Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From T1, mostly just slam X or annul X. I'm still trying to 6L my chest but it's a very minor improvement, so I save 5L's until I have a decent pile of fuses and if when I fail I just use the 5L craft to revert it back to a usable state. I get too many annul+slams to keep them all, but for the speed ones I'd make an exception since that seed seems much more rare than the rest (poe.ninja has them at 15c, while all other T1 seeds are essentially worthless).

For higher tiers, crit stuff is worth keeping and there's some other obvious ones. Most of the valuable seeds produce an immediate effect that you wouldn't bother saving, but the top 5 on ninja all have effects that are worth hoarding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just buy them linked! I paid 4ex for 6W 30% ilvl 86 crusader astral already linked. Even with Harvest crafting, there's still enough RNG left in the crafting process to worry about how many fusings it's going to take.

Vorph

I use a Hyrri chest, don't have 5ex to spare for a 6L one compared to other upgrades I need, and anything cheaper would be worse than the one I have because the increased evasion % roll is more important than the 6th link.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For recipes it's pretty much what you think:

Slams = Removes > Remove a non X add an X = Remove X add X. I'd say for Augs it's Crit>>>>Speed/Chaos>Fire/Life/Cold/Caster>Lightning/Defense/Attack/Physical

Reforges are good for Crit>Speed>Chaos for a base to start on (IE Elusive/Tailwind boots).

Early on I'd make sure you do some T2/T3 and get plenty of hortis ready for future saves. I like to keep at least one of every X resist To Y resist option to "fix" gear when I do gear swaps as well as literally every remove and augment I run across. A lot of the players fill up a horti with 3 recipes, remove it, and dump it into a tab where you can then search for the crafts it has on it by keyword. That saves a lot of room in your garden, but I personally would rather save the tab slots at the moment so I just have 40 hortis strewn about and then my dumb ass has to wander around looking for what I want.

Another helpful tip is if you have flowers to plant the lower tier 1's liberally around your T1 farms. They have LARGE radius and just generally help you get more juice/better crafts/more craft options. You can also use them for targeting crafts.

For instance:

I needed a 6 link because my 6 So 4B2W Astral Phys exploder/Curse/Crit chest ate 3k fusings so far and hasn't six linked. So I used the T3 white flower (fortune?) and planted it with several blue farms in range. Then I farmed T1 seeds, didn't plant them, then came back and checked for "linked socket craft" (primal feasting seeds) and then planted about 38 of them around the flower. When they were all ready to harvest I unfortunately didn't get a 6L, but I got something like 7-8 5L's in one go. Using these flowers you can target the Augs/Removes you need with just a little extra effort. If you're high end and you're not low on juice/storage/etc I'd recommend just plowing through your maps (remember seeds need to be 10 lvls within ilvl of the craft item) and then do a plant with tactical flowers when you have enough of the right seeds. Can be VERY helpful when you REALLY need just one recipe like my Elusive/Tailwind boots that rolled life regen/life regen/life regen/16hp/36hp/4hp/68hp. But if you look for seed keywords and match them up with the flowers you can really start crafting hard.

Some other miscellaneous crafts I think are worth saving: Change non X to X color (actually fairly rare), white sockets (I've never even seen it), and a few randomises (1-2) for each you run into. Caster randomize is great for spell crit on chest, all the ele randomise are great for topping your resist rolls, and of course life randomise to get that 99 roll on your belt.

Once you get a stockpile of crafts you can basically take any base you want and with much less luck than previous leagues, make an amazing item. I literally got an unset shaper ring, reforged crit rolls 3x until I got ass mark, removed everything but ass mark, filled the suffix with the resists I needed, slammed T1 life in two tries, slammed life gain on hit for spells, and then finished it off with some flat damage to spells. Took me a whole 10-15 minutes on a 10c item. It's this kind of stuff that's actually reshaping trade towards the low-mid tier gear end right now which is very interesting. I used to sell 3-6 items a week for like 6-10 ex total. Now I sell that many a day at 10-35c because they're always rings that are "fixable". Got an unset ring? Does it have 50+ of a stat? Can you remove all the other stats? Congrats! That's 30c.

It's a wild league.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I use a Hyrri chest, don't have 5ex to spare for a 6L one compared to other upgrades I need, and anything cheaper would be worse than the one I have because the increased evasion % roll is more important than the 6th link.

I'm using a 6L Hyrris on my character, but I'm done with this season so I'll log in and give it to you. what's your character name?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For recipes it's pretty much what you think:

Slams = Removes > Remove a non X add an X = Remove X add X. I'd say for Augs it's Crit>>>>Speed/Chaos>Fire/Life/Cold/Caster>Lightning/Defense/Attack/Physical

Reforges are good for Crit>Speed>Chaos for a base to start on (IE Elusive/Tailwind boots).

Early on I'd make sure you do some T2/T3 and get plenty of hortis ready for future saves. I like to keep at least one of every X resist To Y resist option to "fix" gear when I do gear swaps as well as literally every remove and augment I run across. A lot of the players fill up a horti with 3 recipes, remove it, and dump it into a tab where you can then search for the crafts it has on it by keyword. That saves a lot of room in your garden, but I personally would rather save the tab slots at the moment so I just have 40 hortis strewn about and then my dumb ass has to wander around looking for what I want.

Another helpful tip is if you have flowers to plant the lower tier 1's liberally around your T1 farms. They have LARGE radius and just generally help you get more juice/better crafts/more craft options. You can also use them for targeting crafts.

For instance:

I needed a 6 link because my 6 So 4B2W Astral Phys exploder/Curse/Crit chest ate 3k fusings so far and hasn't six linked. So I used the T3 white flower (fortune?) and planted it with several blue farms in range. Then I farmed T1 seeds, didn't plant them, then came back and checked for "linked socket craft" (primal feasting seeds) and then planted about 38 of them around the flower. When they were all ready to harvest I unfortunately didn't get a 6L, but I got something like 7-8 5L's in one go. Using these flowers you can target the Augs/Removes you need with just a little extra effort. If you're high end and you're not low on juice/storage/etc I'd recommend just plowing through your maps (remember seeds need to be 10 lvls within ilvl of the craft item) and then do a plant with tactical flowers when you have enough of the right seeds. Can be VERY helpful when you REALLY need just one recipe like my Elusive/Tailwind boots that rolled life regen/life regen/life regen/16hp/36hp/4hp/68hp. But if you look for seed keywords and match them up with the flowers you can really start crafting hard.

Some other miscellaneous crafts I think are worth saving: Change non X to X color (actually fairly rare), white sockets (I've never even seen it), and a few randomises (1-2) for each you run into. Caster randomize is great for spell crit on chest, all the ele randomise are great for topping your resist rolls, and of course life randomise to get that 99 roll on your belt.

Once you get a stockpile of crafts you can basically take any base you want and with much less luck than previous leagues, make an amazing item. I literally got an unset shaper ring, reforged crit rolls 3x until I got ass mark, removed everything but ass mark, filled the suffix with the resists I needed, slammed T1 life in two tries, slammed life gain on hit for spells, and then finished it off with some flat damage to spells. Took me a whole 10-15 minutes on a 10c item. It's this kind of stuff that's actually reshaping trade towards the low-mid tier gear end right now which is very interesting. I used to sell 3-6 items a week for like 6-10 ex total. Now I sell that many a day at 10-35c because they're always rings that are "fixable". Got an unset ring? Does it have 50+ of a stat? Can you remove all the other stats? Congrats! That's 30c.

It's a wild league.
Why do you think "remove not X/add x" is the same as "remove X/add X"? I was going to use the latter to craft T1 resists on my explodey chest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I'm using a 6L Hyrris on my character, but I'm done with this season so I'll log in and give it to you. what's your character name?
That would be much appreciated, I'll be back on after dinner (EST) if you'll be around tonight.

