Path of Diablo

Ryanz

<Banned>
Do you like Diablo II? Do you like Path of Exile? Would you like to see a combination of the two? Welcome to Path of Diablo.

Basically it's a mod for D2 that updates it to make it more of a modern ARPG experience. Here are some of the improvements:

• The skill trees have been overhauled, with new skills added and underused skills changed or buffed. Skills can also be modified by new item such as jewels that give your melee attacks splash damage
  • The end game has been reworked to make more areas good choice for farming, leading to a more varied experience.
  • The stash has over twice as much space
  • Mana regen is doubled
  • High level runes drop more frequently
  • There is a global chat system
Here's a video explaining how to install it:

Important links:

Server List

Path of Diablo Reddit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Ladders were reset recently so if you want to compete then come on in and play. There are hundreds of players currently participating.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
I've never played Median, and I've just started playing this so I can't say with 100% certainty. I've only been watching some streamers that I follow on twitch and at a glance, it seems as though this is more of an authentic D2 experience with more drop rates for runes, a few new skills + re balanced older skills, and some map tiers at end game. The guys I've been watching have been having a lot of fun, and they are big into ARPG's, so take that for what it's worth.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've never played Median, and I've just started playing this so I can't say with 100% certainty. I've only been watching some streamers that I follow on twitch and at a glance, it seems as though this is more of an authentic D2 experience with more drop rates for runes, a few new skills + re balanced older skills, and some map tiers at end game. The guys I've been watching have been having a lot of fun, and they are big into ARPG's, so take that for what it's worth.

Years ago back when I was deployed I played the fucked out of offline vanilla DII, then when it started to get a little boring I grabbed median and it was a whole new game, was awesome.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fired this up. Works perfectly when I installed D2 on C drive root instead of program files. Then I had to go to the compatability tab on D2 exe, Path of Diablo launcher and the shortcut I made and set those to run as administrator. Probably don't have to set it on all those but worked for me.

Anyways, made a poison necro on hardcore as its the only necro I've never made and went for unique snowflake challenge mode.

I followed some Sigon Steel twink werewolf druid around and casted amp damage on shit. I got an infernal torch (+1 all necro skills) and got to act 4.

No lag and the patched stuff like base mana regen and shrines stacking instead of overwriting was nice. I'll keep diddling with this whenever pals are burnt out of Mythic+ grind. Should be able to get a Hell Baal down before I croak to one of the new bosses. They have multiple new high level areas and I think PoE style maps so the end game isnt just Baal runs and torch farming. If you get a crazy hair and want to play some HC or get stuck on the setup, holler at ya boi. I'll cast amp damage on shit and blow up corpses for ya.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New league is starting today. New patch, new skills updated, more inventory....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
Newest patch notes:

