Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think I’ve seen FP totems and BL totems used by path of matth. Seemed odd. I really enjoyed mathil’s dark pact totems and it just needs a 6L and astral projector which could be somewhat pricey.

I’ve done divine iré too and it feels really bad without a lot of cast speed.

Astral Projectors been very expensive last couple of leagues. I've also done Divine Ire totems, you're right, they were awful and clunky.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Astral Projectors been very expensive last couple of leagues. I've also done Divine Ire totems, you're right, they were awful and clunky.
Amazing at bossing though. Like having 5 Death Star beams hitting the boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Amazing at bossing though. Like having 5 Death Star beams hitting the boss.

OK bossing, but the whole point of totems is you place them and boom everything on the screen, move, repeat. They don't do that very well at all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Haven't seen a streamer recommending Hexblast Ignite Anything yet. So, that either means I'm a genius or an idiot.

Any build that at least aims for some kind of coherency can have enough money thrown at it to kill red elder, shaper, etc

I've proved it to myself many times now. You might not get the cheese or face roll factor but you will be happier and more immersed.

Hell, I got 2nd lvl 100 assassin in Harbinger with a lacerate build while I was employed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any build that at least aims for some kind of coherency can have enough money thrown at it to kill red elder, shaper, etc

I've proved it to myself many times now. You might not get the cheese or face roll factor but you will be happier and more immersed.

Hell, I got 2nd lvl 100 assassin in Harbinger with a lacerate build while I was employed.
Oh, I meant a competent league starter. Not a "throw money at it until it works" build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gonna go elementalist ignite something or other I think.

Maybe scorching ray? Maybe arma brand? Fireball as backup when nothing else does any real damage?

Maybe even fit in archmage using the always ignite node? Who knows!

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'm torn between AM Scion type build, Blade Blast Assassin, Cold Dot occ or Ice Crash Jugg. The first two being more dmg, the second two being more tanky (for the multi boss shit).

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I am doing a GC miner, but I have seen I think it was pathofmath (whoever he is) do a totem build of GC which looked pretty good. There is also my old Ele Hit totem which is switching to use Raider now instead of hierophant for the life leach from totem I think it was (dont hold me to that)

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Haven't seen a streamer recommending Hexblast Ignite Anything yet. So, that either means I'm a genius or an idiot.
I think Mathil talked about it a bit in his Heist Build Recap vid. He said it was really good and he used it in one of the December event leagues, iirc.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
He said it was good but burned out in the endgame, Having said that, they just buffed its damage and with the change to occultist to more chaos instead of chaos dot multi, it should playout better?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He was playing HCSSF, I wouldn't play an ignite build in SSF. Ignite needs some good cluster jewels to scale into the endgame. Harvest might get you those, but who knows the availability of the crafts you need?

Chaos damage scalars do nothing for ignite.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What does the new inquisitor bring to RF?

He was talking about how one of the new nodes applies your regen to ES at full rate but you can also split the damage done by RF between your life and ES while still regening at full rate on both. I don't remember the node or combo that does this, but he was saying that if the mechanic didn't work as they were saying that the whole build would be trashed.