Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like one of the best things GGG has done yet. Harvest not going core is the reason I stopped playing after the league ended.

Yeah it's actually a good mechanic now. Soon as I hit maps I got two harvest encounters pop up and managed to craft some upgrades right away.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like one of the best things GGG has done yet. Harvest not going core is the reason I stopped playing after the league ended.

Not if you are from the crowd looking for a challenge rather than just fly around like Superman.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I wonder when people are going to stop conflating RNG time-sinks with challenges.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoB is the challenge of this game. Gameplay is too fast and one-shotty to provide fulfilling dynamic gameplay. Learning boss fights is the exception to this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really haven’t needed harvest to make op builds for a while now, granted harvest can speed it up but if you want to just smash the game there’s tons of builds/guides that show you budget builds that make most fights a joke.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
What the hell have they done to this game that makes it run so poorly now? Before this league, my comp could handle POE ok, it would slow down when there's tons of shit on screen, but it was passable the vast majority of the time. Now, everything's just fucked. Textures don't load right, porting into town takes upwards of 30secs to load in textures and shit where it used to be instant, and the game just randomly crashes like crazy where that used to almost never happen. It was all fun and games until it crashed when I was trying to do Izaro final stage 3 times in a row... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's totally asinine.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
What the hell have they done to this game that makes it run so poorly now? Before this league, my comp could handle POE ok, it would slow down when there's tons of shit on screen, but it was passable the vast majority of the time. Now, everything's just fucked. Textures don't load right, porting into town takes upwards of 30secs to load in textures and shit where it used to be instant, and the game just randomly crashes like crazy where that used to almost never happen. It was all fun and games until it crashed when I was trying to do Izaro final stage 3 times in a row... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's totally asinine.
I crash every 30-60 minutes. If I alt tab out of fullscreen for like 10 minutes I will crash when I go back to the game. Same thing with the textures not loading even on super low. I reinstalled the game for the league but If im having these problems it aint good

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They implemented texture streaming so they could capture that sweet PS2 market. I haven't noticed it on my computer yet(but it's also possible I just haven't run out of memory during any of my play sessions), but it appears that this change has resulted in a fair amount of people getting nasty memory leaks. Remember to dealloc, people!

It also seems that the texture streaming was implemented in a way that improved performance for no one, made over performance shittier for most, and caused jarring texture focusing artifacts upon zone in. I've definitely been getting the last two.

That plus protracted trade issues has made hold off on buying a supporter pack for an otherwise excellent league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
They implemented texture streaming so they could capture that sweet PS2 market. I haven't noticed it on my computer yet(but it's also possible I just haven't run out of memory during any of my play sessions), but it appears that this change has resulted in a fair amount of people getting nasty memory leaks. Remember to dealloc, people!

It also seems that the texture streaming was implemented in a way that improved performance for no one, made over performance shittier for most, and caused jarring texture focusing artifacts upon zone in. I've definitely been getting the last two.

That plus protracted trade issues has made hold off on buying a supporter pack for an otherwise excellent league.
I completely forgot about the total cluster fuck of console PoE. Idiots

Nm, forgot about Tencent. They done fucked.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm on a 3090 and 5800x build and game still drops below 60fps during rituals and other areas. Performance is a complete joke and is probably worse than it's ever been.

Arma brand char is at the point now where I could come close to like doubling my DPS by buying a large/2xmedium cluster jewel setup, but the price on them is so nuts I'm not sure it's worth doing. Going from ~450k shaper dps to ~800-900k doesn't really seem worth it, as the build is never going to be capable of maven no matter how much money I throw at I don't think.

The real question is tho what to roll next.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm on a 3090 and 5800x build and game still drops below 60fps during rituals and other areas. Performance is a complete joke and is probably worse than it's ever been.

Arma brand char is at the point now where I could come close to like doubling my DPS by buying a large/2xmedium cluster jewel setup, but the price on them is so nuts I'm not sure it's worth doing. Going from ~450k shaper dps to ~800-900k doesn't really seem worth it, as the build is never going to be capable of maven no matter how much money I throw at I don't think.

Melee Crimson Dance Deadeye.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Melee Crimson Dance Deadeye.

Heh I was messing with deadeye in POB some after they added rupture support, but couldn't quite get it where I wanted it to be.

Think I wanna try inquis with the new battlemage nonsense? Life regen applying to ES sounds nuts with a vaal timeless jewel for that corrupted soul node, could easily get to like 6k life/5k ES and ~2500 combined regen. With battlemage adding a ton of flat spell damage I think maybe cremation or or blade blast? Not really sure.

You could probably even maintain righteous fire if you wanted to without too much trouble. How good is BV with regards to flat damage?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Heh I was messing with deadeye in POB some after they added rupture support, but couldn't quite get it where I wanted it to be.

Think I wanna try inquis with the new battlemage nonsense? Life regen applying to ES sounds nuts with a vaal timeless jewel for that corrupted soul node, could easily get to like 6k life/5k ES and ~2500 combined regen. With battlemage adding a ton of flat spell damage I think maybe cremation or or blade blast? Not really sure.

You could probably even maintain righteous fire if you wanted to without too much trouble. How good is BV with regards to flat damage?
Neato did that build. He seemed to like it. Its clear was god awful.

I haven't tried or PoB'd any of the builds you mentioned. Battlemage sounds like 1-2 combo bullshit. I don't think I've seen a BV build that scales flat damage.

For those that might be curious, I finished leveling other "meme" build I mentioned earlier: Abberath's Hooves - Ignite - Obliterate - Elementalist. In theory, you use Fan the Flames and Obliterate to chain explosions and ignite prolif. In practice, it feels like a BV poison build that's just a bit more automated. The chaining, the real nice chaining, doesn't really happen unless in high density, which makes me suspicious that the ignite proflif is more there for theory than practical application.

Doesn't help that you literally have to hug monsters for Abberath's to damage them. I played a Cold BV Pathfinder with explodey chest last league, this build doesn't compare to cold BV.

For reference, the build in action. I think a white tight corridor map is a bit cheaty. Note how some packs he has to run through before they pop. Cold BV destroys any pack on contact.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

Ignite?

If you get itemLVL 50-67 fire dot medium clusters you can get Burning bright and Blowback (20 inc/8fire dot/aoe and 15% faster) in like 16 scorched fossils average (according to craft of exile) and it was really easy when i did it.
Getting a 3 notable large where its all good is hard though. I just settled on a 2 notable one where the pathing got me burning bright.

I'm with you that the price to damage ratio is crap after a while though and i'm rolling a new build too.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
finally settled on my next two builds. I don’t obsess with clear really, so I’m going to do a mjolnir CoC BL inquis as LL. I did CI assassin CoC BL in delirium and loved it. Key stat is getting ES on hit. Might be a bit pricey.

next I’m doing an archmage BV build I think. Scion probably.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So far I’m really liking my 2H Axe Sweep / LL build. Doubt it will carry me to red maps, but it’s just so much fun clearing trash with it right now.