Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This last cycle I had one part that took me about 30 maps to get my last taunt on the first conqueror. Then I got my next 3 complete in about 40 maps. I think that was what they wanted. But taking damn near 40 alone for the first seems a bit much give they said about 10 per.

Also, I don’t care what anyone said. It was always pretty damn easy to get UE going again as long as you ran t15+. I do love the map variety a lot more but it’s clear they are actively gating endgame bosses (old and new).

I have yet to see a fucking constrictor map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've had 0 problems getting A8 Sirus. Probably takes me 2-3 maps to get influence, then another 4-6 per to get the Conqueror. SO that's like 24-36 per Sirus? I think that's reasonable. The only thing slowing me down honestly is stuff like Alva's and Zana missions, which are fine as I'm not one to complain about more end game content. It's also fucking raining Guardian maps, Elder or otherwise.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I need some feedback or input regarding trading. I was never a big trader in any game I played. I guess I never had the patience to deal with it and I just hoarded everything I got. I started using PoEtrade macro but it seems to pull info from the PoE trade site and not the official PoE trade site. I then ran across PoEtradeoverlay which I like better. As for listing items which one I should go by? Median? I'm having a difficult time trying to see what an item especially a rare is worth due to all the affixes.

Pricing rares had a lot of depth. League age, bases, stat combos, crafts/open affixes, and tiers all affect prices. Here's one of my generic filters with no item type. The filter is made of t1s and special mods--jewelry quality messes with the results. Play around with it.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This last cycle I had one part that took me about 30 maps to get my last taunt on the first conqueror. Then I got my next 3 complete in about 40 maps. I think that was what they wanted. But taking damn near 40 alone for the first seems a bit much give they said about 10 per.

Also, I don’t care what anyone said. It was always pretty damn easy to get UE going again as long as you ran t15+. I do love the map variety a lot more but it’s clear they are actively gating endgame bosses (old and new).

I have yet to see a fucking constrictor map.

And I have killed three constrictors to every one of every other Elder guardian. Go figure!! RNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Dude is 100% cheating, stream or not. He's been the winner every day for multiple years, and by impossibly huge margins. He's also been banned multiple times in the past.

But if I were making ~200 USD per day for 15 minutes of playing PoE I'd try and defend my free ride too.

He's supposedly the dev of PoEHUD, the MQ2 of PoE.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Cyclone impale is still one of the highest damage, lowest gear requirement builds you can do. The only thing they nerfed about it was Cyclone being bigger than youre entire screen with basically no investment. Which was fucking stupid in the first place. Summoners basically only got nerfed until you're 90+, then you'll be able to 21 your gems to get extra spectres, zombies etc etc. Just makes them slightly SLIGHTLY weaker at the lower levels but still a destroyer of everything when geared and leveled. The zombies did fucking suck until like lvl 40+ though this league because they lost a lot of hp and slam speed.

Got an example guide to link? Depending on buffs/nerfs thinking this or spectres for league start next time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got an example guide to link? Depending on buffs/nerfs thinking this or spectres for league start next time.

Even though that's from 3.7 it basically all holds true. There's some new phys pen nodes in passive you'll want, cyclone radius is smaller, and there may be better influence items, but the rest is pretty much the same. I didn't check if it mentioned the Timeless Jewels, but you shouldn't need one of those. Basically berserker + Terminus est + stack impale effectiveness in passives + stack phys debuffs + flat phys and attack speed = win.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I do love the map variety a lot more but it’s clear they are actively gating endgame bosses (old and new).

Yeah, I really do enjoy that they've tried to add variety to mapping so that you aren't just running the same 2 or 3 T15+ maps. That was an awesome change and I'm glad they did it. However, the sheer quantity of maps you possibly have to run to spawn Sirus is something they either need to address, or leave as-is, but increase Sirus' rewards.

Caeden

So any advice for better handling Sirus’ negation beams when you run leap slam other than slowly walk around with them?

