Path of Exile

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just checked out the D3 thread and everyone was talking how they hope D4 is just a rip off of PoE. I have tried to get into PoE many times but failed, mainly due to the very early game being so "meh". Have they fixed that recently? This is a game I should love but never managed to get into.

Well the real pull of POE is the amazing build complexity of the game among other things. There is ZERO chance that Bliz adopts that. It would be cool if they revamped delve to Blizzard style though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well the real pull of POE is the amazing build complexity of the game among other things. There is ZERO chance that Bliz adopts that. It would be cool if they revamped delve to Blizzard style though.

D2 is 20 years old and D3 about 7 years old. I think they missed their opportunity to really crash in on the Diablo franchise. That time has come and gone. It will still make money of course but it seems to be hanging on by a thread of "leaks" for several years now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
PoE has an amazingly varied and deep endgame though. D3 does not. It’s endgame is decent though. It just doesn’t have the character that POE does. I vaguely remember greater rift bosses being blah.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's what grifts essentially are.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I wrote a book about the differences between D3 and PoE, but the bottom line is that each has strengths and weaknesses. Build diversity and non-class loot structure pushed PoE above D3 for me for years. But I have been out of PoE since week 2 of the league and back into D3 and enjoying it casually. I can see why the discussion is divisive depending on your playstyle and time.

PoE will have to work pretty hard to bring me back in December. This is the farthest out of PoE I have been since 2013.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope PoE 4 has some sort of leveling feature like Adventure Mode because I've lost all interest in playing the game (which is amazing) simply due to having to go through all the acts over and over each league.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Random thought: in the vein of "cool but stupid", they should allow KB to be used with bows. That's the totality of the bow mini revamp next patch.

Honestly, do bows really need anything? They lack perhaps a bit for variety and flavor, but look at all the skills melee has and lolmelee.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Bows have four top tier skills ele hit, scourge arrow, toxic rain, and tornado shot. The skills have variety until mirage archer--that'd be an interesting hole to dig themselves out of.

This VD-CoC build blows away the cold-based. The cold-based seems like a gimmick where this VD version is what coc should be. I winged the gear together and I doubt it's optimized. For some reason, I have two copies of the Stygian mtx. POB

Caeden

CoC-VD?!? I was trying to make a coc ball lightning for next league. This sounds more interesting.

Bows don’t need anything. Wouldn’t mind a heat seeker type ability like in d3 demon hunter, but bows don’t really need anything.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't think bows need anything, they already have loads of choice as there's so much easy to obtain gear. You can find a good bow build in most leagues and it will get you to end game and farming cheaply.

They are reliable and I like it that way, it's always something to fall back on if your build turns out to be shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bows have four top tier skills ele hit, scourge arrow, toxic rain, and tornado shot. The skills have variety until mirage archer--that'd be an interesting hole to dig themselves out of.

This VD-CoC build blows away the cold-based. The cold-based seems like a gimmick where this VD version is what coc should be. I winged the gear together and I doubt it's optimized. For some reason, I have two copies of the Stygian mtx. POB
I would put Ice Shot up there too. I've been leveling an Ice Shot Voidfletcher Raider and it reminds me of KB.

How is Ice Nova CoC gimmicky?

Caeden

anyone sitting on jagged, corroded, and shuddering fossils they’d sell? Been buying on the market but it’s all Afks or I get like 2 fossils per transaction.

Caeden

So I’m sitting on 18ex and 700c. Am still planning to craft a culling strike bleed axe for my glad and grabbing a -15 mana chest to dump my soul taker. Sorta wanted to do a swap to zombies from spectres on the necro but it’s killing so fast that I’m meh.

What would be a reasonable build a lot would try within that budget?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda hard to tell you what should tickle your fancy. Mr. Zoom Zoom up there likes VD despite the inherent delay between ball spawning and monsters dieing. I would have never guessed that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I’ve done spectres and bleed glad with soul taker. Cleared all content aside from whatshisfuck in delve when I can’t find him. I like to ssf my encounters oddly.

I’m thinking assassin coc and I want to do screenwide death and zoom zoom.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really hope PoE 4 has some sort of leveling feature like Adventure Mode because I've lost all interest in playing the game (which is amazing) simply due to having to go through all the acts over and over each league.
100,00x this. With each new league this is probably my sole reason for burning out relatively quickly.

I've complained about it before, but having to run to top left, tag waypoint, TP to town, talk to X, waypoint back, top right of map, etc. every fucking season is so cumbersome it isn't even funny. There is 0 reason you shouldn't be able to map or at least do the league mechanic the entire way through a season. Having to jump through the bullshit of A1-10 for a few extra skillpoints and mapping is one of the largest reasons PoE fails to consume and leech MTX cash from me(don't even get me started on Labs every fucking time as well). I just want to listen to music and kill shit late at night, maaaan. I can't be bothered killing Kitava for the 800th time.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If by screenwide death you mean instantaneous, then I would suggest mathil's bow coc from last league. It's still good this league. Using anything but cyclone as a trigger is frustrating however.

If it doesn't need to be CoC, I would suggest the HoI chaining builds I've posted in the last few pages. They are faster than typical CoC builds and chaining 2 screens of packs is what PoE is made for. Not really but don't at me.

Caeden

Not sure how I feel about worb again. Hated it when it was amazing. Certainly don’t enjoy it now. I’m considering a mjolnir coc build with ball lightening.