Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think it's a combination of bad code and shitty assets that they copy and paste. PoE 2 will be a shitfest as they'll copy/paste stuff over to that as it's built on the same shitty engine. They'd have to start over or do some kind of code, asset review and optimization. That's not worth it as it's too time-consuming most likely.

Unless theres' a player revolt nothing will get done and this leagues been the most popular to date by all accounts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe D4 will be goodexist.

Need some help with my math. I'm playing a Storm Secret build where you take 250 lightning damage everytime HoT hits something. I have 82% lightning resistance, corrupted soul, fenumus spinnerets(18 ES on hit to enemies affected by aspect of the spider), and obviously aspect of the spider.

250 * 0.18 * 0.5 - 18 = 4.5 damage to my energy shield for every HoT hit. My energy shield leech(from storm brand, HoT, and global) should easily be able to overcome this. Yet, when I take a chunk of damage, I can just see it sitting there, fighting the incoming damage from Storm Secret. I got fenumus spinneret and aspect of the spider last night and it feels like they did nothing at all.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You do need to be in a similar range as blade vortex to do damage. However, you only need to whack something every ~2.5s to maintain the buff. Less if you get a decent amount of skill effect duration.

No need for multistrike in this build. I agree about being locked in place. Any build I play requires 1/3rd of a second of use time at max. However, multistrike doesn't lock you in place for the repeats, it's interruptable.
It was more of a complaint against strike skills in general. Static strike has other issues, like you mentioned.

Yea multistrike doesn't have that weird lockstep feel anymore, that's been gone since the melee rework.

At this point I have to assume they just don't have the technical knowledge to address performance? Game is what, 8 years old, and still chugs under any kind of intense map load? What does it take to actually resolve it, drop console support and focus solely on PC? That'll never happen cause they need $$, but they sure seem to be going backwards otherwise.

When they first put Vulcan in it was amazing for like half a league, but now Vulcan seems just as shitty as DX did.

I just played it and just from experience, yes it's interruptable but it still felt clunky to me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe D4 will be goodexist.

Need some help with my math. I'm playing a Storm Secret build where you take 250 lightning damage everytime HoT hits something. I have 82% lightning resistance, corrupted soul, fenumus spinnerets(18 ES on hit to enemies affected by aspect of the spider), and obviously aspect of the spider.

250 * 0.18 * 0.5 - 18 = 4.5 damage to my energy shield for every HoT hit. My energy shield leech(from storm brand, HoT, and global) should easily be able to overcome this. Yet, when I take a chunk of damage, I can just see it sitting there, fighting the incoming damage from Storm Secret. I got fenumus spinneret and aspect of the spider last night and it feels like they did nothing at all.

Does herald of thunder actually leech ES or trigger spell-hit ES gain? Isn't it an actual minion type thing doing all the lightning blasts?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does herald of thunder actually leech ES or trigger spell-hit ES gain? Isn't it an actual minion type thing doing all the lightning blasts?
I'm pretty certain HoT will leech ES as I can sit there doing nothing except HoT and Inpulsa explosions and something is refilling my ES against the Storm Secret damage.

The boots do not say spell hit, just hit.
Gain (15-20) Energy Shield for each Enemy you Hit which is affected by a Spider's Web
. The Inpulsa explosions should restore ES for that matter.

HoT and Inpulsa are secondary damage, not minion.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If you're doing the balancing act (50% chance of either element being highest) you might just be unlucky and roll highest being the same 10 times in a row or something?
I just tried Fireball + ball lightning and that worked as adverticed atleast.
Ya, I played around with it more last night by unsocketing my innervate gem and it worked like you said. My earlier testing was at very low level and I may have not accounted for the extra damage from chilled enemies always overpowering the other damage sources at the time. It's always something, lol. When I hit level 90 I'll post the POB here for everyone to make fun of and pick apart :p

On the bright side, I did think to look at some alt quality gems for more attack speed, and that's helped quite a bit. Specifically Anomalous Glacial Hammer (10%) and Anomalous Trinity (15% with 25resonance to all). GH was only 14c, but Anom Trinity is 40c... I think it's probably worth it though.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Especially that.

