Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I'm also leveling a bit of a homebrew. Blade Blast Spellslinger, Bladefall Poet's Pen Chieftan with Asenath's Gentle Touch. I really love chaining packs.
So, I kept my cospri's and I've been thinking about remaking this build as CI as everyone is doing and scaling area. Here's the thing...he's got great chains, but he's running a level 5 awakened COC which is a waste because he has no CDR. He needs 30% on his gear to get the 52% total to hit hte next lower server tick and take full advantage. At this point, he spent 8ex+ on a gem when he could have nabbed 15% CDR on a piece of gear and invested elsewhere. I'm sure he's not done and I hope he realizes this. Of course, he'd need to bump up to about 10 aps...I forget the exact number. His 7.52 is perfect for what he's doing though.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am having absolutely no issues with VD/Spellslinger single target damage. It's a little slow killing bosses, but the fact you can just facetank it makes it trivial. This is only uhh 2 watchstone drox but other than inpulsas and 2 nice jewels, my gear is dogshit. My cluster only has 1 of the 3 notables I think with decent mid-league gear this is going to be pretty standard fare on the end game stuff, and probably a 4 minute Siris or so.

Boss starts at 2:50

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bladerfall self cast /Kitava's Thirst Bladeblast full fire Chieftan. Big tank and BIG dps. Started a Debeon's Dirge Ice crash Raider and when I got the money rerolled a Hollow Palm Ice Crash Raider. Hollow Palm Raider is pretty fun. I've also learned a lot more of boss fight mechanics since my survability is a combination of taking one big hit every 4 seconds or just dodging everything.

Watching people play bleedquake looks pretty great with Fist of War. Syncs up almost perfectly with certain boss mechanics for the ol' hit and hop combo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bladerfall self cast /Kitava's Thirst Bladeblast full fire Chieftan. Big tank and BIG dps. Started a Debeon's Dirge Ice crash Raider and when I got the money rerolled a Hollow Palm Ice Crash Raider. Hollow Palm Raider is pretty fun. I've also learned a lot more of boss fight mechanics since my survability is a combination of taking one big hit every 4 seconds or just dodging everything.

Watching people play bleedquake looks pretty great with Fist of War. Syncs up almost perfectly with certain boss mechanics for the ol' hit and hop combo.
Wouldn't mind a PoB for the first one. I'm doing Poet's Pen Bladefall and Spellslinger Bladeblast.

Caeden

Bleedquake does look awesome. I’ll probably try that and maybe earthshattter marauder.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I got my Xiba gem and holy shit the defense $$.

However, normally I know it's not worth going for the side nodes, but I think this gem is FANTASTIC for VD/Spellslinger on how it rolls the smalls. I made a fancy layout for it but 1800 Xiba is probably one of the better ones.

Nodes in green I will probably get since the build has 4 "do what you want" points from 96-100 if I managed to hit 100 this league for some weird reason. I'll definately get the 3 next to the keystone.

1594000812814.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wouldn't mind a PoB for the first one. I'm doing Poet's Pen Bladefall and Spellslinger Bladeblast.

Here's the guy I found on PoE Ninja when I thought of doing it. I followed his build 85% of it. His gear is pretty insane given the mechanics of the league and his DPS is like 4x mine right now.

His PoB is under there. The key with black cane and Kitava's feast both is just stack the fuck out of cast speed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I got my Xiba gem and holy shit the defense $$.

However, normally I know it's not worth going for the side nodes, but I think this gem is FANTASTIC for VD/Spellslinger on how it rolls the smalls. I made a fancy layout for it but 1800 Xiba is probably one of the better ones.

Nodes in green I will probably get since the build has 4 "do what you want" points from 96-100 if I managed to hit 100 this league for some weird reason. I'll definately get the 3 next to the keystone.

View attachment 283270
What's your build? I think I fucked my VD/Spellslinger up as I keep dying on T2 Maps and final boss of 3rd Lab.

Caeden

So has anyone found a good guide on searching out seeds you want on trade or pricing seeds? I can’t even seem to figure out how to search by tier.

well, I guess they have unique names....this helped. I must have missed it on reddit.

