Parks and Recreation

iannis

Musty Nester
The murals of Indian atrocities in city hall.

They started to do a lot of detail work. Probably couldn't find them anymore, but they were writing jokes for people to direct in YouTube clips. Stuff like a list would scroll by fast and it would be spam full of puns. Or there would be a computer screen on with an email open that was wildly inappropriate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Mona-Lisa Saperstein

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here is where we're at now.... Seriously considering printing this to have on my desk the way some people have pic of their family.

latest

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Andy Dwyer is definitely in the running for being one of the fucking funniest characters of all time. God dammit I miss this show.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The murals of Indian atrocities in city hall.

They started to do a lot of detail work. Probably couldn't find them anymore, but they were writing jokes for people to direct in YouTube clips. Stuff like a list would scroll by fast and it would be spam full of puns. Or there would be a computer screen on with an email open that was wildly inappropriate.
I caught one once when Tom was on tinder or whatever the show equivalent was and they looked at one and he went EWW THATS MY COUSIN and her name was Something Ansari

The guy before Ben, brandonowicz? He was the Jim halpert of the show but it didn't work at all. I mean he even looked like Jim and did the stare into the camera thing

I didn't think Ben was really all that funny, but he had a nice mix of comedy and serious

spronk

FPS noob
I caught one once when Tom was on tinder or whatever the show equivalent was and they looked at one and he went EWW THATS MY COUSIN and her name was Something Ansari

The guy before Ben, brandonowicz? He was the Jim halpert of the show but it didn't work at all. I mean he even looked like Jim and did the stare into the camera thing

I didn't think Ben was really all that funny, but he had a nice mix of comedy and serious

i bet you don't even eat calzones

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jul4hY6.png

I've said it before, Ben is the most realistic depiction of a nerd on TV, none of the big bang clowns are anywhere close.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Another show I started watching now that I finished this, and a show I missed entirely, is modern family. Not sure if it goes downhill, but season 1 so far is hysterical.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There are some great lines in season 7 after the time jump. Stuff about how Game of Thrones went off the rails. Funny at the time because of how ridiculous they were.

Sad now because of how accurate they were.

iannis

Musty Nester
Another show I started watching now that I finished this, and a show I missed entirely, is modern family. Not sure if it goes downhill, but season 1 so far is hysterical.

I'm not sure which season it was, but modern family took a HARD dive into shit.

First few seasons are fantastic though. One you hit a few episodes and you think, "is this a rough patch of does it get better?" Then stop there. It got bad and stayed bad.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It wasn't until I started listening to the Dax Shepard podcast that I really looked into the improv groups around the country, but it's fucking amazing how many people came out of Second City and the Groundlings. Like, people that aren't even comedians. And then you look at movies and stuff like SNL and all these people know each other from those groups. You could probably attribute like 20% of everything you watch to those groups (and honestly some of the best comedies, like this, Veep, Curb/Seinfeld, 30 Rock, etc).

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity