Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think a lot of the meta will come from the Super Gems™ that exist. Obviously bows will be much, much more popular, but I'm guess some crazy spell shit will be the top builds.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m waiting to see how badly minions get raped. My plan was to start zombies on necro or guardian. Not sure how well guardian starts. I was going to obviously do Barron but I bet it gets raped too.

I usually start something I’ve never played before so that keeps pointing me at some sort of ballista build or mines. I’ll also see what happens to bows but I’m disinclined to start ranger. Did that once and I was miserable. I wonder if pathfinder and cobra lash would work for poison proliferation. Need to read.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Don't think minions are going to get hit as hard as people here think. Hardly any complaining about it on the reddit over most of this league, certainly not as much as arc/storm brand/cyclone. Maybe nerf the Necro +2 minion gems node down to +1 or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My expectations for minion nerfs are a damage nerf across the board(probably via feeding frenzy, removing the damage buff it gives), necro nerf most likely on the +2 node going +1 and something or straight +1, spectres requiring 1 more level to get(so 12 22 32) and then some baron nerf, less damage from str given to minions and less zombies probably, along with the shaper gloves becoming a lot rarer and maybe that geoffri chest will get some nerfs too. Possibly an additional damage nerf across the board(gem baseline nerf).

End result is minions would still be perfectly fine, just not nearly as strong as they are now.

I'm planning to go Necro as usual, unless some of the new stuff looks great but I kinda hate bow builds so it's not looking great, best bet would be totems but I'm not a big fan of that either. They're also adding a pretty cool minion belt, that lets you use all 3 offerings. Might be some issues with corpses since that's a lot of corpses and will need to automate the casting but mistress of sac with all 3 offerings will be pretty crazy, bunch of block/spellblock, life to ES and move/cast/atk speed, and minions get all that too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have blighted maps / minion gear I can snag to play w/ before league ends?

Pyros Pyros can probably help you with when minions want to use that victarios shield. I found some 21 skel and spectre gems if you want too.

I think a lot of the meta will come from the Super Gems™ that exist. Obviously bows will be much, much more popular, but I'm guess some crazy spell shit will be the top builds.

Heard them in day 2 stream saying it will take 5-10x the XP to get those to level 5 that it does to raise a normal gem to 20/20. The nervous wobble guy also said that they wont be normal drops from the new guardians whatever that means? could be 50% chance or 5%. He did confirm some are rarer than others.

Caeden

I actually think Shaper, Elder, and UE will be more common than they said. I expect there will be another mechanic beyond zana missions. They hinted it. Its too iconic of encounters to let fall to the rarely done side.

There are some build defining watcher's eye mods that, if the fights are that rare, will be going from 5-10ex to 20ex+.

Those who have played the frost nova COC how do you sustain? I imagine mana isn't the problem. I'm thinking life. - EDit....DUrrrr. Life Leech Support.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I actually think Shaper, Elder, and UE will be more common than they said. I expect there will be another mechanic beyond zana missions. They hinted it. Its too iconic of encounters to let fall to the rarely done side.

There are some build defining watcher's eye mods that, if the fights are that rare, will be going from 5-10ex to 20ex+.

Those who have played the frost nova COC how do you sustain? I imagine mana isn't the problem. I'm thinking life. - EDit....DUrrrr. Life Leech Support.
They said they wanted to, but my understanding from the way they said it is that they didn't actually have the additional ways added to the game yet. It'll probably be a new type of item or mechanic that might not be ready yet, like next league's mechanic(after metamorph) or whatever, or just something they haven't figured out yet. I don't see why they'd mention they're going to add them to Zana even though they don't like the idea because it's too rare or if it's not it's too common(you don't want your daily zana to be 30% shaper/elder/cortex shit) if they have a decent alternate way to do the fight that doesn't eat up map spots, imo. So I fully expect a bunch of that shit to be ultra rare at least next league, and would definitely not plan on anything reliant on them(well common shaper/elder drops are probably fine, like the gloves will still be fairly available since they drop like 45% of the time from shaper it felt like when I farmed the hideout).

Caeden

I am fucking glad i got the hideout this league. Shit is going to be rare as fuck.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saw on reddit they are 1/2 way giving out the twitch drops. Logged in and I got the infernal bundle. Infernal weapon, gloves, boots, and body armour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
If anyone is still not clear on how Path of Exile 2 and Path of Exile 1 connect, someone made a nice picture on reddit:
oVytkyQjPzzRVwt6UV8D-O-j1wfSiO7WNqEBzQi_W2g.jpg

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Pretty happy 3.9 seems to have something “new” beyond another three months of nothing but a tacked on mechanic. I’ve already played all the skills I really feel like playing for more than enough time in the current end game. I’ve probably hit the point of trying to make sub par skills work just to play something different and have a “challenge”. Doesn’t help that I don’t play casters or archers at all, for some reason I’ve never played either in any game sans rolling twink hunters to cheese In wsg or a javazon just because it was so ridiculous.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty happy 3.9 seems to have something “new” beyond another three months of nothing but a tacked on mechanic. I’ve already played all the skills I really feel like playing for more than enough time in the current end game. I’ve probably hit the point of trying to make sub par skills work just to play something different and have a “challenge”. Doesn’t help that I don’t play casters or archers at all, for some reason I’ve never played either in any game sans rolling twink hunters to cheese In wsg or a javazon just because it was so ridiculous.

I always played melee in other games too, PoE is the first game that was able to get me to go caster/bow. Give it a shot, I think the big difference is it's easier to make a tanky caster in PoE than in other games.

iannis

Musty Nester
Mildly interested in Poe2.

The real question is, will they have an AH? Or is this just a simplification fork?