Parks and Rec

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know, I think the show is just as good now as it has ever been. Rather than get stale and comfortable, the show has evolved and changed. The characters have all grown. And every single time they make fun of Gary I laugh. I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about.

you guys = Iannis, of course. I could have sworn there were more people saying the show needed to end, but no, just Iannis. YOU'RE FUCKIN WRONG IANNNIS

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not saying it needs to end, just that they're running out of road. It's not like I'm super observant in saying that. Ron Swanson said it himself in the last episode when he told leslie that she needs to be aware she's not going to be in parks very long, and the department is functioning without her!

That's why I thought it was the final season as much as anything I might be projecting onto the show. There's been a lot of thematic "saying goodbye" this season.

Edit: I like Fey's humor a lot... but I think I actually like Pohlers more. Its softer.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It's funny in small doses, but it seemed to happen, like, 4-5 times in the last episode and the proposal scene went on too long and seemed like it was trying way too hard to hammer on Jerry. They messed up the formula on that scene.

I do still like the show and like that they change stuff up from time to time.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That's why I thought it was the final season as much as anything I might be projecting onto the show. There's been a lot of thematic "saying goodbye" this season.
I thought the same thing a season or two ago when she was moving to the city council. I remember watching the season finale and thought it felt like a series finale.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'll actually be happy when Rob Lowe leaves the show here shortly, I've never really liked his character much. And hopefully Chris Pratt(Andy) doesn't stay so busy doing movies that his role in the show lessens, but I could see that happening. You can never have too much Andy.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not saying it needs to end, just that they're running out of road. It's not like I'm super observant in saying that. Ron Swanson said it himself in the last episode when he told leslie that she needs to be aware she's not going to be in parks very long, and the department is functioning without her!
Yeah but they have been functioning without her for a while now. Leslie has outgrown the Parks department and within an episode or two I am sure will be on to whatever is next for her. She had a bad time and went back to what was comfortable for her just long enough for her character to see that she did a good enough job that things have carried on without her and her former proteges have come into their own. There are a million other ways for them to go other than "Leslie works for the parks dept until forever."

It seems to me like they have been trying to transition the show for a few seasons now away from the whole Leslie knows and runs everything and instead showing the impact she has had on the people around her. If this ever turns into The Office and they just start doing dumb shit to do it, I would be on board with axing it. But for now it is awesome.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the same thing a season or two ago when she was moving to the city council. I remember watching the season finale and thought it felt like a series finale.
I think P&R is having to function basically like how Futurama did for many years. They look at each season as potentially being a series finale due to low ratings, so they write it as if it could end at that point. I think that is what Iannis is seeing when he says they're running out of road. They've rapidly progressed to a natural conclusion a couple times and it's been hard to see where they go from that point without completely changing the tone of the show. Fortunately, they seem to have been able to keep things in check and remained solid even with the changes they have had to make, so I'm not too afraid things will be shaken up too much with Leslie no longer on the city council (though I wish they could've kept that storyline going on for a little longer).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite thing about Jean-Ralphio is that he realizes what a shitbird he is and just doesn't care.

Could swear there's another one where Ron shuts down some idea and Jean-Ralphio says "Probably a good call" or something to that effect.

As for the show itself, as long as it's funnier than 95% of the sitcoms out there it can keep going. Even with it's mediocre ratings it's become the tentpole of NBC's Thursday night comedies, because the rest are bombing hard.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
As for the show itself, as long as it's funnier than 95% of the sitcoms out there it can keep going. Even with it's mediocre ratings it's become the tentpole of NBC's Thursday night comedies, because the rest are bombing hard.
Yeah, it's sort of a shame that the renewal wasn't NBC showing confidence in the show's quality, but them conceding that it's the strongest thing they have on their Thursday line-up. The only reason The Michael J. Fox Show hasn't been pulled, after all, is because of NBC making yet another fumble by committing to a full season sight unseen in some misguided attempt to reclaim their success in the '90s by attempting to recreate the '90s. There is looking to be a strong chance that this will be the second year in a row that NBC doesn't renew a single one of their new comedies.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I finally got caught up on the last few episodes of this last night. It's still one of the funniest shows on TV, in my opinion. Like someone else has said, I really like how the characters have grown. Except Andy. I swear he gets dumber every episode, and while it was funny at first it's starting to become kind of ridiculous.

I cracked up at the "I saved your bacon, Ron" scene.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Still awesome show, and with the already mentioned characterdevelepment, I'm sure this show can revolve around just about anything and still be funny.

I'm ready to get JAMMED again.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If Jam was a doctor instead of a dentist he could've had a spin off called "JAM'MD'. He could be like House and after he fixes whoever's illness he looks at them and says, "Your (disease) just got JAM'MD!"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Jam was a doctor instead of a dentist he could've had a spin off called "JAM'MD'. He could be like House and after he fixes whoever's illness he looks at them and says, "Your (disease) just got JAM'MD!"
Is there a word for someone you want to high five and kick in the dick at the same time?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's only one man I envy.

That was just a convenient set up to post the video I came to post anyways. Makes me sad that Ron and April is not a pairing we really get anymore.