Passengers (2016)

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
just finished the movie.
Before watching it I only knew that they were on a ship, and they were the only two awake.
When he first discovers the bar and the bartender I was hoping it was a Shining remake. Was disappointed.
He says 'replacement parts and farm equipment'.
They clearly state that they were on a new ship and were to be the first colonists on the new planet.
Chris is a rapist and a murder, but if he didn't do it everyone would have died.
surprised that the ending shot wasn't
Chris and Jlaw's children and (inbred) grandchildren welcoming the crew
chicks be crazy.
the movie was fine, mostly based on the fact that Chis Pratt is a handsome guy, but it's totally forgettable. 6/10

Goatface

They clearly state that they were on a new ship and were to be the first colonists on the new planet.

if i remember correctly they said there was a dock there, so there were probably company people setting up the groundwork.

they would at least had to have a place to put people to sleep for the return trip.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was Jlaw's entire goal. She was going to fly out. Then live there for a year before returning to earth. Then be a journalist about her experiences.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
if i remember correctly they said there was a dock there, so there were probably company people setting up the groundwork.

they would at least had to have a place to put people to sleep for the return trip.
yeah, sure a team of people or whatever. But the people on the ship were to be the first colonists. Settlers.

Oldbased

> Than U
Weekly Tmobile reward was $5 Vudu so rented this for 99 cents in HD. First 10 minutes alone was worth the buck. I love spacey Sci Fi.
Maybe covered early on in thread but if she was to return in a year then they had means to hibernate her again on the planet. They covered that. The thing is... the planet is new and building meaning those means are probably cargo on that ship someplace.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Love this guys videos when hes making them about movies. Heres his take on Passengers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
On the credits now. Not a bad movie by any means. Plenty of "space" and sci fi mixed into a tale of romance and liver poisoning.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
something about @lindz being hot (and a good conversationalist), so she'd be an A+ replacement for JLaw in a firesofheaven recreation of this movie.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to Rotten Tomatoes this movie was shit, so I skipped it till now. I don't understand why this movie got shredded. It was fine... maybe even good. Pratt and Lawrence each did a great job, even if the story has a few plot holes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
According to Rotten Tomatoes this movie was shit, so I skipped it till now. I don't understand why this movie got shredded. It was fine... maybe even good. Pratt and Lawrence each did a great job, even if the story has a few plot holes.
Yeah I really enjoyed it, had some good acting and got my girlfriend to like a sci fi movie (because it's a rom com in disguise).

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, it's not a sci-fi film as much the previews made it out to be. as soon as i realized that, some of the issues i had with the science plot holes fell apart. i think honestly, that's why it got so many poor reviews, the trailers made it look to be much more of a sci-fi thriller with a romance side plot but it was really the other way around. i enjoyed it for what it was.

• 1Like

j00t

i've never been in that situation so i have no scientific knowledge to base an answer off of, so i'm going to go with a solid "you might? i don't know?"

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Movie would have been 10000x better if it didnt have that retarded hollywood ending. The ending should have been instead of Pratt living he died and it cut to a scene of Lawrence crying in that orientation room while another male passenger stumbles in disoriented.

But nope, par for the course Hollywood schlock.
Are you saying that maybe I wouldn't drown in space when my pool lost gravity?
She could have swam out of the bubble of water that formed. Not like the entire room was filled with water.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Having the audience discover the deception along with the woman and more of a focus on the morality of Pratt's character's decisions and less on the romance would have made it a much better movie. It felt like the foundation of a really good sci-fi story that got smothered in Hollywood bullshit amplified by having two big stars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Honestly, you gotta wonder how different the script was vs the end product. I remember when it came out there was all this tall about Pratt making more money than jlaw by a decent margin. I remember it specifically because it didn't make any sense. Pratt spent the first 40 minutes BY HIMSELF. He was clearly the main character.

But I wonder now if it WAS meant to be more of jlaw as the POV character while Pratt was much more ambiguous. But then at the last minute the studio stepped in and was like, starlord won't be accepted as an antagonist and forced a change in edit

Siliconemelons

Yeah, didn't know why she couldn't have swam out of her water bubble when they admit that you just need something to push off of in zero gravity - at the end(ish)

And they felt that this was different - as there are lots of "wakeup from Hyper sleep and figure shit out" movies