Path of Exile

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope this league gives me a chance to appreciate the game one last time (or it isn't the last league before PoE 2 ?)
Heist league was really boring (hello 6 sec to open a door, who thought it would be a good idea ?) and I ended up not doing it at all then quitted at lvl 80. I'm a filthy casual.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I hope this league gives me a chance to appreciate the game one last time (or it isn't the last league before PoE 2 ?)
It is not the last league before PoE2, never was. Whatever they had in mind for a launch date when they held exilecon is probably off the table too. Right now, I would assume they hold and refine to torpedo D4, as they originally planned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Burning arrow, xoph bow, asenaths mark and firewall/burning support in it.

I wanna do black flame ring with that, stick despair w/ impeding doom in that helm as a separate 2 link too.

Won't be optimal but I've done enough meta try harding.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Laughs in Elementalist ignite
(or you know: cold to fire, inquis, or just free damage for anyone not cold spec)

1610721308067.png

• 1Mother of God

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Burning arrow, xoph bow, asenaths mark and firewall/burning support in it.

I wanna do black flame ring with that, stick despair w/ impeding doom in that helm as a separate 2 link too.

Won't be optimal but I've done enough meta try harding.

Did a BA chieftain in Heist, first time I played BA and was surprised at how good it felt. Just needed some cluster jewels to get the most out of it but felt solid.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did a BA chieftain in Heist, first time I played BA and was surprised at how good it felt. Just needed some cluster jewels to get the most out of it but felt solid.

Off screen killing is its own defense. Add proliferation to that for even more cheesing goodness.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can overgear a bow char to face roll the game like nothing else. Witnessed it in HC Poorjoy runs.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I think I've settled on Bleed Bow Glad......but Pohx has been brewing up a RF Inquisitor that looks so, so tempting.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Attack speed was pretty low yeah. But I mean one click would kill a pack so just a click > dash > click gameplay.
No doubt. The build was otherwise powerful, great dps and sustain. My rule of thumb is that my main dps skill should have an activation(cast, attack, whatever) time of at most a third of a second.

My recollection is that build felt somewhat like playing in slow motion.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There has to be a trade off tho. The off screen clearing stuff is crazy. I think projectile speed/pierce is key too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There has to be a trade off tho. The off screen clearing stuff is crazy. I think projectile speed/pierce is key too.
In general, I agree with you. However, there is no shortage of fast screen clearing builds that don't suffer from a slow dps skill.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
No doubt. The build was otherwise powerful, great dps and sustain. My rule of thumb is that my main dps skill should have an activation(cast, attack, whatever) time of at most a third of a second.

My recollection is that build felt somewhat like playing in slow motion.

Yeah I agree. There were times were I wish I could have reacted faster but general chieftain tankiness made up for it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Quick question: is there a nice midgame to T16 viable (can be costy) TOTEM build, that is not Siege Ballista and does not depend on Soul Mantle-two ring-to avoid-cursing-yourself-mechanic? And no Arc totem, please. Again: does not need to be cheap, I can stomach grinding EXs etc.

I saw Mathil's Divine Ire totem build, that looked super entertaining but looked very difficult to gear (+1 minimum frenzy charges on rings and amulett, crazy wand with gain phys as lightning and whatnot).
I think I’ve seen FP totems and BL totems used by path of matth. Seemed odd. I really enjoyed mathil’s dark pact totems and it just needs a 6L and astral projector which could be somewhat pricey.

I’ve done divine iré too and it feels really bad without a lot of cast speed.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've had zero time to look at builds--I finally got my ex-wife out of my place, again. I'm leaning towards cold slinger to rush to red maps. Just seems faster/better than bf/bb for mapping. Or am I missing something?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've had zero time to look at builds--I finally got my ex-wife out of my place, again. I'm leaning towards cold slinger to rush to red maps. Just seems faster/better than bf/bb for mapping. Or am I missing something?
You are not, especially since Assassin got a bunch of move speed removed.

• 1Like