Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I will take that back, they balance the game around the highest level of play so that your pro players are the ones being challenged. The kind of people that farm HH with a team every league. It ruins leagues for casuals.

Take this league, I mentioned before that the quality of ritual rewards has taken an absolute nose dive, to the point it isnt even worth stopping to run. I'm sure they saw the pro players cleaning up high end cards and exalts every 40 or so maps which means they got a great reward every few hours. That same 40 maps could take an above average player 2 or 3 days to complete and feel rewarded.

Except that was too rewarding for the pros so they nerfed it and now it is way longer to see even decent rewards.

That balance philosophy skews rewards so high that it makes the game not worth playing faster every single fucking league.

Diablo 3 does the same thing, the only difference is the items are not tradeable. In fact, I think every game is balanced around the highest level of play so the professional players are challenged. I don't know many games that don't take this approach. There are a few, but if its going to make the pro players bored in the first 2-3 days of content and move onto something else, then it's a pretty weak ass game.

Did they nerf Ritual? Is there confirmation?

PS: I'm not a pro player. I often say I suck at this game. A8 Siris I beat about 70% of the time, and when I do I die 4-5 times. I cannot keep up with his movements, and lack the skill to avoid his beam or see the meteor exits clearly. I am only good at taking proper routes to farm money and such.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's anecdotal and I'm a derp but Ritual doesn't feel like its stocked with as much interesting shit as it was earlier in the league.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not being disengenuous here. I'm being as honest as I can and I can appreciate the debate here.

I mean look, you just gave me an example of bitching because people are affecting the purchasing power of exalts that dropped for you, but you completely ignored the complete inverse in that the purchasing power of chaos was considerably higher. You then rail on people listing things for hundreds of chaos (which is nothing new, btw), but did you yourself also not do so?

I honestly don't know what you want here. Ignoring making SSF viable, and ignoring HH stuff.. since now we're not talking about SSF and HH... You don't want farmers to affect the prices of items. But then something else will fill that void. And you'll want them removed. Part of the reason rares are so easy to get on trade is also because of farmers.

PoE's formula is really fucking simple. The more time spent and the more efficient use of that time, the more money you're going to make. Cutedog was on stream killing maven carries for 7 ancient orbs with each fight taking 2-3 minutes tops. That's about 100 or so ancient orbs an hour, or in the current market, about 2,500 chaos or 25ex.

And it's a stupider argument to expect someone whos skipped leagues and don't stay on the cutting edge to be able to put together god tier builds in 2 weeks time playing 2-3 hours in a day.
I did not ignore that. You either didn't read my entire response or you willfully misrepresented it, which is why I think you're being disingenuous. I quite literally said "IT MIGHT MAKE THEM MORE EXPENSIVE".

I want other players influence on my gameplay gone. Farmers affecting prices is but one facet of that. I don't know why SSF is off the table. You have not proven it's viable but that doesn't mean you get to throw it away.

I'm not debating you have to put time into the game to get rewards, so I don't get that part about Cutedog.

EDIT: I realize I'm being a little harsh with the name calling, but I'm not sure how else to restate my point again and again. This is effectively a single player game. Group SSF at best. Other people affect my single player game. Assholes price checking every fucking ritual window. Trade infrastructure not able to keep up(this is partially on GGG too). Farmers(solo and group) way outstrip my ability to farm, wildly affecting prices of items on the market(which is the only realistic place to get some items for most people). Price fixers, afkers, sellers playing the game unable to respond, scammers, etc. Whether the item I want to use is meta or not.

I play the game to get inspired by something I see somewhere else. I throw it in PoB, tweak it around for a few hours, finalize a build, and then see how well my planning panned out in PoE. All that shit I listed in the previous paragraph gets in the way of that.

I am not saying you shouldn't and can't play the game the way you like to play it. I'm saying I'd like to play the game without those things getting in the way. Viable casual SSF is the answer. But that seems easier said than done.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
And it's a stupider argument to expect someone whos skipped leagues and don't stay on the cutting edge to be able to put together god tier builds in 2 weeks time playing 2-3 hours in a day.
Jesus Christ. You are apparently completely unwilling to even attempt a genuine discussion on this.

