Path of Exile

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The OP of the thread is for an old version of a totem build. Vei, one of the posters took over the build and modified and updated it for the past couple of leagues, so here are the pages he put the updated build on:

Part 1 - Templar - [3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly - Forum - Path of Exile
Part 2 - Templar - [3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly - Forum - Path of Exile

Currently my listed damage # in game (and I am not a math guy so not sure how it works itself out) is about 45-63k after summoning them all. I am not sure how that translates with 7 totems and using the rain of splinters gem (30ish % dmg deduction but with 3x the shots) so someone who knows the specifics would have to go into that. I'm sitting at about 6k life so that helps a lot now as I was a bit low before.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Experience from Monsters in Heists
While there's currently no experience penalty on Heist monsters, we agree that in actual gameplay, they don't grant enough experience. We plan to significantly increase the experience that Heist monsters grant, with a focus on monsters encountered during Lockdown.

Lockdown is an endless supply of monsters, right? AFK with a strong minion build to a few levels doesn't seem like a good idea.

Been leveling a Syndicate Operative spectre build. I want to test what people mean when it is claimed that these spectres shotgun. There's three discrete projectile abilities, each supported by GMP. If people are just misusing the term "shotgun" to mean each ability can hit once, their single target is meh. If each ability and each projectile can hit one target, their single target is quite good, maybe 20% better than slave drivers with ideal positioning.

What's a good way to tell how many hits a minions is doing?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
OK, I see that each of those Crit rolls can land as well. So a pretty poor chance to slam that.

The item level is 77. It's a 100% chance to get life% per second recovery. You need a I'll 80 or higher base to even have a chance at the other stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Lockdown is an endless supply of monsters, right? AFK with a strong minion build to a few levels doesn't seem like a good idea.

Been leveling a Syndicate Operative spectre build. I want to test what people mean when it is claimed that these spectres shotgun. There's three discrete projectile abilities, each supported by GMP. If people are just misusing the term "shotgun" to mean each ability can hit once, their single target is meh. If each ability and each projectile can hit one target, their single target is quite good, maybe 20% better than slave drivers with ideal positioning.

What's a good way to tell how many hits a minions is doing?
I've been testing them. I've been swapping GMP out for Slower Proj during fights and checking dps. Can't say conclusively, but they very well be shotgunning. Their proj 100% pierce and the reason they say the AI is aggressive is because they shoot at close mobs, pierce, then hit farther away mobs that put them into combat. So far they're pretty good, but on a 5 link their single target is lacking at T14+ Conqs etc..

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been testing them. I've been swapping GMP out for Slower Proj during fights and checking dps. Can't say conclusively, but they very well be shotgunning. Their proj 100% pierce and the reason they say the AI is aggressive is because they shoot at close mobs, pierce, then hit farther away mobs that put them into combat. So far they're pretty good, but on a 5 link their single target is lacking at T14+ Conqs etc..
What's your links on a 5L? Would you consider a cruddy 6L over a 5L since another support is more dps than another spectre?

With no GMP, you can see that they fire their three discrete abilities like Volley. On a small enough model, GMP might be allowing the side abilities to hit once and once only, which is still a sizeable DPS increase of 72% more over slower proj. Or, each discrete ability could be shotgunning, which is an even larger dps increase of 860% more over slower proj if you assume perfect positioning.

Maybe a human can detect that kind of difference.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm full fire convert and they're in an elder +2 helmet at with lvl 18 Immolate. So it's Spec/Echo/Ele Damage/Minion damage/Immolate. Working on a +2 Immolate/Minion damage Elder helmet.

The reason I think it's shotgunning besides putting in and out GMP/Slower proj mid-fight is if you position them in the right spot DPS seems to increase by a bit. Could be placebo, but if you get the mobs in shotgun range it does indeed feel like they're shotgunning. If you dump them way far back they seem to be doing less dps.

I also fucked with the burning arrow Thugs from Heist, Artless Assassins, and they were interesting. GMP and Spell echo and they clear just fine, but the interesting thing is they can GMP explosive arrow, but it seems to pierce. So if you get a boss by a wall and light it up it literally puts like 30 explosive arrows on the wall that then all detonate for omega damage. I don't have the sockets to fuck with Frost Wall right now to test it further.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just got Doctor card from a small chest in a white lvl 71 Heist. If you're inundated with low tier regular heists, just spam them with a high level character. Probably worth it unless you've got beaucoup maps to grind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Pretty safe to assume the endless spawn of mobs will follow the same rules as Delve. Mobs will likely give xp for a bit before stopping xp gains.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is that how delve works? Always seemed like that xp was better than top tier maps for me

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that how delve works? Always seemed like that xp was better than top tier maps for me

It is at the endless spawn nodes in Delve. Delve is great xp but if you sit afk at an azurite node not killing one of those big blue ball mobs, the spiders, etc, will keep spawning endlessly but stop giving xp pretty quickly.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 ban waves against currency bots / RMT so far.

If the bots are not buying up all the Exalts to RMT, there are more in circulation, which pushes the price down.

Heist was also shitting out currency for the first few days.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any idea why certain items are so jacked in price from last league, asenaths gentle touch 15-20 exalt? They were 7 peak last league. Demoralizing thinking i will never get my optimal build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a lot of sinks. Delirium mod, chaos rolling fractured/synthesis items, and multi-mod is less in fashion for the meta builds right now than the previous 3 or so leagues. Honestly I think it's people spamming chaos on god tier fractures as they're relatively annoying to craft as they count as "blue" even with just one affix.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
here's how ggg stops dropping broken leagues

continue a three month league cycle but have a 6 months dev cycle, every other league can be a legacy league with maybe some tweeks or whatever, something very easy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any idea why exalts are worth so little this league?

And fuck do i miss harvest crafting.

New div cards that pay out exalts are getting printed like candy by the coordinated groups using big fatty delirium maps.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any idea why certain items are so jacked in price from last league, asenaths gentle touch 15-20 exalt? They were 7 peak last league. Demoralizing thinking i will never get my optimal build.

Harvest should be an outlier i'd think beacuse explode chests with T1 life and crit and whatever were super easy to get. In delirium they were around 10ex i think. Alltough looking it up they were around 5 in metamorph so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

New div cards that pay out exalts are getting printed like candy by the coordinated groups using big fatty delirium maps.

I hope they do something so not every league is delirium league. Do you know what map and/or card?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Yeah apparently Primordial Mights go for 260c this league, had one drop earlier.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm reaching lvl 80 and found the heist mechanic completly uninteresting, or I am missing something ? Go in, click on those chests until you reach max alarm, get the objective of the map and go back ? This isn't a heist. Skyrim lockpicking system is more interesting than that.
I wonder if they had other plans but it didn't work out in time and decided to go "map with doors" instead of pushing the release back a few weeks.