Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

So close, yet so far. The ultimate fuck you dop lol.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what's up with the Koreans these days? They have started using western names but their sell tab is still in Korean language. Are they trying to trick me? Plus, recently I have noticed that they come to my HO, I start the trade, put the item in, they cancel and leave. Very odd

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sometimes I go to POE Ninja for build inspiration, and every once in a while I see a build that's just nutso.

I was looking around for a Divine Ire build, and I saw this one

It says 6.9 million DPS there, but if you take that guy's character and plug it into PoB it's 6.9 million for just the channeling part of Divine Ire. The hit part is hitting for 26 MILLION damage. Shaper has 40 million HP I think? Dude can 2 shot Shaper, lol.
It's ye olde conversion chaos abuse, BORING.

Found my build for next season!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
what's up with the Koreans these days? They have started using western names but their sell tab is still in Korean language. Are they trying to trick me? Plus, recently I have noticed that they come to my HO, I start the trade, put the item in, they cancel and leave. Very odd

The fucking koreans that are like...

I want to buy that for 5 chaos.

enrage me. When I get 3 tells in 5 seconds, I just ignore them. But fucking hell is it annoying as shit.

Borzak

Maybe it's your name in game. I've had good luck with them. They send a whisper and just give me the currency and go. Bought several things from them as well with no issues. I think at times they use google translate or something and take a second like when I asked if they had more of them. But they eventually said no more.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Besides the 5c spam like aladain has seen (its not exclusively koreans though) most koreans just pay and leave and/or they can speak good english as far as i've seen.

Borzak

I wondered if some non Korean players started using Korean text in their name just because they could on alts and such.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The spam likely means you priced something under the bots threshold.

I've had it happen a few times

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
korean name wants to purchase summit map left 1 top2
korean name wants to purchase summit map left 1 top3
korean name wants to purchase summit map left 2 top2
korean name wants to purchase summit map left 1 top5

So i dont know if they just dont look at who they're messaging or they've gone through 3 pages of maps already and have given up all hope in humanity and just spam every single map they see.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think it was Xequecal Xequecal that mentioned Memory Vault before the league. I'm going to have to agree, Guardian is look rather broken and I think it's just a matter of time before the meta catches on. I tried a Pledge of Hands Guardian, the tankiness is definitely absurd, I just didn't like the playstyle. Once someone popularizes a zoom zoom build with one, which probably already exists, who knows what will happen.

I'm talking ridiculous shit like 20k ES, 50k armor.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No PoB yet, I'm still working on it, which means playing the character. But here's an example of the stupid shit you can do with a mana guardian and a dps skill that doesn't require that much support.

poe.ninja

Things like Pledge of Hands FB+IN, HoAg, ED/Contagion come to mind. I didn't like the FB+IN playstyle, HoAg is a retard, but I know ED/Contagion is solid, just need to try it out.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I think it was Xequecal Xequecal that mentioned Memory Vault before the league. I'm going to have to agree, Guardian is look rather broken and I think it's just a matter of time before the meta catches on. I tried a Pledge of Hands Guardian, the tankiness is definitely absurd, I just didn't like the playstyle. Once someone popularizes a zoom zoom build with one, which probably already exists, who knows what will happen.

I'm talking ridiculous shit like 20k ES, 50k armor.

So.... same as guardians were before the ES nerfs (which seem to be completely reverted now, or at least mostly) when everyone was running around using RF/SR on them with 30k es tanking shaper slams and everything else in the game?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They are probably better than those times. 15k - 20k ES seems more the "normal" but the addition of VMS probably more than compensates for the lost ES. On top of that, you now have access to 3 build archetypes with non-shit damage, because that's what RF/SR is.

Frostbolt - Ice Nova with Pledge of Hands(buffed this patch)
ED/Contagion
HoAg(still quite good if you can stand retarded minion AI)

It's honestly overkill for most of the game but they're trending in a rippier and rippier direction. Legion seems the rippiest yet. Maybe early Betrayal Forts. If you're farming T16 Elder map, seems like a no brainer to go Guardian ED/Contagion.

I'm curious if anyone else has given self-cast Frostbolt-Ice Nova a try. The speed of frostbolts, I could just never get the build flowing correctly where it felt like a good all around mapper. Either you made your frostbolts too fast for indoor maps(imagine turning the corner and you have a pack on you already with no FBs out) or too slow for outdoor maps. Actually, if you wanted to play zoom zoom, FBs are never going to be fast enough.

I especially loved casting frostbolt, but then animation canceling early with ice nova and then locking your self in place for FOUR casts because you have no bolts out. They really need to make animation canceling optional for some abilities. ED/Contagion has this issue too but the penalty is less severe.