Not a single person has ever said they should be able to put together a god tier build in 2 weeks playing casually. That is the softest straw man I've seen in a long time. We have only said that we want to actually be able to progress meaningfully on a character of our choosing without having to jump through bullshit fucking hoops like their trade monstrosity or be at the mercy of RNG that only averages out for those that play an unreasonable amount of time by a normal players standards. Are those simple enough requirements for you to discuss without imagining we want a two button, 5 day, care bear experience and then we're done?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I want other players influence on my gameplay gone. Farmers affecting prices is but one facet of that. I don't know why SSF is off the table. You have not proven it's viable but that doesn't mean you get to throw it away.

You can play SSF for this then right?

EDIT: I realize I'm being a little harsh with the name calling, but I'm not sure how else to restate my point again and again. This is effectively a single player game. Group SSF at best. Other people affect my single player game. Assholes price checking every fucking ritual window. Trade infrastructure not able to keep up(this is partially on GGG too). Farmers(solo and group) way outstrip my ability to farm, wildly affecting prices of items on the market(which is the only realistic place to get some items for most people). Price fixers, afkers, sellers playing the game unable to respond, scammers, etc. Whether the item I want to use is meta or not.

I play the game to get inspired by something I see somewhere else. I throw it in PoB, tweak it around for a few hours, finalize a build, and then see how well my planning panned out in PoE. All that shit I listed in the previous paragraph gets in the way of that.

I am not saying you shouldn't and can't play the game the way you like to play it. I'm saying I'd like to play the game without those things getting in the way. Viable casual SSF is the answer. But that seems easier said than done.

Well you think I'm being disingenuous or fighting over this but i'm not. I'm trying to understand your position, but it seems (to me) to go in many different directions.

PoE is NOT a single player game, unless you play in SSF. You are upset other people can affect your game, but that's really not going to change because while path of exile is "in effect" a single player game, it is NOT a single player game. You are choosing to play the non-single player game. SSF exists for that singular purpose.

So now we have it, what I said earlier ... viable casual SSF is the answer. So that's my solution I posted about earlier. They should make an SSF mode where item rarity is maybe +50,000% or something crazy, but make it so that it's impossible to migrate to trade leagues. It's a forever SSF locked character. I'd be down with that, as I posted earlier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ. You are apparently completely unwilling to even attempt a genuine discussion on this.

Not a single person has ever said they should be able to put together a god tier build in 2 weeks playing casually. That is the softest straw man I've seen in a long time. We have only said that we want to actually be able to progress meaningfully on a character of our choosing without having to jump through bullshit fucking hoops like their trade monstrosity or be at the mercy of RNG that only averages out for those that play an unreasonable amount of time by a normal players standards. Are those simple enough requirements for you to discuss without imagining we want a two button, 5 day, care bear experience and then we're done?

You both say I'm not willing to attempt a genuine discussion, but I've responded to almost every post about this topic. You both are constantly conflicting yourselves in your statements and it's made it hard for me to fairly respond to these. Maybe I suck at communication?

"No one has said they should be able to put together a god tier build in 2 weeks playing casually"
"We want to be able to progress meaningfully on a character of our choosing without................."

"meaningfully" is very subjective word here. Most people that start PoE get Malachi's organs, but never actually beat him and quit in act 5. Just simply maping it through the 10 acts is meaningful progress for them. Meaningful to me is the ability to explode screens. What does meaningfully mean to you? It was previously mentioned about an aura stacker, is that a reasonable "character of your choosing"?

You guys keep saying this but the evidence from the pro gamers proves this is all possible. YES, I know the guy doing a maven kill in 27 hours is unreasonable. However, this implies that a good gamer that plays 9 hours per week (about 1.2-1.3 hours per day) can accomplish this feat on SSF within a month. Am I off base here? Is this not meaningful?

I'm curious, in a trade league, at what point do you actually use trade the *first* time and what's it for? Speaking for myself -- 99% of the time it's maps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I still don't get it.

And everyone thinks trade is fucked, that's one point every single person can agree on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I still don't get it.

There's a part of the game that's super autism. Occasionally some people that aren't super autists want to do some really austistic shit but it's tough if you're not a super autist. The super autists like that some of the game is semi-exclusive to high functioning super autists.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A bit insulting, but essentially correct.

Take a look at Ritual trade league on poe.ninja. Watcher's Eye is the most used item at 61%. It's 3% in SSF Ritual. Watcher's Eye can be enabling for some builds. It can be a pretty important part of progression for others(cold BV for example). Fucking Tabula is still in the top ten at 8% usage in SSF Ritual. Which implies don't play a build that requires a 6L for early-league endgame boss dps.

