png
pretty much means this is the final season, but thats not a bad thing, the storyline has kinda run its course and really the last season was a good series finale, with this one an bit of a epilogue for the fans.
Yeah. This season just feels like they're wrapping it up.

Ann + Chris leaving, Eagleton and Pawnee merging. I think this is one of those rare shows where the cast gets to decide when they're done.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is one of the few shows out there that I actually laugh at. And it's not even intentionally funny moments, just the flow of the show. I also love practically every scene that Ron is in.

Anyway, last night I saw the episode where Chris decides to mentally adopt Tom as a son of his own (just to see what it's like to raise a kid). At the end of the scene, he gives Tom's hair a tussle, and I had this guttural laugh. It was a dumb scene, but the cast just meshes together so perfectly.

Here is that scene, by the way:

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I started watching this show from season 1 a few weeks back and can resoundingly say I watch for 90% Ron and 10% Chris. Ron may be my new Spirit Guide. Last episode with his will and the symbols, fucking made me belly laugh.

iannis

Musty Nester
Really?

I like the show, but they really are running out of road here. I expected this season finale to be the series finale. I mean they're hammering jerry (his name is going to wind up becoming Raul) into the GROUND. And it's still worth a smile when they do it, but that joke has a shelf life.

I guess we'll have a Leslie / Ben run for Congress themed season with the parks and rec office being side-jinks.

Which isn't bad. I've been thinking that this show is political commentary as much as it is anything else and as political commentary it has gotten progressively more and more pessimistic. That may be true to form and I'm not even complaining. But you kinda don't wanna bum your audience out when they're watching a comedy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, those two... it's just funny to see Tom tormented by even worse versions of himself.