Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Story is way more enjoyable for rerolls if I play it organically - no hollow palm nonsense, just play whatever your skill is going to be from the start. Makes fleshing out the build more interesting, as by the time I've hit maps I already have a good feel for it and a general sense weaknesses etc that I need to resolve.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think redoing the story AND gear lock is my problem. I did CI ice nova CoC as my high invested build. Still had plenty of currency left but even then to get a 1% increase in dps was going to be 30-50ex on the market or playing the slot machine. I reached a point where I couldn’t be bothered to redo multiple pieces to find the right balance of attributes, resists and accuracy to continue down. Sure I could have rolled a new build wirh said 40ex I had laying there, but the thought of going through the leveling again on a fourth character made me feel meh. Ended up just giving the exalts and chaos to my buddy who rolled him a BV chieftain and had a blast.

they need to solve gear lock and the story problems.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They should just bring back Maelstrom and let you infinity level until you're ready for maps with second characters. Maybe this Endless Delve league is some sort of tester for that sort of feature. I don't mind re-leveling, but I'd definitely be all for skipping it. I play something like 4-10 characters each launch and the FASTEST I've ever gotten to Maps was maybe 2.5 hours, but usually it's closer to 6hours on the 2nd+ times. That ends up being something like a conservative 100 hours just leveling alts and more likely something like 300+ hours in a year. The only thing that makes it more tolerable is I usually watch streamers or Netflix or something while doing it since I don't play hardcore and need to fully focus.

The more I think about Endless Delve, the more wild it's going to be. Stuff like breach items are possible but SUPER fucking rare, same with elder/shaper influence, but crafting will be the wild west. So Delve is lowkey the BEST source of raw income in terms of alc/regal/chaos, but what a lot of people haven't thought about is that you won't be using that stuff on maps anymore. You're literally going to hit ilvl84+ stuff and just start fucking alch and chaos spamming the shit out of everything. It's going to be great. Those piles of alchs and scours for bad maps are just going to go to your weapon or influenced helmet or whatever. And if you get a good character running and just go sideways at a decent depth the amount of currency you can net quickly will be absolutely absurd. I can't wait.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
releveling through story should be an option, there should be an alternate path. I have never heard any reasonable reason why you need to go through the story every single character. Require it once per league and move on. It wont screw over twink items, those would still be useful going through alternative progression.

There are a million ways they could implement this, including giving you the option to play the story again if you want. I am so fucking tired of the story of poe at this point I really feel like its starting to damper on the game itself. All I want to do is map. I don't wnat to worry about links and sockets for gear I'm not going to keep in the next 2 hours. I think that's why all the gear in endless delve is white sockets for that reason - they know full well people are tired of that shit, and also why everything will be 6 linked in poe2.

The whole idea of linking and socket colors was a great idea in 2012 when the game was new, but now serves little purpose. I love poe when I get to grind it out. I am at my happiest when map is at 8 awakening, and I'm just hammering away at the same T16 map for days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My guess is that "D2 did it" is the only reason.

Sockets have worn on me too. Pretty much I think 6S or 6L gems, whatever they're calling it, should just be drops in say t15 maps on. Its fucking pointless. Nobody runs around without a 6L now. Chromes suck too, but I mind them less. And with all their other crafting bloat in the game....just be done with that.

Or, here's a novel idea, actually drop good shit besides ultra rare uniques or some basetype that CrafterDongXYZ is gonna just scour when I sell it or Loot 2.0 from the league event (and based on shit I saw this league it was more like loot 1.5).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Playing SSF mayhem currently and boy is getting a 5l/6l a problem heh. I'm gonna hit 90 before I even hit a 5l at my current rate.

Even with the mayhem nonsense allowing me to farm skin of the lords I can't actually get one with usable colors.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing SSF mayhem currently and boy is getting a 5l/6l a problem heh. I'm gonna hit 90 before I even hit a 5l at my current rate.

Even with the mayhem nonsense allowing me to farm skin of the lords I can't actually get one with usable colors.

I've been having the same trouble on HC mayhem. I managed to get a 5L after throwing hundreds of fuses but I'm at 1941 now with no 6L. HC Mayhem isn't very populated so it feels at times I might as well be playing SSF. The economy is interesting though. Chaos and exalt are of barely any use and gone to a void league in a few days so they arn't worth anything. I have a hard time buying fuse at 2:1c.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
My guess is that "D2 did it" is the only reason.

Sockets have worn on me too. Pretty much I think 6S or 6L gems, whatever they're calling it, should just be drops in say t15 maps on. Its fucking pointless. Nobody runs around without a 6L now. Chromes suck too, but I mind them less. And with all their other crafting bloat in the game....just be done with that.