AladainAF AladainAF that previous sentence addresses your question about being off base. For certain builds and certain very experienced players, sure, a Maven kills with 10s of hours of playtime is likely possible in SSF. I've thought of the builds I'd want to play in SSF, only come up with one: dom blow. Everything else is boring or requires esoteric gear.

I haven't traded for maps in probably over a year. My first usage of trade in a league is buying gear worth 10s of chaos after growing out of my leveling and entry mapping gear.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A bit insulting, but essentially correct.

Take a look at Ritual trade league on poe.ninja. Watcher's Eye is the most used item at 61%. It's 3% in SSF Ritual. Watcher's Eye can be enabling for some builds. It can be a pretty important part of progression for others(cold BV for example). Fucking Tabula is still in the top ten at 8% usage in SSF Ritual. Which implies don't play a build that requires a 6L for early-league endgame boss dps.

AladainAF AladainAF that previous sentence addresses your question about being off base. For certain builds and certain very experienced players, sure, a Maven kills with 10s of hours of playtime is likely possible in SSF. I've thought of the builds I'd want to play in SSF, only come up with one: dom blow. Everything else is boring or requires esoteric gear.

I haven't traded for maps in probably over a year. My first usage of trade in a league is buying gear worth 10s of chaos after growing out of my leveling and entry mapping gear.

A lot of that in SSF though could be because they specifically are using builds that are more SSF viable (in its current state) by choice. Your complaint previously appears to be that you want ANY build to be SSF viable. We already came to a solution for that :).

Does a build exist where a 6L is required or else it doesn't work? I was always under the impression a 5L is fine for everything. I would bet the "6L is required!" is no different than "X helm enchant required!". It's really nice, and it makes things easier, but it's far from required.

If you make SSF the way you want it though, and that was the only SSF version, don't you think that would turn off a lot of the players that currently play SSF?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm curious, in a trade league, at what point do you actually use trade the *first* time and what's it for? Speaking for myself -- 99% of the time it's maps.

Normally I buy a corrupt 6link in my colours before maps, usually around level 60 or around blood aquaducts as I stop there and run the chaos recipe a couple of times to buy it if I don't have it already. Usually they are around 5-10c at this point depending on the league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A lot of that in SSF though could be because they specifically are using builds that are more SSF viable (in its current state) by choice. Your complaint previously appears to be that you want ANY build to be SSF viable. We already came to a solution for that :).

Does a build exist where a 6L is required or else it doesn't work? I was always under the impression a 5L is fine for everything. I would bet the "6L is required!" is no different than "X helm enchant required!". It's really nice, and it makes things easier, but it's far from required.

If you make SSF the way you want it though, and that was the only SSF version, don't you think that would turn off a lot of the players that currently play SSF?
Doesn't functionally work? I'm sure they exist, not coming up with any atm. Ask our resident Quin69 how much more fun his golem build would have been on a 5L versus the content he clearly wasn't ready for.

Yep, it would turn some players off. I'm not saying I have the right answer here. All I know that the amount of time I'm not planning a build in PoB, or killing monsters in PoE, is too damn high. And player interaction is a large chunk of that.

LiquidDeath

You guys keep saying this but the evidence from the pro gamers proves this is all possible. YES, I know the guy doing a maven kill in 27 hours is unreasonable. However, this implies that a good gamer that plays 9 hours per week (about 1.2-1.3 hours per day) can accomplish this feat on SSF within a month. Am I off base here? Is this not meaningful?

I doubt that a normal player playing 9 hours a week for 4 or 5 weeks will get a Maven kill in SSF within a month. Listen to the last Baeclast and you'll see that of the 5 professional streamers that attend the show, only one of them had even attempted the fight (Ziggy) and that was because he is on softcore. The hardcore players either don't have a build they think can do it deathless or, in Tarke's case, don't even have access to the fight yet. This is why using the top 1% of the 1% of players is silly when making these arguments. Using Darkee's progress to prove points is a non-starter because he is literally an untouchable god at the game right now. Even the other pros are in awe of him.

For meaningful progress, let's take my character. Right now I'm a Bleed bow Glad. I hit a soft wall at low-tier red maps where I need to up my gear to progress. I've tried faming some Harvests, but white maps are the only maps I have in abundance and the crafts that I need to make my bow, armor, quiver, and amulet don't show up nearly at all in low tier maps. I also need an Assalium unique helm and have spammed people selling them at prices I can reasonably afford for several hours over a few days with no ability to buy it. There is no way I can farm it, either. Additionally, I could 6-link my Belly of the Beast without Harvest crafts, but I only have 200 fusings and 800 jewelers. I have 450 chaos and 3 ex, but there is no way for me to turn that currency into fusings so that I can try to link that on my own without going though the trade system.

