Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ignite?

If you get itemLVL 50-67 fire dot medium clusters you can get Burning bright and Blowback (20 inc/8fire dot/aoe and 15% faster) in like 16 scorched fossils average (according to craft of exile) and it was really easy when i did it.
Getting a 3 notable large where its all good is hard though. I just settled on a 2 notable one where the pathing got me burning bright.

I'm with you that the price to damage ratio is crap after a while though and i'm rolling a new build too.

Yea running ignite arma brand elementalist. Even with a full cluster setup my ignite DPS only makes it to like ~850k shaper, and that's counting on lightning golem procing EE for me via malachais ring, so it really just doesn't feel worth the investment to get to mediocre boss DPS. Rather just try out something else that has a more realistic shot of clearing A8/maven etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Archmage Hexblast Ignite!

1.7M shaper dps and the room for improvement is quite large. Notice that it's using blasphemy, which really cuts into the benefit from Archmage. I hate 1-2 combo abilities. If get your hands on a Chaos Impresence, the dps comes close to doubling. And this is with NO cluster jewels. The most expensive thing in that build is a 5L cloak of defiance.

I need to clean up the ability socketing placement, but you should be able to grok it if you're interested.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
finally settled on my next two builds. I don’t obsess with clear really, so I’m going to do a mjolnir CoC BL inquis as LL. I did CI assassin CoC BL in delirium and loved it. Key stat is getting ES on hit. Might be a bit pricey.

next I’m doing an archmage BV build I think. Scion probably.
Got a link for archmage BV? What's the benefit over Indigon Cold BV(similar mana costs after stacking)?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have a pob at home. Here’s a quick vid.
I think the big thing is higher damage ceiling.
Single target looks about 50% better on that build. Cold BV will be tankier and sustain much better. I noticed refreshing his BV really chunked his mana pool and it did not rebound nearly instantly like a flaskfinder would.

There's also less synergy between improving chains while clearing and single target damage. Getting more mana does nothing for Impulsa pops outside of the bit from Transfiguration of Mind. There did seem to be some stragglers in that video.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Single target looks about 50% better on that build. Cold BV will be tankier and sustain much better. I noticed refreshing his BV really chunked his mana pool and it did not rebound nearly instantly like a flaskfinder would.

There's also less synergy between improving chains while clearing and single target damage. Getting more mana does nothing for Impulsa pops outside of the bit from Transfiguration of Mind. There did seem to be some stragglers in that video.
Yep. I mainly picked it vs cold for the ST damage given the Maven. There’s other ways to help with the mana though. I think the pob I have is better than that. Stragglers are definitely the major downside.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea running ignite arma brand elementalist. Even with a full cluster setup my ignite DPS only makes it to like ~850k shaper, and that's counting on lightning golem procing EE for me via malachais ring, so it really just doesn't feel worth the investment to get to mediocre boss DPS. Rather just try out something else that has a more realistic shot of clearing A8/maven etc.
Here's my half finished version and i got 1 mil shaper (+400k flamewall) and i don't use malachais/EE. Did A8 easily dmg wise, didn't feel bad at all honestly, because the uptime is 100%. Not much evasion or recovery though so need to stay mobile to avoid shotguns and constant damage.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
finally settled on my next two builds. I don’t obsess with clear really, so I’m going to do a mjolnir CoC BL inquis as LL. I did CI assassin CoC BL in delirium and loved it. Key stat is getting ES on hit. Might be a bit pricey.

next I’m doing an archmage BV build I think. Scion probably.
I'm doing a mjolnir inquisitor build as well, except I'm approaching it a bit differently.

I basically took a glacial hammer build from AngryRoleplayer (iirc) and adapted it to work with mjolnir + shield and the spell is Crackling Lance. You leap slam into packs (shield charge would likely work as well) and glacial hammer takes care of the close ones while crack lance takes out the far ones. I just got mjolnir working yesterday (I don't have the hours to put in, and I'm always slow), and it's pretty fucking fun so far but then again I'm only at act 9. Crack lance has that 'Thor' aspect that I was looking for over Arc or Ball Lightning and it's clearing well so far. The visuals on arc are just too subtle IMO, though ball lightning might be better for clear, I don't feel like spending the chromatics on the hammer to change it over to B-G-G from the current B-B-B just to test it out. Sadly, ancestral call doesn't trigger mjolnir. I was hoping to have like 3 instances of lightning all over the screen, but it was not to be. That said, it doesn't really matter since the 1 lightning bolt is doing the job... so far.

I'm also going with Trinity support. The trick with that is to kind of balance the damage between fire and cold, and then jack up the lightning damage high as fuck in comparison. This works due to the much higher variance in lightning damage compared to the other 2. As long as the median damages are close to each other/overlap, Trinity will be fully juiced all the time and it's strong as fuck.

The damage I have so far on POB for glacial hammer is in the millions, while crack lance is up around 90-100k per hit when everything's active. I haven't tested out intensity on crack lance though. Triggering it doesn't build intensity, but I need to test if I self cast it from another gem, does the triggered version use that intensity... I think it might from the wording, but who knows. I think it will be ok for single target, and if it isn't swapping in a Doryani's Catalyst ups the GH damage by like 75%, lol.

It's certainly tricky to build though. Lining up resists, then fire, cold and lightning damage along with defenses and trying to get both spell and melee damage is a real balancing act. But it's fun and I'll likely never get to super endgame, so who cares!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Molten Strike + Hydrosphere? Or has Molten Strike been nerfed too many times for even having a second "enemy" bring it back to the days before ground targeting was nerfed?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seen some people doing that with frost blades + hydro sphere to basically just turn it in to elemental hit.