Norman_Brownbutter is my character.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why do you think "remove not X/add x" is the same as "remove X/add X"? I was going to use the latter to craft T1 resists on my explodey chest.

They generally have two different purposes and are both fairly common. The remove not X is great for removing otherwise unmovable affixes (mana, stats, stun and block recovery), but the remove x and add x can literally retarget same suffix and reapply it. So for phys explode chest you can spam that on your phys modifiers, but odds are it's just going to remove/add thorns over and over and over again.

For explodey chests you basically just make sure you've either got suffixes filled or filled with the two phys mods, then get thorns (this is what sucks), and slam aug another phys to add explode. If you have a chest with one phys mod and you remove phys add phys over and over it's most likely giving you thorns because of the super low weighting of explode. Your best bet is filling and slamming the guaranteed phys. You're more or less guaranteed to always have thorns with the phys explode modifier and the only way to remove them is 50/50 it with a remove phys or clean the item and annul it which is then again, 50/50.

Now if you're using an awakeners orb it gets MUCH easier. Slam phys's until you've got explode, clean up all non phys, remove the phys as lightning mod and away you go! That's what I did to make the chest that was at the end of my video.

The reason I have them in the same tier is they're both for specialized shit but both very common. It's not unusual to get 2-3 of either of them in a single plot of T1's.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They generally have two different purposes and are both fairly common. The remove not X is great for removing otherwise unmovable affixes (mana, stats, stun and block recovery), but the remove x and add x can literally retarget same suffix and reapply it. So for phys explode chest you can spam that on your phys modifiers, but odds are it's just going to remove/add thorns over and over and over again.

For explodey chests you basically just make sure you've either got suffixes filled or filled with the two phys mods, then get thorns (this is what sucks), and slam aug another phys to add explode. If you have a chest with one phys mod and you remove phys add phys over and over it's most likely giving you thorns because of the super low weighting of explode. Your best bet is filling and slamming the guaranteed phys. You're more or less guaranteed to always have thorns with the phys explode modifier and the only way to remove them is 50/50 it with a remove phys or clean the item and annul it which is then again, 50/50.

Now if you're using an awakeners orb it gets MUCH easier. Slam phys's until you've got explode, clean up all non phys, remove the phys as lightning mod and away you go! That's what I did to make the chest that was at the end of my video.

The reason I have them in the same tier is they're both for specialized shit but both very common. It's not unusual to get 2-3 of either of them in a single plot of T1's.
I was planning on using Contempt essences or Jagged fossils until I get 2 physical prefixes, slam explode, remove lightning, and then 50/50 off the last bad physical prefix. I don't want an explodey chest with melee thorns on it because all the prefixes are quite valuable(explode, life, crafted life% as max es).

I don't know if starting out with Contempts or Jaggeds is cheaper/quicker than slamming phys a bunch of times. I haven't gotten enough of the latter to know how common it is(again, rerolled a bunch of times...).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was planning on using Contempt essences or Jagged fossils until I get 2 physical prefixes, slam explode, remove lightning, and then 50/50 off the last bad physical prefix. I don't want an explodey chest with melee thorns on it because all the prefixes are quite valuable(explode, life, crafted life% as max es).

I don't know if starting out with Contempts or Jaggeds is cheaper/quicker than slamming phys a bunch of times. I haven't gotten enough of the latter to know how common it is(again, rerolled a bunch of times...).

Just blow every "reforge with physical modifiers as more common" until you get the prefix and blockable suffixes. Then you're just an aug phys away.