Is this making sense? I want to play the goddamn game. I want to make this progression. I am locked behind their fucked trading implementation as well as the ability to farm a unique item that is pretty necessary for my build. If I don't have that unique, I need a second 6 link which would come in the form of a bow. So then I would have the same issues with linking it, ignoring the fact that their bullshit linking system means that it is not just sub-optimal to 6-link a non-endgame bow but it is actively detrimental in nearly every way.

I have no idea how you are saying that I am contradicting myself in these posts. I want one of two things. 1) A way to trade in which I can see something for sale at a certain price inside the game client, click a button/go to a hideout vendor/etc, buy item for that price or 2) Not be subject to RNG that is insurmountable in a normal gamer's time frame. I'd prefer the latter as that would mean I wouldn't have to interact with any other human in the game as this is a single player game, but I'll take the former. I'm sick and goddamn tired of wasting more time fighting systems that are uncontrollable than actually playing the game.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This thread has turned gayer than a cutedog stream.

POE is a pvp game, people just don't realize it because it's economy-based PVP. If you're not in at least yellow maps on launch weekend you've already been PK'd and will suffer bigly for weeks because of it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
For meaningful progress, let's take my character. Right now I'm a Bleed bow Glad. I hit a soft wall at low-tier red maps where I need to up my gear to progress. I've tried faming some Harvests, but white maps are the only maps I have in abundance and the crafts that I need to make my bow, armor, quiver, and amulet don't show up nearly at all in low tier maps. I also need an Assalium unique helm and have spammed people selling them at prices I can reasonably afford for several hours over a few days with no ability to buy it. There is no way I can farm it, either. Additionally, I could 6-link my Belly of the Beast without Harvest crafts, but I only have 200 fusings and 800 jewelers. I have 450 chaos and 3 ex, but there is no way for me to turn that currency into fusings so that I can try to link that on my own without going though the trade system.

Is this making sense? I want to play the goddamn game. I want to make this progression. I am locked behind their fucked trading implementation as well as the ability to farm a unique item that is pretty necessary for my build. If I don't have that unique, I need a second 6 link which would come in the form of a bow. So then I would have the same issues with linking it, ignoring the fact that their bullshit linking system means that it is not just sub-optimal to 6-link a non-endgame bow but it is actively detrimental in nearly every way.

Ok, so let's take your character. What do you propose they do to fix it? Every single thing you mentioned concerning your character is a complaint that the loot you want isn't common enough. You complained about the helm you cannot farm. You complained that the harvest crafts you need are not common enough. You complained you cannot 6 link your BOTB because you don't have enough fusings (Something, to note, is doing away in PoE 2). You want an auction house, that's not going to happen (though I think that would be a good thing too). The second thing is probably forever a non-starter. PoE is far less RNG based than it used to be, but still has a lot. They aren't going to change that. Perfect, mirror worthy items start showing up near the end of the league, which goes to show you that their RNG is pretty good to last an entire leagues timeframe, really.

If they increase item rarity by 100000% in a special SSF mode, are you still going to get your helm? Are your harvest crafts you need going to be more common? Will you get enough fusings? I'm looking for a solution here. If they allowed you to exchange c and ex for fusings at a fixed rate, would you do it even if it was much worse than trade?

I have 598 fusings sitting in inventory, want to buy some from me? Usually people like myself are sitting in guild chat with tons of currency and maps more than happy/willing to give away or sell the moment someone asks. The last 10 damn leagues, I've been a map whore for the guild, I have no problems doing this.

You say you want to play the goddamn game, and you chose a build that apparently doesn't work that well without a specific helm. I'm not sure what to say. Are you saying that builds should not be allowed to require a specific unique? A 6 link non-endgame bow is completely trivial to get. You can farm 22 imperial legacy cards in desert map in no more than 2-3 hours. Slap an essence or two on it on the stat you need the most and go from there.

I doubt that a normal player playing 9 hours a week for 4 or 5 weeks will get a Maven kill in SSF within a month. Listen to the last Baeclast and you'll see that of the 5 professional streamers that attend the show, only one of them had even attempted the fight (Ziggy) and that was because he is on softcore. The hardcore players either don't have a build they think can do it deathless or, in Tarke's case, don't even have access to the fight yet. This is why using the top 1% of the 1% of players is silly when making these arguments. Using Darkee's progress to prove points is a non-starter because he is literally an untouchable god at the game right now. Even the other pros are in awe of him.

