Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Man what a fucking rush of an evening.

I was watching cutedogs stream, and the topic of perandus came up and he was going on and on about people in his discord are getting HH from cadiro in less than 50 tries. Lots in chat were saying that cadiro sucks, etc. I was doing it at the time, and the map I was doing got a doctor drop (winnar), and then checked cadiro and it was a fucking HH. Called it out on the chat and cutedog came to show it on stream, and paid for it with his own coins. Total coincidence but it was a hell of a rush.

Map mods were nothing special, but it was the highest return map I've ever done for sure lol.

View attachment 334778

I think this league, I want to actually build something that is NOTHING but a boss killer, no mapping. Supreme single-target, so I can use it to get the rest of the points. I really like the mobility of cyclone and might do an impale cyclone but I think dual strike (or was it double strike?) with the vaal illusions is probably better single target. Any suggestions for a easy build that deletes bosses Deathwing Deathwing ? I dont want anything too much of a gimmick, just something that can delete siris and can work with situations like uber elder with adds, etc.

It doesn't delete them but totems were pretty nice for 36 challenges, with pierce even the feared was hassle free. I alched every single maven arena fight (including feared) and it was perfectly fine. Done every boss except Uber Elder this league on them - he'd be a joke anyway even with Maven watching. Atziri was no problem if you remove pierce and then get your totems on top of the non-mirror so they don't fuck themselves, but she's quite hard when Maven is watching. Sirus on awakening 9 was easy, 100% del maps are easy, simulacrums easy, maps with lots of extreme mods are easy.

Maven herself is pretty bad with totems as there's alot of degen flying about in the fight, she's doable but it took 22 portals before I managed to kill her.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Man what a fucking rush of an evening.

I was watching cutedogs stream, and the topic of perandus came up and he was going on and on about people in his discord are getting HH from cadiro in less than 50 tries. Lots in chat were saying that cadiro sucks, etc. I was doing it at the time, and the map I was doing got a doctor drop (winnar), and then checked cadiro and it was a fucking HH. Called it out on the chat and cutedog came to show it on stream, and paid for it with his own coins. Total coincidence but it was a hell of a rush.

Map mods were nothing special, but it was the highest return map I've ever done for sure lol.

View attachment 334778

I think this league, I want to actually build something that is NOTHING but a boss killer, no mapping. Supreme single-target, so I can use it to get the rest of the points. I really like the mobility of cyclone and might do an impale cyclone but I think dual strike (or was it double strike?) with the vaal illusions is probably better single target. Any suggestions for a easy build that deletes bosses Deathwing Deathwing ? I dont want anything too much of a gimmick, just something that can delete siris and can work with situations like uber elder with adds, etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Can also just do it with inquis if you have some money. Can hit ~20m shaper DPS on crit inquis blade flurry for maybe 30ex.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It doesn't delete them but totems were pretty nice for 36 challenges, with pierce even the feared was hassle free. I alched every single maven arena fight (including feared) and it was perfectly fine. Done every boss except Uber Elder this league on them - he'd be a joke anyway even with Maven watching. Atziri was no problem if you remove pierce and then get your totems on top of the non-mirror so they don't fuck themselves, but she's quite hard when Maven is watching. Sirus on awakening 9 was easy, 100% del maps are easy, simulacrums easy, maps with lots of extreme mods are easy.

Maven herself is pretty bad with totems as there's alot of degen flying about in the fight, she's doable but it took 22 portals before I managed to kill her.

Can you post a PoB of your char? would be curious to see what this looks like, hitting a bit of a bottleneck with my bleed bow without having 20-30+ ex to up my bow 100 dps

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Can you post a PoB of your char? would be curious to see what this looks like, hitting a bit of a bottleneck with my bleed bow without having 20-30+ ex to up my bow 100 dps

Here's the thread I followed., you can get the ball rolling for under an ex just need a quillrain, couple jewels, kaoms, boots with pierce etc. I do have the +2 corruption on my hat but I'd done all the bosses, simulacrum, twins, Aul etc before i got that corruption so you dont' really need it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone on today that can invite my character? I left the guild during harvest to do a private league with my friends (don't even know if I needed to?) and trying to get back in as they've all quit and I'm still playing.

Character name : TradeBrickedMyCharacter

I think account name is zeropen86

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone on today that can invite my character? I left the guild during harvest to do a private league with my friends (don't even know if I needed to?) and trying to get back in as they've all quit and I'm still playing.

Character name : TradeBrickedMyCharacter

I think account name is zeropen86
I’ll be on tonight probably. Caedrus is account name I think.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I was trying to challenge myself and just beat the campaign in SSF hc for the first time. Fun play through, really gives the leveling process a completely dynamic. I really took my time and crafted my own gear and used vendor recipes I only heard rumors of the last 6 years. Fun change, now on to mapping.

Edit: I usually play like once every 3-4 leagues and just figured out you can setup stash affinities for easy inventory clearing on Act 10, I feel like such a knob

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I was trying to challenge myself and just beat the campaign in SSF hc for the first time. Fun play through, really gives the leveling process a completely dynamic. I really took my time and crafted my own gear and used vendor recipes I only heard rumors of the last 6 years. Fun change, now on to mapping.

