Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
“ We want to reward players for standing still and taking a risk while being surrounded.” No fucking thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Assassin or necro? I found necro CoC to be lacking severely. Hated it and I had pretty fucking good gear on it. VD spellslinger needs serious attack speed and you're not getting that on assassin really; I had a similar issue with ball lightning that I could have fixed with the 2 proj enchant and going LL for more damage. I'd do necro for spellslinger. I guess you could roll CoC with necro, but it is way smoother on assassin in every shape or form and more defensive.
Not committed to either ascendency. I haven't reevaluated Necro since the nerf to spirit offering, which I was depending on for sustain.

Maybe trickster Ed contagion soulrend spellslinger, reroll into CoC vd assassin.

What didn't you like about Necro?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Could? We're there already. If I do any melee this league, it will be sword/axe and board glad. Still haven't done that. Lacerate again maybe!
Absolutely starting with a glad block build. Would’ve been a toss up with ground slam zerk but that’s going to be far too popular. Didn’t see smite mentioned but I wish they’d do something with it. Love the skill but I can’t figure out how to get any damage out of it.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not committed to either ascendency. I haven't reevaluated Necro since the nerf to spirit offering, which I was depending on for sustain.

Maybe trickster Ed contagion soulrend spellslinger, reroll into CoC vd assassin.

What didn't you like about Necro?
It just felt squishy and very inconsistent on the crits, even with spirit offering for defense. It would go splat way more often than assassin. I forgot that got nerfed since I did that build, so it'll be even worse. Plus IIRC, you gave up a damage link for that in the 6L right?

Elusive is just better.

EDIT - Deathwing Deathwing do you have a POB for the trickster? I started mocking that up because I've wanted to find a way to make soulrend work better and that sounds fun.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gotta wait and see what the numbers look like on 2h buffs and the slam skills. Tec slam was already pretty good along with ice crash, so they could be very real if the changes are anything more than token.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It just felt squishy and very inconsistent on the crits, even with spirit offering for defense. It would go splat way more often than assassin. I forgot that got nerfed since I did that build, so it'll be even worse. Plus IIRC, you gave up a damage link for that in the 6L right?

Elusive is just better.

EDIT - Deathwing Deathwing do you have a POB for the trickster? I started mocking that up because I've wanted to find a way to make soulrend work better and that sounds fun.
You do give up a damage link. IIRC, the sacrifice was supposed to be balanced around VD capping out corpses consumed so it couldn't abuse Spirit Offering as well as DD. I agree, the spin into a pack and not crit for just a bit was annoying, but I imagine more gear would fix mitigate that.

But, with Vulcan and +2 corpse limit to Desecrate, I'm going to give VD another try.

That is just a leveling build, I'm not going to spec anything out until PoB is updated, too much passive tree shit is going to change. At least, not spec out anything worth sharing. Tyty says if you want to stick with the build into red maps, you'll have to drop the spellslinging setup.

EDIT: I'm not totally sold on the build above. I think by the time you get maps and cheap 5 or 6 links, it's time to drop SR. I don't see the point in continuing to invest in both.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Well, they nerfed HH self cursing somwith the hexproof change. I'm sure people are/will be crying.

I am planning on starting with a chaos spellslinger--of course, Tytykiller had to make a run video this week using it. VD didn't feel as good for leveling but it's fine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Although a lot make perfect sense, that's a lot of nerfs. Like cyclone losing stun immunity was obvious as fuck(not sure why it had stun immunity in the first place when they reworked it to not be like D2 cyclone) but it's still just a nerf with no buffs. Same for DW nerf, the bonuses for DW were probably too good but it kinda hurts. Shit like the Herald of Purity change also hurts unarmed builds a ton so the fact they can now use more skills I'm not sure if it's gonna be better(also most skills lost their flat phys in favor of % more phys, which hurts unarmed a lot more).

Interestingly in that flurry of nerfs, they still haven't nerfed EE, apparently. Would have been the perfect time to, especially with the new minion unique basically providing EE anyway(at the obvious cost of having to use the unique).

Their cluster fix is also interesting because it relies on them making sure they nerfed all the "problematic" choices, which isn't guaranteed since a lot of overpowered shit might have been hidden by herald stacking just being stronger so no one bothered. I think it probably wouldn't have hurt to add a cap to every cluster jewel, like max 3 or whatever, which would be plenty to do fancy shit with and not enough to do broken shit with.

Anyway will see the patch notes.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just don’t see how any of that actually helps melee. We’ll see if the leech changes. I’ve found with 2h that your sustain is just so bad unless you use a naturally fast hitting skill like perforate.

and the clear will still be shit unless its “melee” like lacerate, tectonic, etc. Even cyclone is meh now it’s so small.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think the stun change is going to be great. As someone who played a 2H stunlock build the last few seasons it either made bosses super trivial if you could chain stun or super difficult if you could not break their stun cap. Easier stunning but with brief immunity means that you can count on it to happen but not just walk through baddies. Stun duration stacking is going to be interesting.

EDIT: I just saw where end game bosses will have 4 fucking second stun immunity instead of 2. That is a lifetime in this game. Fuck GGG and their abhorrence to melee. They should just make it a ranged game with no melee skills.

Last edited:

Leon

<Silver Donator>
time to come back yet?

Trading fixed? =p

I'm looking at the melee change and i really feel like this isn't headed in the right direction

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well I was leaning toward sitting out this league, guess I'll wait for patch notes today but this league seems pretty meh.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think the stun change is going to be great. As someone who played a 2H stunlock build the last few seasons it either made bosses super trivial if you could chain stun or super difficult if you could not break their stun cap. Easier stunning but with brief immunity means that you can count on it to happen but not just walk through baddies. Stun duration stacking is going to be interesting.

EDIT: I just saw where end game bosses will have 4 fucking second stun immunity instead of 2. That is a lifetime in this game. Fuck GGG and their abhorrence to melee. They should just make it a ranged game with no melee skills.

To me this makes sense though, Higher tier bosses for example have more curse effectiveness reduction. Stun is a binary system, so the only way to lessen its effects are to give it immunities. It makes sense that tougher bosses would have better/longer immunities. Stun duration increase will be similar to curse effectiveness increase.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Static Strike
  • Now deals base Damage and has an added Damage effectiveness of 110% at gem level 1 (from 107%), up to 150% at gem level 20 (from 160%).
  • Now has a base duration of 2 seconds (from 4).
  • Now converts 50% of Physical Damage to Lightning Damage (from 60%).
  • No longer causes beams to deal 60% less Damage while Stationary and 40% less Damage while Moving.
  • Beams now deal 40% less Damage at all gem levels.
  • No longer creates a stacking buff, and no longer gains 10% increased Beam frequency per Buff Stack.
  • Beams now hit enemies every 0.4 seconds at gem level 1, down to 0.32 seconds at gem level 20 (from 0.4 seconds at all gem levels).
This seems objectively worse. Was really hoping for something for this skill, it had great potential and was almost there. The annoying part about the soon-to-be-previous-incarnation was beams killing monster that you were trying to hit to keep your buffs up. This new one seems to do nothing for that, maybe even makes it worse with the short duration.