Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really should have read the patch notes. Glad I haven't done any jewelry crafting yet.

I only knew the Hunter's Orb said it because it was the first one I ever got and I read it a few times out of excitement. I had to go look up the full text of the regular.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea crafting jewelry these days is basically just catalyst the base to influence whatever rolls you're looking for and start chaos spamming.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
GGG: trade must be tedious
Also GGG: here's a trade API
Players: we're going to subvert this crap
GGG: lol, ToS violation, banned

Ultimately, I think Bex is miscommunicating some of the details. Claiming PoE Overlay is against the ToS seems like a stupid thing to do. No one's going to disagree if they had just gone with the "This shit is hammering the servers" angle and had left ToS completely out of it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I removed the PoE overlay software about 5 mins after I installed it as I didn't like it. Heard it mentioned a few times that it's been really messing with the trade site which seems to have been running like shit most of the league. I still use trade macro, it works still for rares which is all I need it for. Anything else if I'm in doubt I just hit up poe.ninja which is also amazing if you want to check bases and stuff like that. Sure you have to tab out but it's not really a hardship as I've normally got the site open if I'm playing the game, it's one or two mouse clicks to find anything.

Currency Cop is good for Poe.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I used awakened poe trade this league and it worked pretty well. Not nearly as intrusive as the overlay, that was a turn off for me.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
With currency cop you can add your stash tabs, as many or few as you have or want to. I just add all of them. It just lists everything in your tabs based on the chaos value so a shavs might be 100c unlinked and 400 alchs might be 100c. It can do stuff like distinguish between a 3l and a 6l etc.

It updates once every couple of seconds or manually etc. Not good for rares or bases etc but it's pretty good for a general idea of where you are at currency wise. For example last time I opened it up it tells me that I have a net worth of around 130k chaos. If I go mapping or delving for a couple of nights and fill my dump tabs it will auto calculate what's inside and add it to that tally and say something like 132k net and +2000 in green.

One thing it's amazing for is div cards as I dump them all in the tab and just check a while later what ones I've got that are valuable that I won't ever use and list them. It's also very good if you collect alot of fossils and resonators and shit like that.

If you use this app you could be very surprised at how much you are actually worth in the league, it's way more normally than you think especially if you have a gazillion stash tabs like most people who've played a while have.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The overlay thing is fine and isn't gonna get you banned for TOS reasons, but the dude that makes/made it is pretty retarded about the way the wrote and it and this isn't the first time it's destroyed the trade API cause he isn't properly respecting server response codes.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great place for a breach, thank you rng.
1588187129725.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ultimately, I think Bex is miscommunicating some of the details. Claiming PoE Overlay is against the ToS seems like a stupid thing to do. No one's going to disagree if they had just gone with the "This shit is hammering the servers" angle and had left ToS completely out of it.

What the fuck is this shit. Are they saying a CTRL+C that auto-price checks is banable? How would poe-trade macro not be banable too in this regard? What the everliving fuck.

Shit like this makes me want to quit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What the fuck is this shit. Are they saying a CTRL+C that auto-price checks is banable? How would poe-trade macro not be banable too in this regard? What the everliving fuck.

Shit like this makes me want to quit.
Well she came out saying the usual ToS shit but they're not really enforcing that anyway, then she edited/explained that really the reason is the spam shit. Something about a few users doing millions of queries in a single day. I wouldn't worry too much about it, there's a new version that caps the queries too(although I don't get how that wasn't the case before). I assume they might come out with a post by the end of the week to explain their stance a bit more if they feel the need to.

If they weren't retarded they'd spend time integrating all that shit to the game too for PoE2, if they want to keep the stupid trade shit, the trade website and generic tools like this should be part of the game so you don't need a 3rd party to do it(most people would still run 3rd parties for customization, but the average user could just price check shit quickly).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well she came out saying the usual ToS shit but they're not really enforcing that anyway, then she edited/explained that really the reason is the spam shit. Something about a few users doing millions of queries in a single day. I wouldn't worry too much about it, there's a new version that caps the queries too(although I don't get how that wasn't the case before). I assume they might come out with a post by the end of the week to explain their stance a bit more if they feel the need to.

If they weren't retarded they'd spend time integrating all that shit to the game too for PoE2, if they want to keep the stupid trade shit, the trade website and generic tools like this should be part of the game so you don't need a 3rd party to do it(most people would still run 3rd parties for customization, but the average user could just price check shit quickly).

If people are getting banned for it as the reddit posts states, they are enforcing something at least.

I was pissed off because I wanted to get an app written that didn't interact with the game client in any way, but I still ran it by them and they said absolutely not, and they would ban for it. Was bitter. I wish they just had a clear cut policy around it. "Can't interact with the game client in any way" is far too subjective.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So Sirus fucking blows, anyone that can help me kill him now that I have him spawned again?

My l33t strategy is to take out very single watchstone to get down to Awakening Zero where he dies fast enough that I only need to make it through one quad laser plus orbital canon rotation.

Because I'm a shitter.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They still can't figure out the reason people use all this stuff to begin with is trading in game sucks top down.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty much my only complaint. Trading in this game is the worst and the only thing keeping it from being my favorite game, pretty much.

I'll keep using Overlay or similar tools and I'll keep using AHK for stuff that is overly tedious or outright shitty to play (Mine detonates).

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How are they going to know if it doesn't interact at all?

They wont, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a means of checking certain calls if they took it seriously. For example, reading a pixel from video memory isn't really interacting with the game client, even if it read video memory that the client put there.

They are just too inconsistent and I didn't want to take a gamble with it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They didn't even ban anyone for using the overlay, they just locked their accounts for 24 hours cause something was bugging out and sending millions of requests per day.

Overlay just updated yesterday and defaults to a a pretty large search cooldown now so it should stop being such a shitter anyway.

• 1Like