Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So I’m sitting on 18ex and 700c. Am still planning to craft a culling strike bleed axe for my glad and grabbing a -15 mana chest to dump my soul taker. Sorta wanted to do a swap to zombies from spectres on the necro but it’s killing so fast that I’m meh.

What would be a reasonable build a lot would try within that budget?

~18ex would get you started with the vd build. The watcher's are fairly cheap 2 to 5ex--I bought a double-anger-mod plus zealotry for 8ex. The sword I picked up for 11ex and a +1 vd helm for 5ex--I'll sell you my sword so I can get the unnecessary upgrade. I'm sure there's a timeless worth trying for but I haven't looked into it at all.

Then there's the really expensive part, scaling dmg though crit multi jewels. 2 multi mods + life are 5ex+. 3 multi mods + life are 30ex+

Kinda hard to tell you what should tickle your fancy. Mr. Zoom Zoom up there likes VD despite the inherent delay between ball spawning and monsters dieing. I would have never guessed that.

There are no delays with desecrate and VD linked with COC. The balls are better are cleaning up stragglers. They're amazing single target dps. The Stygian VD + Aura MTXs look great together. In every way it's an upgrade. You can use my gear set if you want to give it a try.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll try to hit you up tonight. This sounds fun. I was going to run a CI mjolnir build with ball lightning everywhere and cwdt exposure

Also - I thought you were poor this league!

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
~18ex would get you started with the vd build. The watcher's are fairly cheap 2 to 5ex--I bought a double-anger-mod plus zealotry for 8ex. The sword I picked up for 11ex and a +1 vd helm for 5ex--I'll sell you my sword so I can get the unnecessary upgrade. I'm sure there's a timeless worth trying for but I haven't looked into it at all.

Then there's the really expensive part, scaling dmg though crit multi jewels. 2 multi mods + life are 5ex+. 3 multi mods + life are 30ex+

There are no delays with desecrate and VD linked with COC. The balls are better are cleaning up stragglers. They're amazing single target dps. The Stygian VD + Aura MTXs look great together. In every way it's an upgrade. You can use my gear set if you want to give it a try.
Show me! Or show me someone clearing with skill similar to yours. Those VD projectiles travel so slow.

Does spell cascade not work with CoC?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I’ll try to hit you up tonight. This sounds fun. I was going to run a CI mjolnir build with ball lightning everywhere and cwdt exposure

It's definitely my favorite cyclone build. I have over 7mil dps, near 7k hp, 50% atk / 37% spell dodge, and fire leech.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Show me! Or show me someone clearing with skill similar to yours. Those VD projectiles travel so slow.

Does spell cascade not work with CoC?

The only delay is the half a second between ball spawn and target locking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Half second?!?! ETERNITY!

That guy wasted sulphite on a Legion node.

I might give it a try next patch. I'm finding HoI builds to feel better. I literally mean feel better, I love them shatter chains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Builds like that look uber fun but I'm too casual for the currency requirements, lol. Only downside to PoE vs something like D3

Caeden

I guess what’s his names vid on reddit boosted the popularity of lacerate glad. Stuff has been steadily moving. Just have a couple pieces to move and I’ll have all but Kythik’s jewels in place. Most of his are out of my league price wise.

Lacerate glad was fun. Nice bleed pops. Tanky even as dw axes. Decent clear for a melee.

bladestorm/perforate champion was tanker with a 2h. More dps too but I was better built for it. Clear was oddly worse despite big moving storms. Bossing was superb though. Really really enjoyed it.

Sweep slayer fun but fucking slow. We won’t talk about lacerate 2h slayer or glad. I’ve seen guides on those and they need to be erased from the internet. I do wonder if slayer perforate would’ve been cool though. That skill has tremendous leech capability. May try again in the future.

Caeden

I’m sitting on 6ex and 900c still until I can move my shit more. +1 helm or auls uprising the bigger upgrade? Need to poke in pob on it more. Got a double anger watchers and you know I got the sword on decent deal. Picked up a cinderswallow for an ex too. Kaom’s is dirt cheap this league.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
[/QUOTE]
I guess what’s his names vid on reddit boosted the popularity of lacerate glad. Stuff has been steadily moving. Just have a couple pieces to move and I’ll have all but Kythik’s jewels in place. Most of his are out of my league price wise.

Lacerate glad was fun. Nice bleed pops. Tanky even as dw axes. Decent clear for a melee.

bladestorm/perforate champion was tanker with a 2h. More dps too but I was better built for it. Clear was oddly worse despite big moving storms. Bossing was superb though. Really really enjoyed it.

Sweep slayer fun but fucking slow. We won’t talk about lacerate 2h slayer or glad. I’ve seen guides on those and they need to be erased from the internet. I do wonder if slayer perforate would’ve been cool though. That skill has tremendous leech capability. May try again in the future.

Perforate is always going to be pretty meh at clearing. The only melee skill I can really tolerate anymore is ground slam. I’m sure there’s something else that has good clear and single target but this league is so goddamn bland I can’t be bothered to try.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They need to make chaos stacks 50 or something. I've decided to just buy exalt cards as at least people respond to messages about those.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I’m sitting on 6ex and 900c still until I can move my shit more. +1 helm or auls uprising the bigger upgrade? Need to poke in pob on it more. Got a double anger watchers and you know I got the sword on decent deal. Picked up a cinderswallow for an ex too. Kaom’s is dirt cheap this league.

Get a +1 vd helm. Most of my jewels were only 1ex

Caeden

Perforate is always going to be pretty meh at clearing. The only melee skill I can really tolerate anymore is ground slam. I’m sure there’s something else that has good clear and single target but this league is so goddamn bland I can’t be bothered to try.
[/QUOTE]
I may do ground slam next league on either slayer or zerker. I have some off the wall ideas for zerker I want to try with wild strike, infernal blow, etc.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
That’s what I’m seeing when I poke at it. I don’t know if I’ll do devoto’s. May pick up one with the delve craft on it and life.

I went with Devoto's for the movement speed; I didn't see much of a need for more life. The reduced fire resist mod is nice but I'm already over 320k per ball--not counting 9% more when on consecrated ground. With a properly crafted sword, I'll be close to 400k per ball.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Man i am getting the itch again but i know i will only get to lvl 60-80, and then turned off by the need to break out the calculator and spreadsheet to figure out what i need to progress.

Caeden

I thought spreadsheets were the first day of class for RPG 101?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user