CD12BF55-F15B-46CD-B6E5-6E30BDFDE5AB.png

BBD19AB0-A115-4018-87DC-1425E5996AFF.png

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Here's the guy I found on PoE Ninja when I thought of doing it. I followed his build 85% of it. His gear is pretty insane given the mechanics of the league and his DPS is like 4x mine right now.

His PoB is under there. The key with black cane and Kitava's feast both is just stack the fuck out of cast speed.
Yeah, I found the guy on poe.ninja after I asked. I went through lower left instead because I wanted instant enduring cry. Which means I need to use a mana flask. This build chugs mana hard.

I'm still finding the clear a bit awkward at 0.33s per cast and even a Asenath's Gentle Touch. I was hoping to avoid using an explodey chest as I wanted Carcass Jack instead.

Why is he not using conc effect on his bladefall?

Can't see shit!

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am having absolutely no issues with VD/Spellslinger single target damage. It's a little slow killing bosses, but the fact you can just facetank it makes it trivial. This is only uhh 2 watchstone drox but other than inpulsas and 2 nice jewels, my gear is dogshit. My cluster only has 1 of the 3 notables I think with decent mid-league gear this is going to be pretty standard fare on the end game stuff, and probably a 4 minute Siris or so.

Boss starts at 2:50

I added a Vaal Righteous Fire to my build to really melt the bosses.

Evernothing

What's your build? I think I fucked my VD/Spellslinger up as I keep dying on T2 Maps and final boss of 3rd Lab.

Here is mine currently @ lvl 81. Lab was no problem. T5 maps at the moment.

Code:
https://pastebin.com/HiQ7NUER

My gear is pretty weak, I'm using Obliteration wand as I cannot afford an Inpulsa's yet. I swap it out for a Chernobog's Pillar for bosses sometimes if I think I need more mitigation.

Shroud of the Lightless is a nice psuedo 6-link with Elemental Penetration for now. Although it's Shade Form skill does not fire.

Less than 1ex spent on the build.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

This is mine. (I'm using the community fork of PoB though)

Code:
https://pastebin.com/HvTrkC78

I had a small hurdle too over lab and around T3-T5 maps. What I did though was commander of darkness -> plaguebringer -> corpsebringer -> mistress of sacrifice. In hindsight, offering makes a HUGE difference defensively (it's unbelieveable, really). So get a wand with trigger skills ASAP, and if I had to re-do it again I would choose Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness -> Plaguebringer -> Corpsebringer. OR, if your resistances are already capped, do Mistress -> Plague -> Corpse -> Commander.

Call to Arms is great too, to ensure you keep enduring cry up at all times. The last defense thing you need is Xiba gem which replaces the Agnostic. This isn't shown on PoB, but it causes your chaos res to cap at 85%, and half of all elemental damage hits chaos. As such, it's akin to having 81/80/80/85 to your resists with my build.

Here's another video of a T16 map clear with +40% additional monster life and -11% max res, to show how easy the clear is. And a second T16 map afterward, with betrayal, and a beefy AF metamorph with life regen, extra life, extra fire damage, and extra cold damage and the map itself is 40% resistance to elemental damage. I fucked up at the end of the boss fight though because I was standing in degen during spawning the metamorph and turned off one of my spellslingers lol, whoops. Recovered though in time.

You can see that I still have a ways to go for single target damage, but that Metamorph was extremely beefy, and you can see when I show my gear near the end, my gear is absolute dogshit. The most expensive piece, by far, is the inpulsas. But even if single target damage is shit, it doesn't matter when you can facetank just about everything.

The second map starts at 4:15 into the video.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Evernothing

I don't have the craft. i just bought a cheap wand with it so I could trigger Bone Offering / Curse / WoC. This allows you to drop the 3rd Spellslinger for a Shield Charge set up, or in my case Vaal Righteous Fire. And it lets you move to the Frenzy / Barrage support activation, which allows generation of Frenzy Charges.

Aladain is right, the defence boost you see once you get Mistress of Sacrifice / Bone Offering is huge.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't have the craft. i just bought a cheap wand with it so I could trigger Bone Offering / Curse / WoC. This allows you to drop the 3rd Spellslinger for a Shield Charge set up, or in my case Vaal Righteous Fire. And it lets you move to the Frenzy / Barrage support activation, which allows generation of Frenzy Charges.

Aladain is right, the defence boost you see once you get Mistress of Sacrifice / Bone Offering is huge.
1 Exalt on PS4! I got 4 Chaos.

Using a 3rd spellslinger could work though, I didn't think of that.

What's the difference between Barrage and Frenzy/Barrage Support? I have the frenzy version and never used the barrage version.

Last question: why is nobody taking the nodes which give extra corpses and corpse health on the skill tree?

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
1 Exalt on PS4! I got 4 Chaos.

Using a 3rd spellslinger could work though, I didn't think of that.

What's the difference between Barrage and Frenzy/Barrage Support? I have the frenzy version and never used the barrage version.

Last question: why is nobody taking the nodes which give extra corpses and corpse health on the skill tree?

Anointing Undertaker is more efficient. Especially with glancing blows. Last season it was popular to anoint something like Deflection.

I actually played this build two seasons in a row. Both times I did life versions with no herald of ash. The tank of the build is great (was my first ever level 100 last season) and the DPS is plenty. I melted Kosis wave 20 no problem face tanking last season.

Here is my variation for this league:
Code:
https://pastebin.com/yMcHUxMC

My friend who is new to POE has been playing and I understand how drasticly different it can be when you don't understand what to prioritize. Here was my list for him...

1) Max resists (and chaos this league is super easy but not priority initially.)
2) As much life as possible.
3) Trigger wand / glancing blows for spell cap. MAKE SURE IT IS 1.5 APS FOR LATER (Imbued)
4) 5% health back on block or Surrender shield.
5) Life leech fire damage on amulet. Either Alva mod or Warlord.
6) Corrupting blood immunity on jewel.

At this point you should have massive regen from tree, huge recovery on hit from block, and leech cap. At this point T16 is easy and I would shift to damage...

I run no inspiration, but 6 link with 3 spellslingers. I have 10 mana after reservations (and I took 70 mana on gear to hit this on purpose). -9 to cost of skills on ring lets you run this. I keep flame dash at 0 cost. Kept 10 mana uncapped this season to enable easier enduring cry which costs me 8 mana. My tree keeps me casting no problem.

1) 6-Link Impulsa (Can do this while you gear defense as well it is huge)
2) 20% CDR on Belt + 15% on boots to hit the 52% cap. THIS IS A HUGE SINGLE TARGET BOOST.
3) Get 30% CDR Spellslinger enchant base helmet and craft it. At this point you can drop 15% on boots. Your goal is 69%. (You get 19% from level 20 Spellslinger)

That is it. I have not even come close to dieing Awakener 8 this season. Face tank cortex no problem. Only thing that is difficult is Atziri because you have to be careful with elemental reflect on shield (I did it last season though for my challenge).

At this point I am done and saving for new build. However, if you want to push it further....

1) Awakened Spell Cascade (Main link and desecrate spellslinger)
2) Awakened Curse On Hit Level 5. At this point you can put elemental weakness in your wand and drop tempest shield. (Tempest shield is actually pretty useless this league because you don't need it to block cap. I just use it to run -block% maps).
3) Awakened Elemental Focus
4) Fire penetration on neck / -% Fire Resist Helmet

Hopefully this isn't information overload and sorry for the roughness. It was mostly notes I had given to my friend.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Barrage checks that it can fire a spellslinger supported spell with each projectile. First projectile fires Desecrate and VD at the same time, but VD won't fire because no corpses. Second projectile will fire VD because Desecrate created corpses on the first projectile. This is much quicker than waiting for the second attack. Most people go Frenzy with Barrage support.

Necros get enough attack speed that it's sometimes worthwhile to stick DD on your VD links too. Might be hard to get reservation for that though.