Edit: I usually play like once every 3-4 leagues and just figured out you can setup stash affinities for easy inventory clearing on Act 10, I feel like such a knob

Stash tab affinity was just added in the middle of the previous league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys missed what ronne posted pretty much nailed it on the head. These games are all about the league launch. You take off 2-3 days and no life the launch, you will set yourself up to better progress over the entire league than a dude who ends up playing 3x more than you but evenly spaced out. I can’t even recall the number of insanely rolled rares including ones that were essentially build enabling/allowed me to push into red maps/bossing, that I paid only a1-3c for because it was super early league and everyone was just trying to dump anything that looked good to build up their chaos pool. Now if I sold most of those items it would be 4-5 ex or more easily.

there’s tons of other ways to take advantage of the economy if you push early. Obviously one of the easiest is selling high tier maps. But holy shit there’s a ton of different options that generally dry up in a couple weeks

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No one missed that. It wasn't worth commenting on. Most people play this game to kill monsters, progress characters, and find cool interactions(if you play for the economy, you do you, but you're in the minority). The FOMO induced by the rat race you're describing only further cements the disdain for trade interaction in this game.

(Un?)luckily, the amount of rewards they shower you with now completely overrides any need to push early. I roll quite a few characters during league launch and regularly end the league with way too much raw exalts, chaos, and unconverted currency. I had a replica nebulis that I never bothered to even list.

• 1Solidarity

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
So, I've progressed further this league than ever before by playing a toxic rain trickster: Character I have realized that I'm not the best at avoiding big hits and damage, so I can zoom zoom zoom many T16s in a row feeling almost invincible, then I'll randomly die back to back to stuff that I don't even know what it is. That said, I'm pretty sure a lot of those deaths are because my chaos resist is so terrible, but I am still thinking of rerolling to something more beefy, especially for bosses.

Any suggestions for a build that can take some pretty big hits, but also descent map clear but more emphasis on just being a tank? I'm not too worried about every map taking a bit longer because the entire screen isn't filled with poison rain pods. If I liquidate the trickster I'm probably sitting on around 12-15 exalts.

Thanks in advance.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know it sounds much harder, but I'd potentially hold off on liquidating one character to finance another. Especially in unfamiliar builds. A lot of people play their established build, get really good gear made, have fun then want to move on. Then they google some "BEST BUILD EVER" and put it together and find out it needs a 1 passive Voices or all mirror tier gear to out dps T16 bosses and then they're basically fucked for making any money to change. I'd definitely try to build a character first and make sure it actually works before liquidating an already successful one.

As for bossing characters I'm not sure how well clear is for a lot of them. There's plenty of classic bossers (Neb jugg, Blade Vortex Chieftan, Slammer anything, tanky Summoners) but compared to a true zoomer the clear may never feel good enough even with an explodey chest. We have a guy who's a nearly unkillable CI Molten Strike Jugg who does like 10-15mil SDPS, but he's fairly slow and he can't wear an explodey chest so mapping for him can be a bit tedious.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I collect my characters like pokemon in a build museum so i don't like liquidating any build i've put some actual time into, alltough at some point i'll run out of slots i suppose.
The only build that i think i've been so unhappy with i didnt have any issues liquidating was tec slam chieftan.

Just take a page out of the hardcore textbook i suppose if you want a build thats tanky and still has dps and some clear. Just from memory
BF/BB chieftain
DD inquisitor
Cremation/archmage necro
Earthshatter impale Champion
EQ bleed Glad

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When I'm done for the league I delete the char. When I start a league if there's anything hanging around that I was derping with prior I delete that too.

edit - thus far I have kept only my Delirium league character as it's the only char that felt sorta legitimate

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any character I make is at risk of deletion as their pithy and witty names are their most valuable characteristic.

JuggLivesMatter is my crowning achievement. Might finally get some use this league. GirlsGoneWildStrike too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
This sort of thing might be old hat to the vets here, but I found the concept behind this build pretty interesting. The piles of flaming bodies 2 screens over was pretty hilarious IMO.

Vid:

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll admit I keep about 1-2 characters per league, which means right now all but like two of my museum league guys are CoC or a cyclone slayer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This sort of thing might be old hat to the vets here, but I found the concept behind this build pretty interesting. The piles of flaming bodies 2 screens over was pretty hilarious IMO.

Vid:
Not really new. But elementalist rework finally allowed for a giant one tap ignite that you can prolif with abberaths. Previously, you would have to use Divine Ire, Penance Brand, or Fireball to get big ignites. And for different reasons, those skills would put a damper on focusing on prolif.

I looked into some of these builds and I couldn't find one that didn't have paper thin ehp. Not saying there isn't one, would love to be wrong here, but I'm too stupid to play a glass cannon through the end game.

• 1Like

Lowball

Trakanon Raider

Vid:
I played a self ignite chieftain version then also used them for a while with reworked discharge. It's hilariously satisfying when it works but the density has to be right. The slow move speed ultimately killed it for me both times.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users