Or, here's a novel idea, actually drop good shit besides ultra rare uniques or some basetype that CrafterDongXYZ is gonna just scour when I sell it or Loot 2.0 from the league event (and based on shit I saw this league it was more like loot 1.5).

It's full of a bunch of bullshit too. Like right now there should be an option to "Use X fusings to attempt to 6 link" and hit go. Or "Use X chromes to attempt to make sockets RRBGGG" or whatever. Instead we get this convoluted gameplay in 2020 where you have to click click click giving you more carpel tunnel than a bard got in old school everquest. I'm happy they are starting to realize how fucking ridiculous this shit is with things like tab affinities, but honestly that system is really cheap. It's nice, because its what we got, but being able to have a tab filter similar to a loot filter would have been a much more elegant, long term, and expandable solution.

It sucks, because I love this game so much, but their constant mingling between game difficulty vs. interface tedium is probably the worst out of any game company in the modern era. Funny enough, though, trading is probably the only stance GGG takes that actually makes sense (their justification for it).

There are so many things they can do in this game, and they don't because they have this stupid illusion that if they make the inconviences too easy, people will quit playing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Tidal Island, Mud Flats, or Fetid Pool and Rogue Exiles is present. Invasion works too, but not as good. Should get you a tabula in about an hour.

Are you actually doing Breaches to get a skin?
vomit1.png

Another alternative is run vaal side areas directly from your map device. You should get a 6L in about an hour. Base might not be useable though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tidal Island, Mud Flats, or Fetid Pool and Rogue Exiles is present. Invasion works too, but not as good. Should get you a tabula in about an hour.

vomit1.png

Another alternative is run vaal side areas directly from your map device. You should get a 6L in about an hour. Base might not be useable though.
Tidal Island didn't spawn exiles day one even with the modifier. Not sure if they fixed it or not. Fetid Pools was said to be the best bet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

vomit1.png

Breaches aren't so bad, I've gotten 2 sets of whatever the card is that makes skins and i'm not like clearing all 20 per map or anything. I started out doing them to get a couple xoph stones and see if I get lucky on a surrender, but that hasn't worked out at all heh.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't ever want to go back to playing a non-mayhem event PoE. The rush and exhileration of being a level 3, running into the fetid bog (or whatever the first "Kill all in the zone" quest area is called) and having 5 unique monsters ready to try and obliterate me, with nothing but a fireball to throw back. Juke 2, run into 3 more, shits just awesome and great fun.

Next season its going to be auto pilot again and blah :(

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They should make a league based around mayhem with a special league mechanic thrown in that ties them all together.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They aren't going to do that. There's a reason the last two Mayhem events have followed stinker leagues. As k^M, Mayhem sabotages the enthusiasm for the next league. I can't imagine an actual main league featuring Mayhem would do.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I get the why behind not doing it, but some of my fondest memories were modding D2 / Titan Quest and spawning 40x (or whatever the cap was at the time) mobs. I want to feel like I'm just chewing through the gates of hell itself and taking everything with me.

Mayhem makes it feel that way and its glorious

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did 6 xoph breaches and no surrender. Seems I have significantly underestimated how rare that thing actually is heh.

Playing bleed gladiator in SSF has been surprisingly smooth though. My shitty axe is only like ~250 pdps and I've got no problems clearing any of the content I can get to just yet, even conquerors.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did 6 xoph breaches and no surrender. Seems I have significantly underestimated how rare that thing actually is heh.

Playing bleed gladiator in SSF has been surprisingly smooth though. My shitty axe is only like ~250 pdps and I've got no problems clearing any of the content I can get to just yet, even conquerors.
Well, it drops from Uul-Netol breaches so I'd start there.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I just brain farted on the name heh, still never did get one after 9 total breaches. Ultimately it didn't really matter and the time I spent farming breaches was mostly wasted tbh.

Even with the mayhem insanity SSF still has the same problem I've always had where I just don't have the time, or am not willing to put in the time, to actually play it. I'm just barely gonna make it to level 90 with 2 deaths on this character because the XP has just dried up entirely. Atlas progress is cockblocking me hard trying to get in to red maps, still only at 4/6 lab trials, 6-link nowhere in sight, etc. I'll probably grind out 90 just cause on tier like 6-7 maps, but man is it a slog with this monster level.

I do like the idea of SSF though. The freedom to just spend all my currency as I get it is kind of nice, and rares are still pretty interesting to roll/ID rather than just shopping for what I need immediately. If they ever actually do something about lab trials and make it somehow more deterministic I might actually consider playing it for a real league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh I found like 4 total, just none of them with usable socket colors cause they were all corrupt heh. I could farm a tabula without much trouble if I really wanted to, but I haven't quite needed the damage yet. I suspect if I ever got over the atlas hump in to red maps I would, but there's not enough time left for any of that now anyway.