Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Having to complete 28 different maps just to get out of T3's sucks. Definitely not enjoying this new atlas yet. I should be firing up yellow maps today but instead I'll just be grinding more shit tier T3's.
You really kinda don't have to though. The maps will still be there once you upgrade the regions, you should just unlock 3-4 per region(one of each tier) so they can drop as yellows once your upgrade, and then find the adjacent ones in yellow tiers instead. Unlike the old atlas basically most of the maps are frontloaded and available right from the start, but it doesn't mean you have to do all of them as low tier. While you get completion that way it's extremely inefficient xp wise. Mind you that's what I did also but now that I get the atlas more I probably wouldn't do it that way if I rerolled. Like next league I'll do a much more focused progression instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm aiming to deep dive this game when 2 comes out.

Seeing how long it takes them to fix leagues I can't imagine how long PoE 2 and 4.0 are going to wrinkle out.

Sometimes it's pretty fast but a lot of times the stuff is so obvious seems like someone would have caught it earlier.

Borzak

Congrats on the mirror. I don't even know what I would do with one if somehow one dropped.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I have a GeForce 1060 on latest drivers in Win10. I'm getting the crash to desktop with no error bug. Any ideas?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seeing how long it takes them to fix leagues I can't imagine how long PoE 2 and 4.0 are going to wrinkle out.

Sometimes it's pretty fast but a lot of times the stuff is so obvious seems like someone would have caught it earlier.
Unlike leagues they'll most likely have a beta for poe2, like they did for Awakening ( Forum - Announcements - Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening - Path of Exile )

So a lot of shit will just be fixed before it's really live, unlike these patches which have like 20 alpha testers or whatever the fuck they run with and so much super obvious shit somehow gets in. I'm fairly sure GGG is to blame for a lot of that stuff too and not the testers, I guarantee they change some shit last minute and don't have time to properly test it as a result.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I just mean as a start point. I love deep diving similar in spirit games like monster Hunter. By all means poe is right up my alley.

Just haven't dived into it. Although I tried a bit.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Ok, I have a GeForce 1060 on latest drivers in Win10. I'm getting the crash to desktop with no error bug. Any ideas?

happened to me. I didn't find any info about it. Post here if you figure it out, havent been playing since it started.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Okay so, how the hell does someone who hasn't played since there were only 3 acts in this game get back into it?

Between the giant skill tree, the gem linking, and the currency/crafting this game seems daunting.

• 1Truth!

Borzak

Look at the forums and find a build that sounds good, possibly one that mentions "cheap or starter" build. The rest you'll figure out along the way, ask here, in game in the guild or google it.

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay so, how the hell does someone who hasn't played since there were only 3 acts in this game get back into it?

Between the giant skill tree, the gem linking, and the currency/crafting this game seems daunting.

Get a build guide so you don't lose interest because your build sucks. Then if you're the type of person that doesn't feel the need to rush to endgame you can just take it slow and learn as you go.

Trading is a big one though: After you look on www.pathofexile.com/trade and press the whisper button when you find an item you like then ctrl+v in game to contact the seller. The standard procedure is the purchaser teleports to the sellers hidout by right clicking the portrait and "travel to hideout" (theres a blue swirl on the portrait but it doesnt allways go to hideout). Then the seller initiates the trade if you're polite (also by right clicking portrait or the name in the chat box etc). Check the item/s to make sure they're not trying to scam you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure if this new atlas set up would be better or worse not knowing how the old one was.

Probably better. I know trying the old strats and expecting similar mechanics put me back a day--well, coupled with not knowing that the watchstones had to be carefully placed into the correct slot.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
  • 1Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Probably better. I know trying the old strats and expecting similar mechanics put me back a day--well, coupled with not knowing that the watchstones had to be carefully placed into the correct slot.
Carefully placed? I have two so far and just put them in the two regions that I had the most maps in. Seems easy to take them out, whats the screw up I need to avoid?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Honestly, I fucking hated this game prior to Incursion league. I had tried on two separate occasions to get into the game - once during Breach league and again during Harbinger. Both times I quit out of frustration due to not understanding end-game, builds, etc. Knowing how much I love ARPGs, how disappointing D3 was to play from a replayability standpoint, and with Marvel: Heroes folding, PoE was really the only other game in town and I was fucking determined to find something I could just chill with while listening to podcasts/TV/Music (the reason I love ARPGs).

What I did was roll up a character and just sort of "winged it" while listening to/watching just about every single newbie guide I could get my hands on. With how popular PoE has become among streamers, there's a ton of really good resources out there now. What I would do is leave them on in the background while playing and anytime a subject came up I didn't understand or fully comprehend, I'd either stop what I was doing and rewind, making sure to pay extra attention, or I'd research it more via Reddit threads, other videos, etc.

Honestly, your first character is going to be a total shitshow, but it really helped in grasping the beginning concepts and understanding a lot of what was going on. As daunting as the game seems (and in some ways it is, with all the systems they've added), there are a lot of mechanics you don't even need to waste your time with, especially if you don't find them enjoyable (hi2u Betrayal). It really will start to make sense if you spend the time and effort, I promise. The bonus is that GGG are one of the best developers in the business, so the time investment is definitely something that I found to be completely worth it.

Carefully placed? I have two so far and just put them in the two regions that I had the most maps in. Seems easy to take them out, whats the screw up I need to avoid?

Honestly, I was confused as fuck with the new mapping endgame coming from the way it used to work. I expected a lot of the old mechanics to apply and many of them don't. These following 2 videos pretty much explained 98% of the new mapping system to me and helped me a shitload in understanding the new endgame.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does item rarity % affect the tier of unique chance to drop or is it purely just the number of uniques that drop?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m seeing necros gravitating toward skeles/zombies. I’m pretty bored with the spectre style so I may build this. What spectres are these folks using?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy the league overall, but bosses / conqurers and metamorphs in t15 and t16 maps are insanely overtuned