If you want some criticism, I'd be happy to review it. Whether it's constructive...🤷‍♂️
Eh, sure why not.

My next harebrained idea is Mjolnir + Spectral Throw + Astral Projector + Discharge. Throw your hammer and it hopefully procs discharge on the hammer and not you. No idea if it would even work, lol.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Eh, sure why not.

My next harebrained idea is Mjolnir + Spectral Throw + Astral Projector + Discharge. Throw your hammer and it hopefully procs discharge on the hammer and not you. No idea if it would even work, lol.
Sadly no but welcome to early on PoE planning, youre fucking hooked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you post your PoB or character profile? I seem to recall you posting it recently, some Blackflame Flame Arrow Trickster I think. But I went back 10 pages and couldn't find it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tried it with the Spectral Shield Throw threshold jewel too that adds chain but it doesnt chain to the same target.
Not what I was expecting, tbh! Let me understand what you're saying. You got the threshold jewel and threw your shield at the Hydrosphere? And it wouldn't then chain to the boss?

I wonder how Deadeye and Ricochet work with the shield and shard projectiles. Can you hit a boss with the shield and shards have a 30% chance to bounce off the wall and at most 1 of them chain back to the boss?

I wonder if Hydrosphere has a generous hitbox. Aiminig SST without namelocking has been the only issue with the skill since they added the threshold jewel. It absolutely did not need a damage increase. Kinda want to look into play a Berserker or Deadeye SST build now!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thank you Kythik Kythik for the help on the build. It's still hard to ramp up and ensure everything is cleared, and I need to get better at not using BV so much and using RF/Grace more often but.. this was probably one of the most fun and ridiculous things that ever happened to me in PoE, and I got it on video.

I'm level 87 in this video, doing canyon t15 with maven enabled. 40% delerious (I thought it was 60 but I'll eventually get to 80% and 100% once I get more comfortable with build, I'm sure I'm playing it like shit in this vid). I have legion scarab, 3 breaches, ambush, nemesis, triple beyond and alva (which I die to all the time, so i almost dont want to bother doing that even with the added mobs). It starts off your standard, every day headhunter stuff. But at 1:40, I trigger a legion which spawns at the exact same time I ran into the valdos harbinger pack which happened to all happen right next to the boss which was witnessed by maven. This was amazing, and generated as you can see 196 headhunter stacks (LOL?) AND soul eater went up to almost 275. The FPS you see in the video is exactly what I saw when playing. Watch my XP Bar during that. That explosion was just intensely satisfying to a degree I cannot explain.

This was the most amazing experience I've ever had playing PoE and it happened at 0.2 FPS. It's a shame they are gonna nerf the fuck out of the poison sextant after this league, I'm sure.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thank you Kythik Kythik for the help on the build. It's still hard to ramp up and ensure everything is cleared, and I need to get better at not using BV so much and using RF/Grace more often but.. this was probably one of the most fun and ridiculous things that ever happened to me in PoE, and I got it on video.

I'm level 87 in this video, doing canyon t15 with maven enabled. 40% delerious (I thought it was 60 but I'll eventually get to 80% and 100% once I get more comfortable with build, I'm sure I'm playing it like shit in this vid). I have legion scarab, 3 breaches, ambush, nemesis, triple beyond and alva (which I die to all the time, so i almost dont want to bother doing that even with the added mobs). It starts off your standard, every day headhunter stuff. But at 1:40, I trigger a legion which spawns at the exact same time I ran into the valdos harbinger pack which happened to all happen right next to the boss which was witnessed by maven. This was amazing, and generated as you can see 196 headhunter stacks (LOL?) AND soul eater went up to almost 275. The FPS you see in the video is exactly what I saw when playing. Watch my XP Bar during that. That explosion was just intensely satisfying to a degree I cannot explain.

This was the most amazing experience I've ever had playing PoE and it happened at 0.2 FPS. It's a shame they are gonna nerf the fuck out of the poison sextant after this league, I'm sure.

Would you play that build and level of map juice in ssf?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nah, getting a HH isn't terribly hard, but needing 2 inspired learnings and the clusters and helm enchant would be a super daunting task in ssf.
Not the difficulty of assembling the build. But that you would have no economy in which to sell most of those drops.