Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We'll have to see the patch notes, but I'm betting that spellslinger is dead. A 5% mana rez increase is enough to kill it given most said it would have anemic damage (and it did) when they went from 15% to 20% last league. I'm betting that CDR stays the same at max level.

Also, probably RIP my starter of ball lightning mines. Probably do glacial cascade then. HoI is nicer anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuckers nerfed or even double tapped most of my starter ideas.

Spell slinger is dead, no amount of cdr can compensate for such a huge increase to mana reservation.

Caeden

It happened in the announcement phase. They announced at 15% then moved it to 20% right before the league start. Also, I think at 5% more, I'd have to drop Detonate Dead from what I ran and just add another support to VD. With crit, you can make up the dps overall but it won't front load for nice pops. If they increase the CDR at level 20 or 21 to above now...it could be saved. You won't be stacking 3 spells on it though at that res which kills the ED/Cont/Soulrend boys.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It happened in the announcement phase. They announced at 15% then moved it to 20% right before the league start. Also, I think at 5% more, I'd have to drop Detonate Dead from what I ran and just add another support to VD. With crit, you can make up the dps overall but it won't front load for nice pops. If they increase the CDR at level 20 or 21 to above now...it could be saved. You won't be stacking 3 spells on it though at that res which kills the ED/Cont/Soulrend boys.
I've thought about it a bit more now that I'm not just on my phone.

Perhaps not dead, numbers wise, but people sure as shit aren't going to play it like they did previously. 25% more reservation is no more HoA or VD like you said, that's not nothing. For compensation, you would need ~15% more CDR on gem and the attack speed investment to make sure you're hitting the breakpoints correctly.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

argh, is divine flesh even worth it now? +5% max chaos res kind of meh for a timeless jewel keystone. i may still try to get one but will highly depend on what else is in the vicinity on the tree.

both necro and glancing blows nerfed too, but not too too badly. may still be worth

Caeden

argh, is divine flesh even worth it now? +5% max chaos res kind of meh for a timeless jewel keystone. i may still try to get one but will highly depend on what else is in the vicinity on the tree.

both necro and glancing blows nerfed too, but not too too badly. may still be worth
Divine flesh is absolutely worth it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Huge

96yhobq0q7n51.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I've thought about it a bit more now that I'm not just on my phone.

Perhaps not dead, numbers wise, but people sure as shit aren't going to play it like they did previously. 25% more reservation is no more HoA or VD like you said, that's not nothing. For compensation, you would need ~15% more CDR on gem and the attack speed investment to make sure you're hitting the breakpoints correctly.
So, I’d only play it LL in endgame now or maybe try to run a HoA mana res enchant (does that exist) or use a mana res reduction shield for your desecrate. The attack speed has been an issue all along. Only necro has an easy time hitting it with reasonable investment imo.

I still haven’t found any spells besides VD and the blade fall/bladeblast combo I feel work with SS.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Divine Flesh basically went from giving you 80% elemental damage reduction to 77.5%. Plus 80% chaos damage is still sweet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I’d only play it LL in endgame now or maybe try to run a HoA mana res enchant (does that exist) or use a mana res reduction shield for your desecrate. The attack speed has been an issue all along. Only necro has an easy time hitting it with reasonable investment imo.

I still haven’t found any spells besides VD and the blade fall/bladeblast combo I feel work with SS.
ED contagion?

I'm going to try some projectile spell with flame wall.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

My wife wants the bow tie and monocle cat MTX. I'm not really sure the point of sharing this is. She won't play PoE, I'm pretty sure I don't want her playing PoE. But it does feel weird for people with no interest in video games to think something is really cute in my "kill shit by the thousands" game.

This alone is gonna make me 36 this league.

Fuck GGG. Fuck GGG in the asshole.

So what am I starting, boys. Help me out. Just Summoner again or what

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had been eyeing Archmage Ball lightning and cold dot spellslinger for league starters so i need to have a think about spellslinging and see the patchnotes now for the BL nerfs, how much less the aoe is and if they nerfed damage effectiveness or just base damage which doesnt matter for archmage. Looking for other options atm though.

Saw a ghazzy video and he opened my eyes to the fact that minions benefit from all the new area skills so that might be insane, and worth checking out if you can stack all 3 frost sphere, sigil of power and flamewall, and as a minion build you have time to cast these things anyway. I've just never played a real minion build so it's hard for me to intuit how to build any minion build.

For the stretch goal this league i wanna try Assassin bow CoC blazing salvo and fireball.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Had been eyeing Archmage Ball lightning and cold dot spellslinger for league starters so i need to have a think about spellslinging and see the patchnotes now for the BL nerfs, how much less the aoe is and if they nerfed damage effectiveness or just base damage which doesnt matter for archmage. Looking for other options atm though.

Saw a ghazzy video and he opened my eyes to the fact that minions benefit from all the new area skills so that might be insane, and worth checking out if you can stack all 3 frost sphere, sigil of power and flamewall, and as a minion build you have time to cast these things anyway. I've just never played a real minion build so it's hard for me to intuit how to build any minion build.

For the stretch goal this league i wanna try Assassin bow CoC blazing salvo and fireball.
Why put blazing salvo and fireball together?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i obviously haven't tried it out yet so it's up to testing but I imagine fireball will have a different and perhaps more widespread clear and you also have rolling flames jewel for scorched with up to -30% elemental resistances (like a fire pen with extra fireball hehe) while blazing salvo should shotgun bosses like crazy. Thats the hope atleast.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So i obviously haven't tried it out yet so it's up to testing but I imagine fireball will have a different and perhaps more widespread clear and you also have rolling flames jewel for scorched with up to -30% elemental resistances (like a fire pen with extra fireball hehe) while blazing salvo should shotgun bosses like crazy. Thats the hope atleast.
The build I'm looking at trying uses Fireball for clear and single target. You get decent coverage with Dying Sun, Awakened Fork, and Spell Echo, but it's not quite the same as GMP Fireball. You have to aim it more precisely and it's not as wide early in the trajectory.

I'm kinda hoping Blazing Salvo + Awakened Fork is enough for clear and Fireball can be dropped.