Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think VD Spellslinger was popular for being popular. I tried the build myself and those components of the build did not feel like they needed a nerf. Most Spellslinger builds do not scale quite as well into the end game due to mana reservation and occupying a support slot, while being quite good(maybe too much) in the early game. If they do touch Spellslinger, they'll have to compensate its endgame, otherwise it's a dead archetype.

The combination of glancing blows, necro, bone offering, and recovery on block will likely get some adjustment. My guess the recovery on block will be halved by glancing blows, thus making harder for necros to reach block cap.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I wasn't super impressed with VD beyond yellow maps. Granted I played this league for like 3 days but the block shit with necro is def getting nerfed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
VD was over-hyped. Any Necro bone offering build will be tanky, VD was just like the FOTM or flavor of the league. We had a guy in 50ex+ worth of gear low life VD and his damage was fine, but it wasn't god-tier or anything and he died to stuff still because he couldn't see shit. There were a lot more simple builds like glad block cyclone or classic spectres necro that did way more for way less with the same or better suitability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much what was said above. If anything, bone offering, mistress of sacrifice, and glancing blows will be changed (or moved for glancing blows case). And I think chaos resistance will be harder to come by to slot in that timeless jewel.

I had very damn good gear for crit VD using inpulsa. Triple crit jewels, +1 to fire skills on shield and wand at least, etc. I can tell you that my CoC VD on standard dwarfs it in lesser gear; calcs and in game testing this week on both told me that.

if anything, I think spellslinger needs a buff in late game. It’s very meh. Great early on but feels way over-dependent on CDR to feel equivalent to far cheaper builds. I think it needs a smidge more of CDR baked on.

Caeden

Also, I feel it’s hard to get enough attack speed for it outside necro for late game. Need some boosts to wand attack speed somewhere. I guess it’s ok on trickster for a starter? I tried it on assassin and it sucked ass when it hit late yellow and early red using BL. And it was attack speed.

Caeden

Decided to see what i could make blowing through harvest crafts I had left...got bored pretty fast, but I made this in about 5 minutes. Probably should have shot for warlord's mark or crit multi, but I was happy overall. Amazingly ran out of blesseds trying to get 4-15 on implicit.

1599964895321.png

Any other league and I'd be impressed. I may have to log in to standard and remake a slayer over there just to see how fucking ridiculous I can push things.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they just nerf the shit outta glancing blow without fucking with bone offering. Offering is powerful but there’s a decent tradeoff you’re making for it (ascendancy/weapon reqs)

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Got to 100 on VD spellslinger, build can get plenty strong but outside of harvest it won't be possible. My dude is unkillable and i do A8 last phase in ~10s but like others have said, you can get the same or more power with far far less gear using other builds. I could see them nerfing the corpse explosion part of the damage and buffing the balls, that's what let the guy win the gauntlet race using the build. He grabbed the 150k corpse hp spectres from garden and then could go full defense with almost no investment into damage scaling.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If i was going to go after VD spellslinger builds it wouldn't be VD I'd take issue with, its blocking. Blocking is very strong to start with and with instant recovery tied to it all over the place, as well as basically free max block now with glancing blows on the tree, its just too much. Instant recovery has always been an issue outside of the very limited use potions, it shouldn't exist as recovery upon blocking either. Give the 5% recovery an 'over 4 seconds' line, limit it to 1, remove the recovery from Bone Offering, etc. Hit the instant recovery with the nerf hammer and then follow up with a scalpel next league on remaining block problems.

• 1Like

Caliane

this league looks annoyingly complicated again. skipped harvest.. may come back though, as its timing up with interest completion on some of the other games I was checking out..

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

I think it’s tradeable incursion with a dash of WoW mission table counters. Two weeks in you’ll be bumrushing the events would be my guess.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

My wife wants the bow tie and monocle cat MTX. I'm not really sure the point of sharing this is. She won't play PoE, I'm pretty sure I don't want her playing PoE. But it does feel weird for people with no interest in video games to think something is really cute in my "kill shit by the thousands" game.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I usually just play till I'm bored but may grind to 24 for that dumb cat lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I like how in the preview videos there's never 10,000 other things going off like in normal PoE.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I usually just play till I'm bored but may grind to 24 for that dumb cat lol.

Exactly my words as well.

I really hated ED/Contagion last league, the map clear is great but the shit-tier dps struggles so much on bosses.

Unless it gets obliterated by the patch notes I will probably do zombie/skele necro for this league, then maybe reroll to whatever seems OP once i get ~15-20 ex