• Bash’s starting magic damage conversion has been reduced from 70% to 45%.
  • Bash’s base damage has been lowered from 130% to 110%.
  • Cleave’s starting mana cost has been reduced from 5 to 4.5.
  • Hurricane’s damage synergies have been reduced from 5% to 4%.
  • Tornado’s damage synergy from Cyclone Armor has been reduced from 12% to 7%.
  • War Cry’s synergies have been increased from 15% to 16%.
  • Ethereal Throw’s weapon damage percent has been reduced from 65% to 60%.
  • Fixed Bone Armor’s bone spirit synergy not showing the absorption increase on the skill tooltip.
  • Fixed a bug which caused Feral Rage’s life leech to not work.
  • Flesh Offering and Bone Offering now have a larger Area of Effect.
  • Bone Offering no longer reduces magic damage taken.
  • Bone Offering now gives increased damage.
  • Orb of Corruptions are slightly rarer.
  • Orb of Corruptions now only start dropping at monster level 40 or higher.
  • Lower drop rates of all runes, especially higher ones.
  • A new Sorceress fire skill has been added: Ignite.
  • Reverted Enigma back to vanilla but replaced +1 Teleport with +1 Warp (a 2 second cooldown teleport)
  • Hydra now has a maximum cap of 4 sets of hydras alive simultaneously.
  • Hydras now shoot fire balls instead of fire bolts.
  • Hydra now has a fire ball synergy.
  • Hydra’s starting duration has been increased slightly.
  • Fixed an issue which caused +% Increased Magic Damage mod to not apply to conversion skills like Magic Arrow and Bash.
  • Fixed a bug which made ‘+% Increased Magic Damage’ mod work as an additive bonus to synergies rather than multiplicative.
  • Warmth now also gives percent attack rating.
  • Rabies’ poison duration has increased to 4 seconds. The damage has been scaled up accordingly.
  • Rabies’ infection spread AoE has been increased.
  • Fixed a bug which could cause some players to crash in Arcane Sanctuary or while wearing Trang-Oul’s Avatar set.
  • Ravens can no longer be summoned in town.
  • Ravens no longer warp to you when changing areas or teleporting too far away.
  • Guardian Angel’s bonuses to maximum elemental resistances has been reduced from +15% to +7%.
  • Guardian Angel now also gives +10-15% to all resistances.
  • Guardian Angel’s attack rating bonus against demons has been changed to an attack rating bonus against all monster types.
  • Uber Mephisto can now be life and mana leeched from (drain value increased from 0 to 10)
  • Uber Baal is now immune to curses.
  • Life Tap’s heal has been reduced to 25% at level one and returns to 50% by level 13.
  • As a temporary fix to the Raise Skeletal Magi skill, only the Fire version will spawn. This temporarily addresses the issue with the fire magi being the strongest one and requiring summoners to desummon the other elements.
  • Stone Runeword no longer grants an additional grizzly bear and golem.
  • Flame Golem’s mana cost per level has been reduced by 2.
  • Immolate fire damage synergy has been reduced from 7% to 6%.
  • Immolate’s radius has increased from 5 to 7 yards.
  • Meteor’s inferno synergy has changed to Fire Wall
  • Fixed an issue with the font that made the number ‘5’ look like a ‘6’.
  • The “extra damage as physical” mod on Memory Runeword will now vary from 25% to 35%
  • The Grandfather unique sword has gone back to its original stats but has kept the 2% Life regeneration.
  • Heart of the Oak’s max life% has been lowered from 10-12 to 6-8
  • Blade Shield’s tooltip now shows the duration.
  • Lowered the volume of the Hurricane sound by about 33%
  • Lowered the volume of the Teleport sound by about 15%
  • Whirlwind’s starting damage is now -75% (from -50%)
  • Whirlwind’s damage increase per level has been reduced by 1% (from 8 to 7 per lvl)
  • Upgrading Runes will no longer require gems.
  • Wisp Projector’s “10% Reduced Skill Cooldown” stat has been replaced by it’s original stat; Heart of Wolverine charges.
  • Wisp Projector gained a new stat: 4-8% faster run/walk.
  • Crimson, Ocher and Cobalt Strike gained slightly more duration per level.
  • Crimson, Ocher and Cobalt Strike gained more elemental damage per level.
  • Crimson, Ocher and Cobalt Strike’s weapon damage percent has increased from 50% to 100%
  • Council Members can no longer spawn with Fire Enchanted. There is a old bug in the game code that makes them deal insane damage in Nightmare.
  • The Ancients can no longer spawn with Fire Enchanted.
  • Talic now uses a lower level Whirlwind.
  • Root of All Evil boss now uses Dashing Strike instead of Flicker Strike. His AI has also improved especially when hunting down ranged players.
  • Static Field minimum cap on monsters has changed to 25% on Normal (was 0%), 50% on Nightmare (was 33%) and 75% in Hell (was 50%). This means Static Field stops working when a monster’s health is at 25%/50%/75% of max hp.
  • Fixed a bug which made the Den of Evil quest impossible to complete after using the Desecrate skill.
  • Smite’s mana cost has been increased from 2 to 4.
  • Removed Holy Shield’s strength synergy to smite damage.
  • Fade’s curse duration reduction has been reduced significantly.
  • Antidote and Thawing potions no longer grant bonuses to maximum resistances.
  • Lowered the prices of throwing weapons and quivers which had gone up unintentionally due to increasing the stack sizes in a previous patch.
  • Holy Fire’s damage scaling has been reduced.
  • Blade Fury is now affected by piercing attack.
  • Blade Fury’s hitbox is a little wider.
  • Blade Shield now starts with 1 blade at level 1. It will gain an additional blade every 10 levels.
  • Fire Enchanted monsters in Nightmare will deal 30% CE instead of 35%. This is a temporary fix to an old bug blizzard never fixed which makes Nightmare do a lot more CE damage than they should.
  • Chaos Runeword’s ‘+1 to Whirlwind’ has been changed to ‘+1 Zeal’.
  • Monster’s resistances can no longer go below 0%.
  • Lightning Mastery’s bonuses have been increased.
  • Fire and Cold Mastery have had their bonuses adjusted slightly.
  • Discharge’s starting cooldown has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
  • Discharge’s minimum cooldown has been reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.
  • Discharge now receives a damage synergy bonus from Static Field.
  • Discharge’s synergies are now 5% (Nova was 8%).
  • Discharge’s starting damage has been reduced.
  • Discharge’s projectiles now travel faster.
  • Teleport’s mana cost reduction is now 0.5 mana per level (down from 1)
  • Maggot Lair now has two levels (down from 3). The boss room is also larger.
  • Coldworm the Burrower now spawns maggot infinitely and has a random aura.
  • Arcane Sanctuary’s pathways are now larger.
  • Fixed a bug which caused elemental damage dealt by Revives to not get increased by Summon Mastery.
  • Desecrate’s poison cloud AoE is now larger and travels faster.
  • Fixed a bug on non-ladder that caused players to gain zero experience and monsters to have 1 hp.
  • Raise Skeletal Mage now receives a damage synergy bonus from Fire Golem.
  • Alma Negra has received a new stat line. Before.jpg / After.jpg
  • Tyrael’s Might has received a new stat line. Before.jpg / After.jpg
  • Diablo Clone has returned… but you must fight him in his domain... details coming soon!
  • Battle Orders’ bonuses have been split into two: Self and Allies. The buff given to allies is much weaker than the one the barbarian receives himself.
  • Crushing Blow will have reduced effectiveness on prime evils and relic bosses (value to be decided).
  • The “% increased magic damage” mod has been renamed “% increased magic skill damage” to help communicate to players that it only affects magic damage skills and not magic attack damage on gear.
  • Druid’s Fire Claw skill has been changed to deal 100% of fire weapon damage as splash damage.
  • Wearwolf form now starts with 15% increased life (was 25%).
  • Wearbear form now starts with 25% increased life (was 35%).
  • Shock Wave’s damage synergy has been lowered from 11% to 10%.
  • Flame Dash has been reworked. The cooldown is reduced by base levels. The damage is scaled by levels and energy.
  • A new area called The Ancient's Temple has been added. You will now bring relics to this area instead of the previous area. It requires level 80 to enter. The entrance is in Act 5 town.
  • Relics will now be right clicked to activate (while standing in The Ancient's Temple). All party members in the temple area will be warped with you into the dungeon.
  • Using a town portal while in a relic dungeon will warp you to town without creating a portal. It will be impossible to re-enter the dungeon.
  • Decoy has been reworked. It uses Multiple Shot skill.
  • Valkyrie has been reworked. It uses Charged Strike skill.
  • Barbarian’s Masteries have been changed. There are no longer weapon specific masteries. Instead there is Two Hand, One Hand and Throwing.
  • Throwing Mastery no longer has critical strike chance.
  • Bone Runeword has been changed. Before.jpg / After.jpg
  • Peace Runeword has been changed. Before.jpg / After.jpg
  • Rain Runeword has been changed. Before.jpg / After.jpg
  • Players now have a charm inventory. Charms will work only in this inventory and no longer clutter your item inventory space. (in singleplayer this doesnt work. its just a bigger inventory)

