Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anytime I start messing with lightning spells and trickster/assassin, I end up settling on either CI or LL being the only viable options.

Caliane

I just said fuck it, and put in life leech support for my VD spellslinger.

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just said fuck it, and put in life leech support for my VD spellslinger.

Blood rage and the shadow life/life steal node has been enough for me. But I went assassin for my slinger.

Pure spell damage has been the way for me so far.

I got a large cluster with 10% spell damage on all the minors, Burden Projection and Essence Rush. Combined with blood rage and the pure spell hybrid kinetic bolt setup, I'm lovin it.

Caliane

yeah, I went the other way. Witch>templar>maruader.

VD explosion does NOT scale with spell damage though, remember.
General damage, elemental damage is needed to do both the death explosion, and the VD projectile.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I'm doing DD not VD and I have unearth

Trying to boost my crit up a little more naturally to put awakened fire damage in with unearth and remove improved criticals

Crit builds get annoying on HC or maybe just in general

Nothing is worse than trying to roll this hybrid wand that I've ever tried on the topic of annoying. My luck with annuls is impossibly bad.

Caeden

So I did cast on crit barrage with ball lightning. My spellslingers were a 3L wave of conviction. And a 4L arc.

For life based, I didn’t have enough damage or life sustain for my own laziness. I think if I reworked it (and I might) I would have done a 3L woc slinger, 3L arc slinger, then a 4L ball lightning slinger with a life leech link. To make this work you have to take the reduced reservation nodes by witch/Templar. I was going to anoint the notable that gives dmg per power charge.

I was running assassin obviously.

Now, I think VD is overall a better spell to build on, but I’ve done a lot of VD and wanted to try ball lightning.

Ultimately, I’d still swap to LL and move my tree to ES and then use my life on wrath and zealotry. You still need to pick up reservation nodes for the 3 slingers.

It’s a gem slot hungry build. I think I ended up managing to sneak in arcane surge on. Flame dash and I had to hard cast IC. Assassin mark would be on hit on a ring. Scaled generic and spell crit and some spell dmg. It was fun, but I abandoned. Will come back later.

Caliane

Ya I'm doing DD not VD and I have unearth

Trying to boost my crit up a little more naturally to put awakened fire damage in with unearth and remove improved criticals

Crit builds get annoying on HC or maybe just in general

Nothing is worse than trying to roll this hybrid wand that I've ever tried on the topic of annoying. My luck with annuls is impossibly bad.
To be clear, DD is the same.
DD deals aoe flat fire spell damage. and then also, explodes the corpse for 6% of the corpses max life, that deals Secondary damage. Secondary damage will scale with aoe damage, damage, fire damage, elemental damage. but NOT spell damage.
Secondary is not effected by spell CRIT either.

• 1Like

Caeden

Spellslinger is fun. Only seems viable late game with VD.

Archmage heiro is fun so far but I’m finding I overdid my mana cost.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds perfect!

Has anyone tried Seeker Runes? If you keep the brands alive via recall, supposedly they get ridiculous attachment range. How much does this help with clear? My hang up with brands has that even super juiced, brand recall's cooldown has always been too long. With a giant attachment range, the effective "pack size" becomes larger and maybe you don't need to use brand recall as often?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Patch today, more nerfs to the fog, splinters now spawn at the end.

and yet the league mechanic is still complete garbage

it shouldn't go away until I'm done, it shouldn't force me to run linear maps, fuck it's frustrating

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
and yet the league mechanic is still complete garbage

it shouldn't go away until I'm done, it shouldn't force me to run linear maps, fuck it's frustrating

Instead of being a gotta go fast thing I'd rather it was set up so that the longer you kept it going the more dangerous it got until something along the following -

death.png

• 1Like