Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Is it realistic to vaal your own gems for 21 or is chance too low? I like to grind for stuff like that on my own, but if it means having a better flame golem in one month I rather buy it.

I almost always get my 21/20 early in leagues from vaaling myself. This league, for instance, I hit two 21/20 ED off my initial 7 that I had leveling through the acts and early mapping.

Seems like a 2% chance of success based on this video.

Odd, I've always had about a 15% success rate on anything other than empower/enlighten which are much closer to that 2%.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So unless they weight the RNG in some way there should be a 1 in 4 chance to get the level modifying corruption and then a 50/50 if you get + or - 1. So you should have a 12.5% chance to get a level 21 gem.

and the reason i say a 1 in 4 is cause on the wiki they list out the possible results from vaaling gems.

• No effect (other than adding the corrupted property).
  • Add or subtract one level. Max level gems can exceed their normal maximum this way. A corrupted gem at the normal maximum will not continue to gain experience.
  • Add or subtract 1-10 quality. Gems can have up to 23% quality this way.
  • Change the gem to its corresponding Vaal Gem.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea no way in the world is it ~2% or whatever, or level 21 gems would be multiple exalts for basically any even semi-viable skill.

I can't remember the last time I didn't hit a 21 off my initial 6-7 swap gems from a league starter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Man, I fear next league is gonna suck with the inevitable cyclone nerf. Nothing I've tried so far feels as good. The combo of high DMG + big ae + movement is gonna be hard to beat...

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
After 50 t15 maps, with no elder influence, shaper influence popped on a t15. Upon clearing the shaper influenced map elder influence finally popped on that map Was it just coincidence that I had elder influence spawn there? I haven't farmed UE since GGG fixed running the base tier of an eldered map to spawn influence in the center. Before the nerf, I'd only needed to run 10-20maps to get influence to spawn.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I figure next league I’m going to try a minion build (my understanding is there are quite a few good starters based on minions) and maybe bladestorm or some other melee-ish not reliant on multi strike . Then I’m probably out unless they either penalize range or fix melee.

Also, does anyone know of a build using Armageddon brand that is reasonable to play?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally managed to make something sorta real crafting. Divined it a few times to ~570 physical DPS. Now do I try and sell, or build the most needlessly expensive consecrated path build ever

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who was it in the guild that was offering 5 emblem carries the other day?

And how do I get the 5 slot map device? Complete a 4 emblem, right?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who was it in the guild that was offering 5 emblem carries the other day?

And how do I get the 5 slot map device? Complete a 4 emblem, right?
You want Kythik or Aladain (RexieRabbit in guild). And yep. 4 emblem.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
How hard are the 4 emblem and 5 emblem fights?

I'm in T12 maps atm with 4.2khp / 1.1kes @ lvl 88

They aren't hard but in order to be worth doing you need a shitload of dps, the generals have a ton of hp. Five ways is pretty much throwing 300 chaos away if you don't have a top tier build/gear.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My ED/Contagion Mana Guardian clears juiced up T16s no problem but bosses take way too much time to kill in 4+ emblem fights. I just focus on clearing trash, bosses dieing is a bonus.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok, what constitutes completing the Emblem fights? I have 4 emblems, but I don't want to waste them if it worn't unlock my 5slot device.

Do you need to kill all bosses?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My ED/Contagion Mana Guardian clears juiced up T16s no problem but bosses take way too much time to kill in 4+ emblem fights. I just focus on clearing trash, bosses dieing is a bonus.

Post the PoB for the actual toon. Curious how you geared it.