Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I love the new atlas, I feel like they really shoe horned builds though. Only certain things can map fast and also kill t14+ bosses in a reasonable time frame.
The rebalance definitely made a bunch of builds not good, it was kinda expected when they boosted boss hp.

I'd love it if you can explain the 33% thing. Or point me to a source that could clear up my confusion.

Becuase i remember seeing something to the effect that you would get influence after 3 different maps and then the boss after 3 more different maps alternatively you'd have a 33% chance if you didnt run different maps.

Has not been the case.
The 33% is something else and it was assumed it was also 33% but it feels lower, more like 20% or so.

The 33% was the chance to find a conqueror again when running the same map, but only for the under 16 part of the atlas quests. Basically at launch, for the first 16 watchstones, you had 33% chance to find conquerors, then they hotfixed quickly to 100% BUT they didn't/couldn't fix the consecutive map %, so say you popped a boss running wharf, if you ran wharf again, it wouldn't be 100% anymore, it'd be 33%, but if you ran another map in the same region, then it'd be 100% like the fix intended. They then fixed that to be 100% guaranteed even running the same map for the first 16 watchstones.

However, they haven't actually said anything for the 17+ watchstones rates I believe, and I don't think it's 33%, but I haven't really counted either.

There was a post on reddit though about getting watchstones faster, might end up being fixed though but the gist of it is, you use your normal red maps to spawn the influence as usual, but once the influence is popped, you run white maps in that region instead and you will still get the repeat encounters on white maps. So the idea is you run cheap as fuck white maps, kill a few packs to check for pops then leave. Even if it pops you can leave, it counts as soon as they show up. You do that twice and now you can run your fights as normal. This lets you speed up the process tremendously by throwing shitty white maps and not clearing them to rotate through the watchstones quickly. Good way to farm Sirius too.

Obviously if you're still leveling and shit you can also just run red maps for xp normally, it's just a good way to get done asap with watchstones if you're planning on running a full atlas or something(which is debatable since you get drops from every region, forcing you into a lot of subpar layouts). There is a trick to get only one T16 map to drop but it involves 2 accounts and this one will most likely get fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The rebalance definitely made a bunch of builds not good, it was kinda expected when they boosted boss hp.

the problem is a lot of the fun factor of this game is the variety of builds, everytime they make changes that constrict this I think they lose something (it seems to expand and contract all the time so I'm not really worried about it)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
the problem is a lot of the fun factor of this game is the variety of builds, everytime they make changes that constrict this I think they lose something (it seems to expand and contract all the time so I'm not really worried about it)
Yeah I don't necessarily disagree either, I think map bosses should be easy and they can keep the beefy shaper/elder/uber elder/sirius etc for more dedicated builds, this way you can make good mapping builds, good bossing builds and a few builds that can do both well. As it is, you can only make good "mapping but not kill the boss" builds which is a bit fucked.

I'm glad I played a really high boss damage build so I didn't run into any issues, with that or metamorphs but I've seen a lot of complaints on reddit. Used to be you could have a 1m shaper DPS build and do fine in maps but now it seems you'd better aim for 2-3m, which is a huge step up since a lot of builds flat out can't get that much or can only get it via super glass cannon bullshit where you end up with 4k or under hp at 90. Even my build with 6k I found to be squishy with the damage output of shit too, so it's not like you just need raw damage.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
There was a post on reddit though about getting watchstones faster, might end up being fixed though but the gist of it is, you use your normal red maps to spawn the influence as usual, but once the influence is popped, you run white maps in that region instead and you will still get the repeat encounters on white maps. So the idea is you run cheap as fuck white maps, kill a few packs to check for pops then leave. Even if it pops you can leave, it counts as soon as they show up. You do that twice and now you can run your fights as normal. This lets you speed up the process tremendously by throwing shitty white maps and not clearing them to rotate through the watchstones quickly. Good way to farm Sirius too.

This still works. I thought they hot fixed it last night, but apparently they didnt!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
After reading Aladain’s explanation, I’m not sure I think this is better.

I think it is. Having no worries about map sustain is amazing, and rolling watchstone mods is way better than on a map itself. But it will take time to get used to, and it's a lot more work to get an awakened atlas than the old completion, which I think it overall a good thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it is. Having no worries about map sustain is amazing, and rolling watchstone mods is way better than on a map itself. But it will take time to get used to, and it's a lot more work to get an awakened atlas than the old completion, which I think it overall a good thing.
Takes more work but there's more rewards, you get a bunch of shit from awakening levels and you get 50% more map upgrade from reclearing the atlas a 2nd time with awakening levels so I think it's fair. That said I'm pretty sure they also increased the base map droprate and I don't know if they'll keep it at that level next league.

