Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Lol the twitch thing was broken and hardly anyone got any mtx. I had my laptop on in the other room all night and got fuck all.

So they're putting in a vendor/ah system? Not sure how else to make the system not suck.

I don't think they mentioned anything, I could be mistaken as I went to sleep after the streamers started playing 4.0.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
according to reddit (the most reliable source of information) there were about 12k twitch linked accounts watching the stream.
My theory is as follows. only 12k had a chance to get mtx in the first place. But the bot or whatever did the drawing, included the entire viewer base into it. So instead of picking a winner from the 12k who were eligible, they wasted picks on people who were not and thus the wins got lost so to speak. And there were well over 100k people watching.
Also, I like how GG changed their stance from saying that there was a problem at twitch side to it's just bad rng

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's a bit of a fuck up but not the end of the world. I'd imagine most GGG employees will be at exilecon so they can't really do much.

Maybe they'll offer a mystery box or something down the line.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They haven't mentionned anything about trade changes, either because they're not planning any, or because they haven't decided yet or even because they did but they don't want to talk about it at this point just yet and are working on implementing it for the league after next or something like that. We'll see. I don't mind it too too much but I do hope they do something, especially with the gem shit I feel it's gonna be a pain in the dick to trade all the various gems, and scammes are gonna have a field day with this shit(oh you wanted the 21/23 6L zombies but instead you got a 1/1 6L zombie or a 21/0 5L zombie etc).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t mind trade that much. I’d want an AH. That’s it.

I want to see witch and duelist ascendancies.

For 3.9 - saw a lot of ranger with ballistas. Totems can’t leech. Rangers typically leech. Not seeing how the sustain is here. Holy man ballista seems more realistic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they really should've given everyone something for watching for 5 minutes or whatever, a skin transfer or whatever if they can't make anything special. That way atleast people would know they're hooked up correctly and everyone gets something, and see how you get notified etc.

I had the stream on for 6+ hours and nothing

The announcements were awesome though, 4.0 is way grander in scope than what i could imagine. 38? ascendancies, just wow.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Witch Ascendancies they did a sneakpeak, one of them is Defiler and the art looks like she's extracting souls from stuff so not too sure what it'll be like since nothing really works like that atm and then Arcanist which is lightning based with charges or whatever. Also a few other ones, timestamp is 2:40 in case link doesn't work:

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Witch Ascendancies they did a sneakpeak, one of them is Defiler and the art looks like she's extracting souls from stuff so not too sure what it'll be like since nothing really works like that atm and then Arcanist which is lightning based with charges or whatever. Also a few other ones, timestamp is 2:40 in case link doesn't work:
It really looks like the ultimate goal is to hit some of the key fantasy templates.

I would love to have chaos themed melee skills and a shadow, duelist, or marauder shadow knight themed ascendancy.

Of course their skills that I’d view as Paladin-like all suck a la smite.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Quinn asked Chris Wilson if they were "cucking" the game in regards to some changes. 6 minutes into his 30 minute interview. It's great.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Annnnnnd Chris said that the trade site might be put into game in an in-game browser. Helpful, but not ultimately the fix. His tone made it seem they ARE working on Trade though. Like rather than rambling at 1000 mph as he usually does he was slower and MUCH more thoughtful. They've definitely got something cooking.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Annnnnnd Chris said that the trade site might be put into game in an in-game browser. Helpful, but not ultimately the fix. His tone made it seem they ARE working on Trade though. Like rather than rambling at 1000 mph as he usually does he was slower and MUCH more thoughtful. They've definitely got something cooking.

Having a browser in games a terrible idea. I mean why do that when everyone has a browser open anyway. Will it be based on something you have or something you don't want etc. Will it be updated all the time etc.

In game browsers are problematic.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
There was mention of another tornado shot nerf? Not that that’s the big news at the moment but I’d love for the only skill thats been allowed to be so strong for so long finally be gone.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There was mention of another tornado shot nerf? Not that that’s the big news at the moment but I’d love for the only skill thats been allowed to be so strong for so long finally be gone.

Chris literally said it was nerfed and "RIP".

When he said "browser" I wasn't thinking an internet browser, I was thinking more a built in UI type feature. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it's just part of the game, you basically have an auction house without a delivery system.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If they build a trade browser in game it will be based on chromium or something and using their api. They are not going to code it from scratch as its pointless and a total waste of resources.

Edit: Unless they are planning an auction house type thing down the road, then it wouldn't be..

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just got a 4th drop. UNFORTUNATELY, 2 of them are the same, some glowing red eyes. I don't use MTX at all so doesn't really upset me. Free stuff is free stuff. Just glad it's working, hopefully people get some stuffs.