Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I got an ES chest with power charge on crit, explodey, 10% life as ES, T1 life, 2 T2 res. Yours for one reacharound.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need a life one! I’m actually done crafting it except for getting a good life roll and removing the stupid phys as lightning mod.

Caeden

Also they sure do love them some 1-2 punch skill designs. The steel skills seem interesting but probably suck.

Caeden

Thanks for the donations! I’m pretty much just burning seeds to hit crazy shit now.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I think one of the bigger ease of play things I'll miss is being able to reroll maps for basically free. Getting every favorited map to 90-110 quant without reflect or chains made for pretty good mapping.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
so, essentially the league is part Incursion, part Synthesis, part Betrayal all wrapped into maps 2.0. People will surely enjoy the throwback to not having a maps (I mean contracts) tab. But don't worry, the tab can be bought for 10 bucks in 2023.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I think it could be very fun! Saw some saying mapping as a way to level, but you still gotta do the story. I’m not 100% sold on the initial stealth parts but we’ll see how it plays out. Just seems an odd loop for an arpf

I haven’t fully listened to the Q and A but it sounds this is also going to continue experimenting in “better” dropped items from higher/harder content for rares. Linked drops is an interesting thing too but looked like that was tied to the chest enchant. In other league content I’ve found jewelry, gloves, boots, and belts on the ground that rolled better from say a blight chest that I managed to sell for 1-2ex.

Still doesn’t address the fact that I barely pick up anything that isn’t currency and influence based and maybe jewels after a week in the league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I still pick up ES-based rares. It's barely any extra time to ID them and toss them into the quad stash tab rotation. It takes much more time to vendor jewels that never sell.

Want big guy as a permanent merc. He can kick open doors for me and nothing else and it would still be worth it to keep him alive.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone else hear that there are THIRTEEN fucking NPC's to use and level for Heist? Boy that sounds like fun and totally not a lot of work and randomized bullshit.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Am I the only one super stoked for this? It sounds like a nice break from the usual gotta go fast meta if you need to actually plan your route and exits etc for max rewards.

Melee is so hyper fucked with harvest crafting leaving though. Enjoy your turbo nerfed uniques and no access to free 600dps 2h anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Am I the only one super stoked for this? It sounds like a nice break from the usual gotta go fast meta if you need to actually plan your route and exits etc for max rewards.

Melee is so hyper fucked with harvest crafting leaving though. Enjoy your turbo nerfed uniques and no access to free 600dps 2h anymore.
And I’ve been watching the ziggyD interview and it still sounds like go fast is viable.

they really shouldn’t have nerfed starforge. Fucking thing was only 4-5ex a week into league most times. Nobody is playing 2H.

they need a cannot roll elemental mod craft as a suffix craft by god. 2ex.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Stoked enough to reserve LymanZerga for my next templar build. Someone already got DannyOcean.

• 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Devils gonna be in the details on this one. Any non breach /delirium type league, is real tough to say without seeing it in action. At the very least it is going to be an in-depth /complex fiasco so people looking for a whole buncha new content should be happy

Xevy

Log Wizard
Feels like a successor to Incursion, which was a really good league and probably the first to add "control" to the players targeting stuff (Sac altar, corrupt altar, etc).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sounds more like Syndicate, but without having to do the shit during your maps and opening menus and deciding shit while monsters can still attack you until you figure out how to optimize it.

Honestly looks fine, but not sure how viable the stealth route is going to be with the nature of PoE mechanics(corpse explosions mechanics propagating offscreen, minions, automated damage like herald of lightning or cast on damage takent etc). Minions especially I have no idea how they're supposed to work when trying to be sneaky. Hopefully you can just kinda brute force it. They say killing guards gives less alert level but their balancing on this kind of thing is notoriously innacurate the first couple weeks of a league, might be you can kill near everything or might be you kill everything on a direct path and it's still too much.

Xevy

Log Wizard
From what I saw today, the stealth isn't mandatory as much as it's an option until you're geared. So you use stealth if the alert level is higher due to breaking loot caches etc and you want to make sure you get deep enough before the alarm goes off. So you can sneak by some stuff to ensure that end game grab or you can just wail through everything if your build can handle it.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen anything that says whether or not there are bosses in grand heists, they showed a big clockwork-doggy looking thing, but nowhere in the descriptions of the gameplay do they mention having to fight a boss, having to unlock a boss, or something like that. Will there be bosses as part of the storyline?