Not sure if molten strike functions even as well as frost blades these days though heh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not following you, how does that turn it into elemental hit?

A lot of the strike skills seem like they would benefit from Hydro Sphere + Tribal Fury. My understanding is that you can't use Multistrike though because Hydrosphere is not an enemy. So, Multistrike will target the boss and then Tribal Fury won't hit Hydro.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You just hit the sphere with frost blades and it essential becomes a ranged skill, removing any need to be anywhere near enemies:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the actual mechanics of elemental hit.

I think Molten Strike would have more potential for abuse than frost blades.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1611407257495.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ronne ronne

Poke some holes in this. This is dirt cheap(nothing over 10c) 3.9M Shaper dps. It's been a while since I played Molten Strike, but I think the rule of thumb is that half the projectiles hit the target? So, with Hydrosphere, it's roughly 8.5 * 1 meatball dps = overall dps.

Concerns:

Repositioning the Hydrosphere everytime the boss moves. I would like to make it instant cast, but I don't think that's possible.
EE uptime. You're almost at 10 APS, so even base crit chance should keep this up, but...
Grelwood Shanks require getting hit to give you extra proj. I don't know how to ensure that.
Not sold on Berserker. Since you can't use Multistrike with Hydrosphere, I thought going fast would be a requirement. I was also considering Slayer and Raider, but their dps numbers worked out to much lower.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a question on gear. I have seen some pretty sick items that people are wearing and I just have no idea how. There are some items that look tailor made for them, but even with harvest going core, I have only seen the garden like 3 times with only a couple decent crafts. Are people just crafting gods and know poe so well they are making their own stuff this early, or am I missing something? Thought I was doing ok, but geez heh

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have a question on gear. I have seen some pretty sick items that people are wearing and I just have no idea how. There are some items that look tailor made for them, but even with harvest going core, I have only seen the garden like 3 times with only a couple decent crafts. Are people just crafting gods and know poe so well they are making their own stuff this early, or am I missing something? Thought I was doing ok, but geez heh

I bought a sick as fuck explodey chest for 26ex that had 4 influence mods, and 6 white sockets with harvest implicit. I have no fucking clue how these people do it either. Hell I dont even know how you get 6 white sockets on an item.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
ronne ronne

Poke some holes in this. This is dirt cheap(nothing over 10c) 3.9M Shaper dps. It's been a while since I played Molten Strike, but I think the rule of thumb is that half the projectiles hit the target? So, with Hydrosphere, it's roughly 8.5 * 1 meatball dps = overall dps.

Concerns:

Repositioning the Hydrosphere everytime the boss moves. I would like to make it instant cast, but I don't think that's possible.
EE uptime. You're almost at 10 APS, so even base crit chance should keep this up, but...
Grelwood Shanks require getting hit to give you extra proj. I don't know how to ensure that.
Not sold on Berserker. Since you can't use Multistrike with Hydrosphere, I thought going fast would be a requirement. I was also considering Slayer and Raider, but their dps numbers worked out to much lower.

Tribal fury doesn't do anything for MS damage anymore - it divides total extra proj amongst all targets hit now. It probably helps for clear a bit still?

I don't think you can count on the old calculators for single target anymore for the extra balls given the way they spread out now no? With it not doubling proj on extra targets anymore you won't be getting many hits against a boss even if you are slapping the ice sphere with it to try and emulate the old ancestral call mechanics cause the balls go in literally every direction from you and have minimum travel distances and stuff now as they bounce.

EE should be full uptime with that many attacks.

Grelwood is I think just bad now with with the way it splits proj and you might just want an Oni or some other big 2h? The only MS builds I've ever seen actually just scale the base hit for single target and the balls are just gravy for map clear since they are so unreliable for single target now heh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tribal fury doesn't do anything for MS damage anymore - it divides total extra proj amongst all targets hit now. It probably helps for clear a bit still?

I don't think you can count on the old calculators for single target anymore for the extra balls given the way they spread out now no? With it not doubling proj on extra targets anymore you won't be getting many hits against a boss even if you are slapping the ice sphere with it to try and emulate the old ancestral call mechanics cause the balls go in literally every direction from you and have minimum travel distances and stuff now as they bounce.

EE should be full uptime with that many attacks.

Grelwood is I think just bad now with with the way it splits proj and you might just want an Oni or some other big 2h? The only MS builds I've ever seen actually just scale the base hit for single target and the balls are just gravy for map clear since they are so unreliable for single target now heh.
You hit the Hydrosphere, Tribal Fury hits the boss. So the boss is getting at least some extra proj than without Hydrosphere.

You might be right on spread. The skill description is misleading because it says "This attack causes balls of molten magma to launch forth from the enemies you hit, divided amongst all enemies hit by the strike." But if you're hitting something single target and the balls can bounce farther away than the target...what's the point of specifying being hit?

EDIT: Looking into this a bit more. PoB has radii for minimum and maximum distance the balls can travel. If you slap a slower proj on my build, the min distance is 1(meaningless since the default is 2) and maximum is 17. The balls themselves explode for 7. So on a human size target(2), anywhere 1 - 9 is a hit, and 10-17 is a miss. That's actually just a bit more than 50%.

I have no idea how Hydrosphere plays into it though. Does it have to be placed far enough away so your swing doesn't hit the boss? Then the balls from Hydrosphere probably have less than 50% chance to hit.

And no idea if the clear with slower proj sucks. I hate gem swapping builds. Is there any good reason Intensify support only works for spells? Molten Strike gets a decent amount of strike range, might compensate along with zany APS to make the clear good enough.

Last edited: