Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd prefer SSF over AH just so those fucks that play the economy can all spend their time trying to fuck each other over instead of people that don't want to play that part of the game. This game has a compelling amount of build depth that's ruined by having interact with a increasing amount of scammers, price fixers, bots, flippers, and most recently, shitty GGG infrastructure.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
SSF would just drive me nuts with the amount of currency you get in this league, i have like 400c and i havent traded fuck all this league other than buying a helmet and my hege staff lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It would take some getting used to, using currency that way, that's for sure. But I guess it would be, at its core, no different than having two versions of an item, one you easily 5L and the other you fruitlessly throw fusings at.

One of my favorite builds, Storm Secret Autobomber, uses a ton of uniques. It's my favorite for the combination of functionality and relative cheapness. A couple weeks into a typical league, this is 2-3 ex to get off the ground.

Even without the non-required uniques like Algor Mortis for boss DPS and Valako's Sign for easy life leech, this build simply doesn't exist in SSF. The more expensive version uses even more uniques, replacing the helm with a Crest of Desire and belt with Replica Soul Tether.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It would take some getting used to, using currency that way, that's for sure. But I guess it would be, at its core, no different than having two versions of an item, one you easily 5L and the other you fruitlessly throw fusings at.

One of my favorite builds, Storm Secret Autobomber, uses a ton of uniques. It's my favorite for the combination of functionality and relative cheapness. A couple weeks into a typical league, this is 2-3 ex to get off the ground.

Even without the non-required uniques like Algor Mortis for boss DPS and Valako's Sign for easy life leech, this build simply doesn't exist in SSF. The more expensive version uses even more uniques, replacing the helm with a Crest of Desire and belt with Replica Soul Tether.

And this wouldn't be a problem if Chris Wilson took his real inspiration from Diablo 2 and made unique items target farmable. Honestly, there is no reason for it except for being assholes. Each boss should have a loot table and it should comprise a number of uniques that have increased drop rates. It is totally nonsensical to do it any other way.

Needless

Toe Sucker
that seems very awful to keep track of, like if one very good unique only drops off the last boss of the Pen map, but Pen is a tier 2 map in this league, and its tier 14 in the next.
I guess you just tie it to the highest tier of the map but it still seems very iffy lol

Plus you need to sustain that one tier 14-16 map somehow which would be awful

kinda surprised theres no system where you could take a schematic of an item and incubate it or something, so if you really want that one specific item, create a schematic, play the game and you'll get that drop after a shit load of killing or whatever

and to not devalue specific uniques just make them non-tradable

LiquidDeath

that seems very awful to keep track of, like if one very good unique only drops off the last boss of the Pen map, but Pen is a tier 2 map in this league, and its tier 14 in the next.
I guess you just tie it to the highest tier of the map but it still seems very iffy lol

kinda surprised theres no system where you could take a schematic of an item and incubate it or something, so if you really want that one specific item, create a schematic, play the game and you'll get that drop after a shit load of killing or whatever

These ideas to make things non-tradeable don't make any sense to me.

Diablo 2 was the most popular ARPG, so popular that all these other ones strive to be like it, and every single thing in it was tradeable. People STILL play that shit to this day, so I don't buy any argument that allowing trading makes items too easy to obtain and limits the length of time the game is enjoyable.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So, if you want a Windforce in d2, you farm ~ 3 mobs, it takes you around 2 minutes to run those 3 spots in A5 Hell.

you don't actually think this system reasonably transfers into a game that has 162 maps in endgame? where you're in no guaranteed way to feasibly sustain one singular map to farm that one boss that can drop that unique

Or do you expect people to just keep running lvl 67 kitava that has nothing to do with the end game content?

LiquidDeath

So, if you want a Windforce in d2, you farm ~ 3 mobs, it takes you around 2 minutes to run those 3 spots in A5 Hell.

you don't actually think this system reasonably transfers into a game that has 162 maps in endgame? where you're in no guaranteed way to feasibly sustain one singular map to farm that one boss that can drop that unique

Or do you expect people to just keep running lvl 67 kitava that has nothing to do with the end game content?

I'm not a game designer, and I've never claimed to be one. The point is to make all uniques target farmable. I think giving bosses better loot tables is a good idea, but maybe it isn't the best. The point remains that it needs to happen. The goddamn Headhunter is reliably farmable and since that is true there is no reason that every unique isn't also farmable.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Or they could add a fucking auction house.

Fuck, they could add a buy board where you put up what you're looking for and how much you will pay and they could fill it directly into your stash tab.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Fuck, they could add a buy board where you put up what you're looking for and how much you will pay and they could fill it directly into your stash tab.

I am surprised every single time someone takes the time to sell me something for a single Alchemy and disappointed when dozens of messages fail to get a response when I'm trying to buy something for a dozen Chaos.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Needless

Toe Sucker

Yeah i agree with this, i was more so going with the SSF comments mentioned above in mind lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not an auction house, auction merchants. They don't want people easily buying/relisting items without putting in SOME effort. If you've got a merchant in your hideout they'll have to physically show up and buy that shit rather than some botter fuck sitting in his own hideout grabbing and reselling nonstop. Make them come, pick the item out of your listings, have the currency (or equivalent) on them, get the item, get out. That means Johnny fuckdick can be wrist deep in a Heist and you can go in and buy his 1alch Unique jewel without having to tell you "HEIST" and dying to some bullshit charging 4 aura guard or something which happened all the time in Heist.

Also if you have ANYTHING over a few ex (headhunter, 10 ex orbs, mirror, etc) on defer, never reroll items. Never. It won't be worth it. Painful lesson to learn for sure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not an auction house, auction merchants. They don't want people easily buying/relisting items without putting in SOME effort. If you've got a merchant in your hideout they'll have to physically show up and buy that shit rather than some botter fuck sitting in his own hideout grabbing and reselling nonstop. Make them come, pick the item out of your listings, have the currency (or equivalent) on them, get the item, get out. That means Johnny fuckdick can be wrist deep in a Heist and you can go in and buy his 1alch Unique jewel without having to tell you "HEIST" and dying to some bullshit charging 4 aura guard or something which happened all the time in Heist.

Also if you have ANYTHING over a few ex (headhunter, 10 ex orbs, mirror, etc) on defer, never reroll items. Never. It won't be worth it. Painful lesson to learn for sure.
I would say that's an orthogonal problem(can't buy/sell while playing the actual game) in which your solution solves the scammers, price fixers, and bots. Maybe not the bots. Probably makes the infrastructure problem worse.

The reason I point out the orthogonality is that I'm willing to bet that GGG wants to solve the "can't buy/sell while playing" problem MUCH more than the "player interaction" problem. I'm sure everyone remembers how fucking painful it's been in recent leagues to sell items while engaged in the league mechanic. GGG wants to keep making this kind of content. That said, I have no idea how they'll allow that with greatly disturbing their current "balance" of the economy, so maybe they will do an AH merchant.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Besides the obvious exile craft site, are there any good guides for crafting? What are some good items you can craft? I know there are specific guides on how to craft certain weapons/armors sprinkled throughout certain build guides. However, and this might be asking too much, is there a central repository for this?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
besides uber keys, i dont know anything you can target farm like that in d2.

there's boss runs, sure but thats random stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Another problem is just the sheer amount of items in this game, and growing every league. Add to this different RNG weights on certain unique, well it gets us to a spot where were at. Where a person can go an entire league and search for a pretty common or semi common unique and yet never get one. Cards were a great addition where you can get certain unique, but still some are rare as fuck, and some of the newer ones they add each league no one fucking knows where they drop other than rumors. So you can be farming a supposed drop map for days and not get shit not knowing if it drops there in the end or youre just unlucky as fuck.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
besides uber keys, i dont know anything you can target farm like that in d2.

there's boss runs, sure but thats random stuff.
It's been a long time since D2, but I assume they are talking about running specific bosses at certain levels/difficulties because their level affected their loot table, making some items drop a bit more often, or even very often in some cases. If it's just that, I would never calling it targeted farming. Divination cards for some items fill a similar role here, too.

As for trading, all I want it a merchant in my hideout so I don't have to leave my map. It doesn't solve everything, but also doesn't make trading "too easy" from GGGs pov. It eases cheap sales that people don't bother with, and it kills a good part of price manipulation. Good enough for me.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone have the -10 mana to non channeled spells enchant for rings? (heading to bed, but should be on tomorrow after work if anyone has it) Veiled farming still sucks even with ritual helping out.