Argarth

On the verandah
Reading the last few posts in this thread, and you guys could be talking an alien language... o_O

I think the crafting has just become too complex for me to be bothered to get to the bottom of it. Guess that comes from having been away for so long - so much to absorb.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

It's somewhat complex but it's also by far the best crafting the game has ever had. So much so that I think it will be really hard to play the game once Harvest is moved to core but as a half-assed version (assuming it even goes core at all). Fuck going back to a pure gambling system after having complete control over so many aspects of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are little nuggets of fortune to be had if you spend enough time studying the mods and levels they can roll. One of the easiest was just spamming t1 seed phys crafts on crusader chests for explodey mod. I was doing this for weeks and yet somehow the price was still staying close to an ex. No idea what it is now but I just got bored of doin it. Now you can use ‘non critical to critical’ mod on a pair of hunter or redeemer boots that have 30% movespeed, and guarantee tailwind or elusive, and assuming you didn’t remove the movespeed you probably made close to an ex. I was doing this for a while too. Now I’m experimenting with caster mod augmenting on i85 hunter gloves, pretty sure it guarantees the unnerve mod, which with some other decent rolls ends up in the 1ex range too. There’s probably tons of other things too I haven’t found yet. It’s a great system but feels like it would break the game if it was around long enough and everyone kind of learns the best things to do with it

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Crit on hunter boots for tailwind seems to be a guaranteed slam as well. Have T1 chaos, 30 speed boots, just need the Aug now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those you mentioned are definitely a couple of the easy one tappers. If you don't have aug crit (super rare) you can always just spam crit reforges and hope you can clean up a pair.

www.craftofexile.com is your best friend this league.

I used to use poedb religiously, but this is much more helpful currently and they've even color coded to match harvest shit since yesterday. Very helpful when you've got one suffix/prefix open and you're trying to decide what to aug. Some items you can even Conq exalt and depending on the item/influence you can basically reconjigger a single mod over and over to get the one you want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Onto the next venture in possible mediocrity!

1595117669233.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've bene playing pretty casually this league, still not even in red maps. But my god this might be one of the best league for just creating whatever fuck you want. This crafting shit is nuts. I love being able to just role amazing jewels and shit. Even if you aren't into crafting, the market is bonkers right now. The permium for 6L is the lowest its ever been. My buddy can't even get rid of a double corrupted 6L Carcass Jack (granted its curses/aoe but still), and you cna just get ridiculous rares for super cheap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would highly recommend the autobomber build based on Storm Secret. It's a tad squishy but how cheaply you can get a walking simulator setup is quite worth it.

That's ~1 ex total in gear as of yesterday. Likely more earlier in the league. HP total and defenses are respectable but definitely don't try to face tank anything serious, stay mobile.

I have noticed most builds of this type on poe.ninja are using Storm Secret in both ring slots and I can't figure out why. It doubles the downside(damage taken when HoT hits) which is a serious downside in on boss fights while not really improving the output of the build. I've sampled a few of them, ~25% more HoT damage is not nothing, but you're definitely not going to rely on that to kill bosses. Fully pimped out, Storm Brand or Ball Lightning is still at least half of your single target. From a mechanical standpoing, 6 or 8 hits per second makes no difference in clear speed. I suspect your movespeed would still be the limiting factor at even 4 hits per second.

Last edited:

Vorph

If I have a 3 affix jewel (1P+2S), can annul non-life and slam life remove a suffix then add a prefix, or is it safe to do because there are no life-tag suffixes?

Trying to make some more perfect chaos DoT jewels, but people have caught onto the fact that life%/spell dmg/DoT dmg or chaos DoT mult jewels are worth a whole lot more than 5-10c. Still the risk of hitting totem life, but annul&slam isn't exactly hard to find.

Edit: Also, looking for some assistance / sanity-checking for my quiver craft. This is what it currently looks like:
quiver.png

My current plan is:
1. Put a dummy crafted suffix on.
2. Slam speed for T1 movement speed.
3. Life slam and annul/slam until I get a decent tier of max life. Would like to block leech to make it easier, but I don't see any [cheap] way to do block both it and the suffix. If I end up with both max life and leech, I can just remove leech with annul attack or annul physical.
4. Remove crafted suffix, craft ES+evasion.
5. Slam something onto the open suffix. Probably cold res, that's what my current quiver has. I'd love some chaos res, but if I rolled T6 I'd be stuck with it.

Last edited: