Path of Exile

Caliane

Why would they make a div card for an easter egg item?

I can understand if somethings so mythically rare and it's got a cosmetic value but poe? Even the best drops just get left unused on standard, it's not like anyone's collecting this shit.

They should make the fishing rod grant you rare monsters abilities for 20seconds just to troll the poe player base.
They've done it before.

could be supporter Div cards.

Caliane

Btw on the master shit, someone pointed it out on reddit and it's a good advice, even if you don't plan on playing the league right away cause you're playing classic wow or whatever else, it'd be worth it making a character to start accumulating your daily missions. You can just run them later if you decide to play, and in the worst case you wasted 20secs to make a char you can delete next time you play.
Wait, the masters are going to accumulate on character creation +time? not time played, or after unlocked+time/played, or even just accumulated, while playing?
I thought they were saying, that when you ran maps, and see a master, it adds a counter, which you can use later,and don't need to do, right now. Not that they would add up, even with you doing nothing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They've done it before.

could be supporter Div cards.

All div cards are supporter cards.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fishing is no joke and the Fishing master won’t talk to you or give you a mission unless you’re holding a rod when you find him.

Krillson is the masters name

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wait, the masters are going to accumulate on character creation +time? not time played, or after unlocked+time/played, or even just accumulated, while playing?
I thought they were saying, that when you ran maps, and see a master, it adds a counter, which you can use later,and don't need to do, right now. Not that they would add up, even with you doing nothing.

I was specifically referring to the statement I heard while watching ZiggyD do his Blight overview. At the 7:50 to 8:00 mark in that video he specifically states that master missions add 2 per day even while not playing. It is not a lot, but with how easy it is to lvl up a toon to maps, I can easily see people having quite a few alt accounts just to accumulate those over time.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Fishing is no joke and the Fishing master won’t talk to you or give you a mission unless you’re holding a rod when you find him.

Krillson is the masters name

He talks to you without a rod, he tells you to go find a rod.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Your daily missions, the guaranteed ones, add everyday without any interaction. On top of that, any "additional daily", you know like when you run a map and some master pops up again on the atlas, they will add to your count also instead. That's not related to finding masters in maps randomly, these are just the guaranteed masters that are visible on the atlas. So yeah they accumulate over time without any interaction, you accumulate more if you play I believe however, but otherwise you can like, not play the entire week, and then on the weekend burn a bunch of masters in a row on your favorite maps.

That's why some people are saying they'll make alt accounts to generate masters over time, and then run everything in dual log to feed sulphite to your main and live in Delve 24/7. And if you do bother doing that, it should work(although you still have to progress the characters to maps to make use of the master missions and do some logging in and out).

Now mind you, it's possible some things will work differently but that was my, and most of the people I've read, understanding of the new system. Other games do this kind of shit, especially F2P games. Like how in Hearthstone you can accumulate your daillies right, so you can play every 3 days or whatever and just do 3 daillies at a time. It's good for retention of casual players I believe, because it creates a hook to get them to play at least every now and then even if they feel like not playing all the time. Weekend comes around and they remember they now have a bunch of master missions to run and play the game. However unlike many such systems the master missions are apparently uncapped, which is even better.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it’s a great change for the normal player. Anyone with experience isn’t going to have problems with sulphite and masters

Just noticed you can donate MTX to points to guild and can’t be kicked for 3 months

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
812704DA-03A0-4565-8391-780C1DE84D43.jpeg

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Not interested at all in any of the changes as I'll never play summoner or miner and it's a slim to none chance I'll make a poison assassin. I'm in the minority there though so they're doing the right thing and a lot of people are going to be hyped. Would like to find out if we're getting any other nerfs of this league's skills/classes though. They should probably leave well enough alone regarding melee and see how many people stick with it.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I've honestly never likes Traps or Mines as a mechanic either. The mechanics are parasitic, you're basically forced to play the 1 ascendancy to use them at all since you can't leech off them. On top of that they don't trigger EO so going crit is basically mandatory as well, which further reduces your build options.

Caliane

I've honestly never likes Traps or Mines as a mechanic either. The mechanics are parasitic, you're basically forced to play the 1 ascendancy to use them at all since you can't leech off them. On top of that they don't trigger EO so going crit is basically mandatory as well, which further reduces your build options.
I liked them more, before that shit. Ranger didn't get any trap ascendancy which was baffling. Raider and pathfinder were kindof the same, with PAthfinder being better. Changes have given some variance... but, still..
The clear speed meta has of course left them behind as well. CD recovery can't keep up with clear speed.