It's perfectly relevant, because people complain that in SSF its impossible to obtain the gear in an SSF system needed to do these fights. As in, the RNG is so brutal as such, that the gear is simply unobtainable.

Whether you're looking at the top 1% or 1% in the first 27 hours, or anyone else thje fact that the top 1% of 1% was able to do it in 27 hours means they got the RNG to do it. Maybe lightee was really lucky? I actually haven't seen the gear he has. But RNG in this game is not subject to the skill level of the player.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to attempt to change the topic because I got called cutedog gay.

I'm at that point of the league where I've tried a bunch of builds as usual. And...I can't decide what to play. I still like Cold BV Pathfinder the most and I'd still recommend it to most people because of the sheer numbers. But it has some usability issues that I just can't get over:
  • Maintaining flasks. They are a decent portion of your EHP, so if you forget to keep them up the moment the boss slaps you...
    • If you use RF, gotta maintain at least the mana flask during choice screens like Ritual and Betrayal and Zana.
  • Hugging bosses with BV. Just bleh, how does anyone play this game with strike skills?
  • Indigon ramp up and maintain. This similar to flasks. You gotta spend mana to get your BV to respectable dps, but don't spend it too much as that's part of your EHP.
I tend to tunnel vision a lot, I have no idea how I tanked in WoW for so many years. The UI for flasks and mana is in the corners, so I don't do a great job of maintaining those correctly. I would say I want a weakauras for PoE but...we see what opening up the API to modders did to WoW's endgame.

So, my question to those familiar with this build(I think Pasteton Pasteton is playing it now?) or similarly tanky builds: is there another build that chain clears screens, has an EHP in the 250k range, and at least decent sustain?

Yes, I am overthinking this and will find a way to nitpick whatever suggestions I get. Wish I knew how to be satisfied with a build and just play it.

LiquidDeath

Ok, so let's take your character. What do you propose they do to fix it? Every single thing you mentioned concerning your character is a complaint that the loot you want isn't common enough. You complained about the helm you cannot farm. You complained that the harvest crafts you need are not common enough. You complained you cannot 6 link your BOTB because you don't have enough fusings (Something, to note, is doing away in PoE 2). You want an auction house, that's not going to happen (though I think that would be a good thing too). The second thing is probably forever a non-starter. PoE is far less RNG based than it used to be, but still has a lot. They aren't going to change that. Perfect, mirror worthy items start showing up near the end of the league, which goes to show you that their RNG is pretty good to last an entire leagues timeframe, really.

If they increase item rarity by 100000% in a special SSF mode, are you still going to get your helm? Are your harvest crafts you need going to be more common? Will you get enough fusings? I'm looking for a solution here. If they allowed you to exchange c and ex for fusings at a fixed rate, would you do it even if it was much worse than trade?

I have 598 fusings sitting in inventory, want to buy some from me? Usually people like myself are sitting in guild chat with tons of currency and maps more than happy/willing to give away or sell the moment someone asks. The last 10 damn leagues, I've been a map whore for the guild, I have no problems doing this.

You say you want to play the goddamn game, and you chose a build that apparently doesn't work that well without a specific helm. I'm not sure what to say. Are you saying that builds should not be allowed to require a specific unique? A 6 link non-endgame bow is completely trivial to get. You can farm 22 imperial legacy cards in desert map in no more than 2-3 hours. Slap an essence or two on it on the stat you need the most and go from there.

Why can't I exchange ex for chaos for fusings?
Why doesn't Assalium have a set of div cards that I can farm reliably?
Why don't useful crafts show up more frequently in Harvest?
Why do I give a fucking flying shit that mirror tier items even exist when I won't reasonably ever see or craft one and they don't impact my game at all?
Why does the guild have to rely on someone on a forum bro to provide them maps? (to be fair, this problem has been alleviated to a small extent by *gasp* allowing more targeted farming methods but is still fucked)
Why do you continue to lobby for my single player gaming experience to have to rely on other people to continue at a reasonable pace?

"A 6 link non-endgame bow is completely trivial to get. You can farm 22 imperial legacy cards in desert map in no more than 2-3 hours. Slap an essence or two on it on the stat you need the most and go from there."