Amazing how much better flame dash is. I guess I’ll finally get off my ass and try to create a fort/coc sword.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
get a "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corrupted jewel and you can basically ignore them.

Caeden

Odd. I have one in my belt. Still felt they were instant death.

I probably need some chaos resistance. Was using a little on gear and a flask. I ended up dodging in the little quadrant until I could get to him

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's supposed to do physical and corrupted blood from what i can see on poedb.
But on all 3 chars i've killed him with i've allways had 30%+ chaos resistance so i can't be sure.

It's allways been totally forgettable to me though (i mean i don't make a point of staying in them). I'm pretty sure i'd die faster accidentally running lockstep with one of the moving traps in lab.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Had a weird thing happen with a metamorph boss today that seems too coincidental. I ended up with an organ with "6-linked unique chest armor". I also had another organ with "drops additional unique...", I don't recall if it said armors or just items. Ended up with two different unique 6L chest pieces. Has anyone noticed a relationship between the "drops additional..." texts and specific organs like this?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've done Sirus up to level 6 with just a regular life flask of staunching. I've never felt the need for a corrupting blood immunity implicit. Spinning negation beams is just more dodge time, not dps time.

Scoresby Scoresby you could have also had the "additional reward" proc.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I've done Sirus up to level 6 with just a regular life flask of staunching. I've never felt the need for a corrupting blood immunity implicit. Spinning negation beams is just more dodge time, not dps time.

Scoresby Scoresby you could have also had the "additional reward" proc.

Yeah, will pay a bit closer attention. Just felt like maybe I've been living my life wrong this whole time and missing something major when it happened.

Back on to Sirius, I had my first go at him last night...down to 20% or so then ran out of portals. I've only got like 5300 hps (4x maxed resists though), but do think it was more me just missing mechanics than anything. This fight seems easier than others historically, should be able to clear it all up next go-round.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I've burned two Sirus fights without a kill. Did better with my molten strike Jugg but still ran out of portals. Will definitely get a corrupting blood jewel next time, run 4 life flasks, and take the gain a life flask charge pantheon for my next try. Back to mapping for another week to get another chance. Gay.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if it's the key to killing awakener, but it's certainly what's helped me kill him consistently without deaths at awakener 8. Only part that you should be dying to is the last phase, and the only thing that hurts is the beam. Previously I would try too hard to dodge his spinning quadrant thing and not get hit, now I just ignore them and run through/eat them and find him asap after he teleports, that little thing changed it from a 3-4 death thing to no deaths.

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I went through the first chunk of the fight without issue. The video I watched made a comment that really made sense...just slow the fight down. Don't worry, or get in a hurry, just watch what is happening and make deliberate moves. I find on fights that are really sensitive to positioning I try to avoid using movement skills where possible as I tend to over/under estimate where I end up and nuke myself. The last phase it is really helpful to have audio on as well as the tell is actually his voice "feel the thrill of the void" and about midway through you get the death beam. I thought this guy did a good job explaining it and I owe what success I did have the first go-around to his breakdown.

Speaking of movement skills wrecking you. I started using Whirling Blades instead of Dash to gain Fortify and I'll be damned if it doesn't spaz out and execute multiple times in a row, often putting you right back where you started where you DIE! So, this script actually does a good job of limiting it to a single key (or mouse) press. I would not be using that skill without this script.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#IfWinActive, Path of Exile
SendMode Input

<your_wb_key>::
Send, {<your_wb_key> Down}
Send, {<your_wb_key> Up}
KeyWait, <your_wb_key>
Return

<hotkey_to_suspend_this_script>::Suspend

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that was a rampant issue with movement skills when they introduced animation canceling. I suspect they got around it by instituting a hard coded timeout that covers most of the player base's attack/cast speed. But get a berserker, ranger, or gladiator into high APS, you'll easily start seeing double leaps or whirls again.

Caeden

Weird. I felt it was instant death to touch those spinning beams. I tried to leap slam through them.

This was a level 7. I killed a 5 unceremoniously.