Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t think PoE is hard. Just dense and it requires some research. Anyone that lived through the golden age of MMO’s from EQ through say TBC has zero problem grasping the mechanics.

If you learned how to calculate getting uncrushable in WoW, congrats you can handle PoE math.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What's wrong with Betrayal and Blight such that they should be removed from the game?

They are both tedious, annoying, and superfluous?

Blight makes you play a cumbersome mini-game that isn't well explained at all in-game. I skipped my first 3 or 4 Cassias because I had no idea wtf I was supposed to be doing. Then you have the anointing aspect, which is a literal cornerstone to some builds (Zombiemancer, for instance) and again, it isn't explained for shit in-game. It's yet another thing you have to go do research on. I skipped Blight league and when I started looking at a Zombiemancer build for 3.9, I couldn't figure out how in the fuck they were getting their strength high enough for The Baron. Low and behold, you have to anoint Utmost Might. At the end of the day, ARPGs should be about killing shit to get another pull of the slot machine. Ultimately, you should be able to have some semblance of choice in difficulty in vs. reward out. But, it should still fundamentally be about watching your screen kersplode in torrents of death. Blight does away with all of that and says, "I hope you like tower defense mini-games motherfucker!". That, in my opinion, doesn't fit within the fundamentals of a good ARPG system/mechanic.

Betrayal suffers from a similar problem. It does a much better job of fundamentally being about "killing shit", but it takes way too fucking long to unlock safehouses now that it's "core" and not the league mechanic. It has the same issues as Blight in that it's confusing and unintuitive as hell - in fact, it's even more confusing than Blight, in my opinion. Wait, should I betray this guy? Fuck, wasn't I supposed to bargain with this one to move him up a level? Goddamnit, I should've slain that last one, not bargained! It's a total mess. And the worst part about it all is that you can't fucking skip it like the rest, because unveiling is such an integral part of crafting..well, anything.

As has been mentioned - if they are going to add something to core, make it like Survivor and something else gets voted off the fucking island. It doesn't mean that mechanic can't ever come back, but they need a cap on this shit before we're staring down the barrel of 20+ different league mechanics we have to make sense of and run in order to complete a build.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So good, or not, they're nerfing AW to compensate for the blades thing. They're buffing other aspects so it's "balanced", but at least they were aware AW was some broken shit if you did manage to get a lot of weapons. We'll see where it lands I guess, could be overnerfed, could be really good. Seems fairly good overall although it doesn't help the gem bloat issue to have yet another skill to cast to generate minions. I guess you can weapon swap, spam a bunch of cascade bladefalls, raise your shit then swap back maybe. That or probably just CwC cyclone with offering and desecrate too.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I also just started halfway through metamorph and found almost everything easy and intuitive once i read up on it. Except the syndicate. it really needs to be simplified into the ground.

Also, as a new player there are some EXTREMELY questionable balance choices that i think are only in the game because they've been there forever and it would be sacrilegious to remove them.

*cough
Headhunter_inventory_icon_png-100696-380x380.png
cough*

Btw, is there really any reason to join a guild other than just having guildchat? if so, who do i ask for an invite to the FOH guild?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I also just started halfway through metamorph and found almost everything easy and intuitive once i read up on it. Except the syndicate. it really needs to be simplified into the ground.

Also, as a new player there are some EXTREMELY questionable balance choices that i think are only in the game because they've been there forever and it would be sacrilegious to remove them.

*cough View attachment 251501 cough*

Btw, is there really any reason to join a guild other than just having guildchat? if so, who do i ask for an invite to the FOH guild?
Also a guild bank that we all throw stuff into for everyone. Just need your in game name and a lot of us can invite ya. Ill add you tomorrow or someone else might do it tonight

Caeden

Most of us can invite to foh guild. I like the chat.

Also, coc bladefall blade blast might get me to try a few weeks into the season of I get caught up on some projects.

Caeden

Surely they’d nerf CoC rather than cyclone....

It kills me how fucking expensive melee is in this game.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm going to start interviewing programming candidates by making them play PoE and seeing how well they adapt and overcome the unknown.

Jox, you want a job?

I would do this for the life experience. Would have to be completely serious thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Surely they’d nerf CoC rather than cyclone....

It kills me how fucking expensive melee is in this game.
Don't worry buddy, you can play the new Hollow Palm build and not have to buy gloves or weapons, just punch stuff real good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can now make the game pick a portal at random. Entire set I believe, no favorites yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After Wolcen somewhat reignited my desire to play an ARPG, I reinstalled this for the 4th time I think, but once again I can't get past the camera angle and zoom. I really wish I could get use to it because it sounds like such a great game, and has so much content. :(