You're right, this should be trivial, but it is, once again, layered behind their bullshit trade/RNG. First I need 2-3 hours worth of desert maps to farm. How do I get those? Right now, RNG or trade. Do you see why this argument falls apart? Great, now I get the cards and the bow. Hope I have the currency to recolor it (RNG) or the ability to by more currency (trade). Now it is colored, lets essence slam it (RNG). Great I ran out of essences, need more of those and more scours (trade) or I just chaos slam or harvest craft it (RNG).

I'm not even against those scenarios, but when they are locked behind ludicrous RNG or a broken trade system then we have the exact problem I've been describing.

It's perfectly relevant, because people complain that in SSF its impossible to obtain the gear in an SSF system needed to do these fights. As in, the RNG is so brutal as such, that the gear is simply unobtainable.

Whether you're looking at the top 1% or 1% in the first 27 hours, or anyone else thje fact that the top 1% of 1% was able to do it in 27 hours means they got the RNG to do it. Maybe lightee was really lucky? I actually haven't seen the gear he has. But RNG in this game is not subject to the skill level of the player.

I don't even know what to say if you think balancing the game around arguably the best player in PoE history is a suitable design decision. It isn't just about RNG, it is about hundreds of hours of cumulative experience that he has accumulated on top of being one of the world's most elite professional gamers. The equivalent to what you're suggesting is that NFL defenses are allowed 13 players because Adrian Peterson alone is able to run all over them or that the NBA raise the hoop to 12 feet because Michael Jordan can score 72 points in a game.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Why can't I exchange ex for chaos for fusings?
Why doesn't Assalium have a set of div cards that I can farm reliably?
Why don't useful crafts show up more frequently in Harvest?
Why do I give a fucking flying shit that mirror tier items even exist when I won't reasonably ever see or craft one and they don't impact my game at all?
Why does the guild have to rely on someone on a forum bro to provide them maps? (to be fair, this problem has been alleviated to a small extent by *gasp* allowing more targeted farming methods but is still fucked)
Why do you continue to lobby for my single player gaming experience to have to rely on other people to continue at a reasonable pace?

1. For the same reason you can't exchange ex for orb of augmentations? I dunno. I guess they don't want to hard-set prices on things like chaos and ex and don't mind doing that for the smaller currencies.
2. Because a supporter has not created it yet. For $660 you can!
3. Useful is subjective, but I presume because they are trying to control the level of crafts entering the game.
4. Because the game is about more than your singular experience.
5. Because the map system sucks.
6. Because you chose to play the non-single player gaming experience.

You're right, this should be trivial, but it is, once again, layered behind their bullshit trade/RNG. First I need 2-3 hours worth of desert maps to farm. How do I get those? Right now, RNG or trade. Do you see why this argument falls apart?

Well, not really. I mentioned Desert. You can farm it in Desert, Desert Spring, or Dunes Map. So you have three maps you can farm it in, and it's a pretty common drop. But jesus christ man, we're just going to agree to disagree. If you cannot manage to farm tier 4 maps, to farm a common divination card, to get a 6 link bow for your build I we're never ever going to see eye to eye dude. We'll just leave it as a disagreement and move on.

Edit: I do want to address this last point....

I don't even know what to say if you think balancing the game around arguably the best player in PoE history is a suitable design decision. It isn't just about RNG, it is about hundreds of hours of cumulative experience that he has accumulated on top of being one of the world's most elite professional gamers. The equivalent to what you're suggesting is that NFL defenses are allowed 13 players because Adrian Peterson alone is able to run all over them or that the NBA raise the hoop to 12 feet because Michael Jordan can score 72 points in a game.

I never said they had to balance the game around the best player in PoE history. You're putting words in my mouth. My point was to imply that RNG was not a limiting factor in his ability to do it.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My only fucking complaint is that certain build enabling uniques are not easy to find in SSF. Cards have helped this over time. On top of that, item drops are balanced around trade and that would be the balance I’d want tweaked for perms-SSF. I think if you go SSF it should not be permitted to go trade with that character. Items you pick up and rarity need a rebalance for a viable SSF imo.

I’m casual though. I play 2-3 hours per night most nights and 6-8 hours a day on weekends, so my ass chaps at people who play 10+ hours daily on a stream being the balance point. But that’s fine. I can vote with my money.

I’m more pissed Mathil did a mjolnir build and now the prices are going up (not too much) as I embark on corrupting a bunch for fort on hit.