Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any other poster, I would ask them to explain their post. But, I'm pretty sure you're taking Bex's tweet about a cat with a monocle seriously. So, instead of inviting you to spew more stupidity onto this thread, please go back to reposting pictures from reddit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Any other poster, I would ask them to explain their post. But, I'm pretty sure you're taking Bex's tweet about a cat with a monocle seriously. So, instead of inviting you to spew more stupidity onto this thread, please go back to reposting pictures from reddit.

when the league is announced and it's about pets, you owe me an apology

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finishing up 36 in the next few days. Fuck whatever idiot thought "Use Winged Scarabs" was balanced. 20 ex for one achievement. Some of the others were not nearly as expensive but still questionable from a "they expected people to do these without trade?".

End of league buildapalooza:
  • Storm Secret HoT autobomber. It's definitely squishy but the map clear is worth it. I was able to do Uber Elder deathless fwiw. Probably won't exist next league.
  • BF/BB + Kitava's Thirst Chieftan had promise, I just couldn't get over the delay and screen clutter from bladefall. I think the build had scaling issues from early to mid game.
  • Fireball + Kitava's Thirst Necro also had promise but I had to drop it because it was tanking my FPS in some situations(like Blight).
  • Another attempt at mines. I thought putting detonate on left click would help, but it instead revealed a different problem. 1 mine is fast but not enough to clear. 5 mines is too slow but enough to clear. Sab might be fast enough, but I was playing Scion for that Indigon and Mana Flask abuse.
  • VD spellslinger necro. IDK how so many people play this build. Those balls are so fucking slow. And I animation cancel my barrage way too often. The latter is the main reason I dropped the build. Reliable gameplay is paramount, which is also an issue with Kitava's Thirst builds.
  • Was going to play int-stacking wander assassin but dropped it. I don't think I can play builds with clear and single target skills anymore. The gameplay of switching between to the two sucks. Flaccidly KBing down an almost dead rare blows.
  • Kay's Spiders and Spectres. Hilarious and fun clear dampened by clunky on-kill spawning of spiders in places you can't get kills(bosses).
  • ED/Contagion. Nothing new to say here, great league starter. Started as chaos spellslinger, dropped soulrend eventually. Would have dropped spellslinger as well if I thought putting up with 1-2 gameplay was worth it.
  • Penance Brand Inquisitor. Mathil made the clear look good but I admittedly never invested enough to get the cluster jewel. Build is frustrating without Holy Conquest.
  • Some wacky OoS Archmage Kitava's Thirst Assassin. Dropped when I figured out triggered spells don't trigger OoS.
Maybe I should track how many builds I try each league. Going forward, I'm pretty sure I'm going to prefer builds that allow you to dps and move at the same time. I just can't seem to not get myself killed trying to dps the boss.

Few more thoughts on Harvest. I have appreciated, when looking for gear, that there's a whole new dimension of "I can fix that". It used to be people that listed T2+ res belts with an open suffix at the same price as belts with a useless 3rd suffix. Harvest lets you buy gear with only 1-2 affixes that you actually want, as long as the remainders can be removed. It's been very handy when looking for a ring to cover 120+ resistances because all my other slots were non-negotiable.

That said, I think what a lot of people are missing in this conversation is what Harvest really represents: it reduces non-killing mystery time. In general, people don't like classic crafting because it's an RNG fiesta. What they really mean is that they don't know how much time and resources they are going sink into it. Trade is another example of something you don't know how long it will take.

The only major system that should have a big question mark is killing shit. You don't know how long until your next exalt drops, but who cares, you're having fun blowing shit up. Trading and crafting have no such distractions. Harvest crafting was definitely overpowered(+3% spell crit, L20 hypothermia, 30% more ele damage helmet I made 30 minutes is proof of that), but I hope GGG learns the real reason most people wanted it.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
when the league is announced and it's about pets, you owe me an apology

The pets thing makes sense. Pets are big in Chinese games. Most P2W Chinese games that I've seen have some sort of pet system that includes pet duels. How far will GGG cater to Tencent?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watching Mathil in the race league just goes to show how powerful crafts were for early league. If it wasn't confusing to set up and if more people had a better understanding of crafting I'm pretty sure league retention would've been much, much higher. Unfortunate. A lot of casual people probably missed out on some fun with whatever builds they liked.

Next league is laser cats. It's already a meme, so of course they're doing it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That Gauntlet shit they're doing looks tight.

Why are you doing 36 achieves in this gay ass league btw

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I normally don’t care for races but this current ones been pretty fun, harvest just lets you make such insane chars in ssf you end up seeing some endgame caliber builds even in a 7day race like this.
Some of these racers should be put on suicide watch. Just saw ziz rip his second time, while at top of ladder, he started to tear up on stream lol

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure I'm never getting an awakener orb again in future leagues, at 17 for ~20 kills in this one.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For anyone not paying attention to the gauntlet race, last night Darkee took out both Uber Atziri and Uber Elder. It was goddamn insane. Uber Elder with these extra mods (especially LMP) is a motherfucker.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For anyone not paying attention to the gauntlet race, last night Darkee took out both Uber Atziri and Uber Elder. It was goddamn insane. Uber Elder with these extra mods (especially LMP) is a motherfucker.

as someone who has only briefly played PoE a few times over the last whenever years, this looks like someone is throwing fruit loops at my screen :D It's probably more meaningful to top-level players but I remmeber wishing there was a way to reduce the screen clutter at the higher levels.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harvest can and will break the game if it goes core in its current form. But goddamn is it amazing for these short races. It would be nice if ggg snapshots the current harvest league just to implement in future ssfhc races as it makes them so much more fun to watch

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just a reminder, Path of Exile: Cataclysm will be announced at 5 PM EST today.

Playing one more build because apparently an autobomber is ill suited for juiced uber lab(constant one shots and trap deaths) and Simulacrum. Playing HoP/Dom Blow Guardian, the build is much better than remember it back when I played it last in 3.9.

Lastly, I'll comment that the guantlet race has been pretty cool despite watching no streams of it. The hype, fanfare, and rips provided for some nice youtube highlights. As someone that has 0 interest in racing, I hope GGG learns something from this. This seems like a very cheap way to boost player retention. If your favorite streamer is still playing PoE a month in because of a race, you might be too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
HEIST LEAGUE:

Sounds like work. Reddit will hate it. I'll probably enjoy it.

Just remember, it'll take 2 weeks to work well. Weather it out, nerds! It'll be worth it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Welp, not a loot-splosion, mindless kill league. RIP D3 transplants.

• 1Faggotry

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Still playing Harvest and will probably play it till the end, being able to fully customize your items won't happen again so may as well enjoy it. Only played 1 character the whole league, life based vd/dd spellslinger and made a gg item for every slot, can kill awakener 8 after his first port but before his first mechanic. I've turned on in game trade chat and started looking at items people try to sell and then I try to make a copy just because.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Void Sphere looks mechanically promising, not sure about the rest. Where's the faggot that said it was a pet league?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone willing to donate or sell life and lightning harvest seeds? I’m working on a second explodey chest. Don’t know why... Boredom I guess.