Path of Exile

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What build and or thread?

They put Glancing Blows and Wind Dancer on the core tree, so with Gladiator or Scion you can now do a build that gets them both while capping both block and dodge on the same character. Glancing Blows blocks don't count as being hit, even though you take damage from them. If you cap both you can use Wind Dancer + Kintsugi + Fortify for essentially permanent 60% less damage taken, since the shield only goes down if something manages to get through your dodge, your block, AND your evasion. Add in blind and you're going to be at <1% chance to ever be hit by anything. That's the thread where this interaction got spilled, dunno if they'll fix it before release.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

They put Glancing Blows and Wind Dancer on the core tree, so with Gladiator or Scion you can now do a build that gets them both while capping both block and dodge on the same character. Glancing Blows blocks don't count as being hit, even though you take damage from them. If you cap both you can use Wind Dancer + Kintsugi + Fortify for essentially permanent 60% less damage taken, since the shield only goes down if something manages to get through your dodge, your block, AND your evasion. Add in blind and you're going to be at <1% chance to ever be hit by anything. That's the thread where this interaction got spilled, dunno if they'll fix it before release.
Fucking poe, now I have to go plan out a build and figure this out with what I was going to do.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Fucking poe, now I have to go plan out a build and figure this out with what I was going to do.

I already did one for Scion. Acro/Phase Acro, the Overwhelming Offensive cluster, Assailum, Hinekora's Sight, and Atziri's Step get you to 65/65 and a quartz flask gets you to 75/75. You have to use a channeling skill but Cyclone is still good so whatever. Then you just have to get to 55% block, (55 * 0.7 * 2 = 78) which isn't hard as either Gladiator or Scion.

As Gladiator you can even skip Glancing Blows entirely and use Mistwall but your second defense layer goes down for 4 seconds whenever something penetrates dodge. (Block is checked before evasion)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Even the LL variant? I was planning that as a second build! I love VD

I think LL anything does enough damage to be passable enough to clear red maps. Most builds do. The question becomes can it blow through guardians, ubers, super deep delve (and delve bosses) and awakener 8.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I watched some vids and got the impression that the LL VD was pretty high dps. I’m tired of rolling it as CoC!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol so whos responsible for the 'white knight' div card. love the artwork too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the chance I get a name change or even an account ban if I start next league with my time honored "JuggLivesMatter" character?

Caeden

I’m sort of wavering back to starting ball lightning mines. I dunno.

definitely not doing cyclone or CoC this league. (I said that last league...)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Try Arc maybe, it's pretty good if you get the enchantment for chain. Bossing is pretty mediocre, but the clear is good and it blows stuff up nicely and is fun. Try Enki's Arc Witch, this builds been around forever and has a popular following.

This was updated and then will be redone for patch changes.

The new setup is finished, feels really good to play and overall fits the purpose of this build/guide much better. I'll start updating the guide once patch notes are out, if you wish to continue with the current build please save yourself all information before that, as it won't be available once I start the update.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cyclone has had that coming forever, let's be real.

DW nerf is pretty surprising tho. Could end up real awkward if the 2h buffs aren't enough and melee just ends up being overall worse off than it already was.

Time for the rise a sword+board bleed gladiators?

ED unchanged again somehow, so if you want the free-est of freeroll starters I'd assume that's your pick.

Caeden

Just the change 2H needed!

Sad about the Archmage gutting. Is it possible to league start as spellslinger VD and transition into CoC VD?
Assassin or necro? I found necro CoC to be lacking severely. Hated it and I had pretty fucking good gear on it. VD spellslinger needs serious attack speed and you're not getting that on assassin really; I had a similar issue with ball lightning that I could have fixed with the 2 proj enchant and going LL for more damage. I'd do necro for spellslinger. I guess you could roll CoC with necro, but it is way smoother on assassin in every shape or form and more defensive.

Caeden

DW nerf is pretty surprising tho. Could end up real awkward if the 2h buffs aren't enough and melee just ends up being overall worse off than it already was.

Could? We're there already. If I do any melee this league, it will be sword/axe and board glad. Still haven't done that. Lacerate again maybe!