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Installing now, the charm thing is what stopped me from playing this game again. This is gonna rock.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can do the glide thing on the reddit front page which makes it full screen at least but the resolution will be low still. It makes it 100x more tolerable imo. The discord for PoD is super helpful if you run into any issues technical or in game setup or anything really.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Such a shame... Really wanted to give this a try, D2 being my favorite game, but after reading their FAQ:
  • Does this mod work in single player? Not fully. Yes you can load the mod in singleplayer and it will run but many features we will missing or not working properly. We strongly recommend you play on our online servers.
  • Are characters kept after ladder resets? Yes; However they cannot gain any experience points. Non-ladder characters are not supported because we don't want to divide our community into ladder and non-ladder. You can still hop on your non-ladder characters to see how patches have affected them or to show a friend.

Basically you have to play online (which is fine, but...) and that implies ladder only, and I give zero fucks about seasons, forced resets and all that crap. I wouldn't mind if I could continue playing at my own pace, but locking the progression in D2 is a no.

And this certainly didn't help either :) :
  • Whirlwind’s starting damage is now -75% (from -50%)
  • Whirlwind’s damage increase per level has been reduced by 1% (from 8 to 7 per lvl)

Ryanz

<Banned>
I can understand not wanting to divide the community since the community to begin with is so small.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never played this back in the day, this was during my hardcore EQ addiction years so never really gave it a shot back then. But looking at some streams the game did not age well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Never played this back in the day, this was during my hardcore EQ addiction years so never really gave it a shot back then. But looking at some streams the game did not age well.

Yeah I got to level 7 on my amazon and bailed.

Ryanz

<Banned>
RIP'd my char in PoE so I'll be jumping into this. Will be hanging in channel "FoH" if anyone else is playing come chill, maybe we can group up etc.