I've never had anywhere close to that level of map sustain before, as a fairly casual non map-shaping player. The fact that after running so many T16s for watchstone farming I still had more T16s than T15 is way way different than before and it's not like I had an amazing atlas bonus either. And I wasn't running like crazy shit, as usual I only used sextants every now and then cause I always forget to put more in, I only chiselled T15s(10%) and T16s(20% until I ran out), I only rerolled mods to remove Chance to avoid poison not for quant and I only vaaled for atlas bonus.

Every map almost dropped a T16 back, and often I'd fine several which compensated for the few that didn't. On one map I found 7 T16s. There were a fair amount of elder/shaper guardian maps too, shaper maps especially sell for a bunch of money.

Don't even think it's the league stuff either, while I did get some maps from the mobs around the boss pretty often, the actual map mod on metamorph looked like it was 99% garbage white maps.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
4. The eye drop rate.

Has it, tho? I have 1 lung (pretty sure it's lung), 0 eyes, 7+ brains/hearts/livers each and I've killed a grand total of 2 metamorphs. The only reason i'm at 7-10 on the other 3 organs is because I just don't even bother going for the organ if it's one of those and instead just pick the parts with item drops I want. The last few times i've even had liver/eyes as an option, the bar is impossible to max out so I can't even get it when it pops up that 1 time out of 20.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Assuming you're starting out, once you get to the atlas and do all the prerequisites (Find Kiracs brother, the watchstone towers, etc), you have to get 16 watchstones by defeating the edge regions (Haewark, Lex, Lira, Vastir) four conquerors. These are guaranteed to appear so long as you run a different map in the region each time, and you have the approporate number of watchstones socketed. If you mouse over to the storage area of the watchstones on the left of the atlas, it will highlight the region and tell you which stones from that region you've obtained. Any you've not obtained will tell you how many watchstones that you have to socket before a conqueror will have appear. They have to appear 3 times in order to actually open up a map via Kirac/Zana and fight them. So you defeat 16 conquerors getting 16 watchstones (Each one is killed 4 times, once per region). You then have to defeat Siris. Win or lose from that point forward, the conquerors only have a 33% chance to appear when you open a map, however, they won't appear until Siris is defeated. If you fail Siris, you have to re-do the cycle, but with the 33% chance instead of a guarantee.

I have to only farm outer region maps for dozens and dozens of maps and then if I fail the sirus fight I have to farm the outer region maps another 100+ times to get 16 watchstones again? And until I beat sirus I can't raise the tier of inner region maps or use sextants or whatever so i'm just with a bunch of t1-t4 maps as my only option?

I guess I should spend an hour or two and actually research how the new atlas works because if that's how it works then i'm probably not gonna play any more.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have to only farm outer region maps for dozens and dozens of maps and then if I fail the sirus fight I have to farm the outer region maps another 100+ times to get 16 watchstones again? And until I beat sirus I can't raise the tier of inner region maps or use sextants or whatever so i'm just with a bunch of t1-t4 maps as my only option?

I guess I should spend an hour or two and actually research how the new atlas works because if that's how it works then i'm probably not gonna play any more.
That's not how it works and you'd really only need 5mins to find that out.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Running white maps after influence spawn like pyros said is actually very sweet. only tiny issue is you use up your ivory watchstone charges on nothing basically if you have them socketed

I would say its the best way to go for now untill they make it so you can use sextants on a influenced region

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The new sustain on mapping is 100x better than the old system. Additionally, I like that they front-loaded most of the maps and the watchstone system, so that by T15-16, you're able to run a variety and sustain. I'm glad they mostly got rid of the silliness of the prior system where it was just 1-3 maps that you'd want to run over and over in order to sustain. The whole sextant system is 100x better as well and I actually use them pretty frequently where as in the prior system I rarely used them at all.

They definitely need to improve on the ability for certain builds to boss though, I agree. A lot of builds just get flat shut out of T15-16 bosses with the new HP upgrades, as well as being able to reliably kill Elderslayers/Guardians. Also, they need to make the whole "influence"/watchstone system a little more intuitive, or at least explain it a lot better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
if anyone finds something that is high demand and easily flipped for a 30c+ profit lmk, I'll give you a split!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yikes I just hit the 4 stone Drox fight and my DPS is insufficient to do it. And that fucking annoys me. After the bubble and on the last stage, by the time I get his stupid fucking banners down I have about 5 seconds of DPS before he pops it again. And I was playing without headphones talking to my kid and watching football and realized I needed to get the audio for HAND OF JUSTICE because it was one-shotting me. So I ran out of portals like a true scrub.

Ugh. Well, something to which to aspire. I had already realized the hunter guy was going to eat me up on the 4 stone fight because I have no chaos resists at all and needed to figure that out. Didn't think Drox would be an issue. The winter chick was easy aside from that stupid moving arena.

Edit - this is all on a 5 link so I guess I really can't complain lol. I am running T16 bosses and metamorphs okay, that Conqueror was the first boss that really exposed my build.

Next Day Edit - Hunter was surprisingly easy. I just stocked up on Poison immune affix healing potions and one death later he's down.

Last edited: