Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deathwing Deathwing
Have you played Worb lately? Won't you run into the issue of just tickling bosses again?
I'm definetly in the camp, i think the same camp as you, of wanting to make 1 ultimate do it all build thats fast, tanky, does bosses and explodes maps.
Which then sadly requires probably dozens or more times the currency.

Which is why my current guy, my first level 100 ever, is probably worth more than 400ex at this point, to be fair, thats mostly due to inflation. Probably 300 ex of it. This league really hammered home in me that what you do the first week or 2, not to mention the first day or 2 (but im not fast enough for that) really matters a whole lot more than what you do after a month.
Oh, I'm expecting dissatisfaction. The ssf experiment was more the point.

Did your current build meet all those facets? Even if stupidly expensive, what was it?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I need some help harvest crafting. My end goal is to craft a thicket bow with this:

[Pre] +1 to Level of Socketed Gems (Gem)
[Pre] Socketed Skills Deal 20% more attack damage (Attack, Gem)
[Pre] Damage Penetrated 7% Elemental Resistances (Elemental Damage, Elemental)
[Suf] 1% increased Projectile Attack Damage per 200 Acc Rating (Attack)
[Suf] 10% Increased Attack Speed / 6% Double Damage (Attack, Speed)

How can I create this through harvest crafting?

I have at the moment, a shaperbow with:

--------
Adds 39 to 69 Cold Damage
Adds 12 to 196 Lightning Damage
6% increased Attack Speed
41% increased Projectile Speed
18% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
Damage Penetrates 12% Elemental Resistances
--------

And an elder bow with:

--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
--------

I need to get an alder prefix on it, and I know I need to awakener orb it so the +1 Gems will probably go away. But how do I go from here? I've tried to do this through craft of exile but it doesnt seem to work right (eg: Suffix cannot be changes still adds suffixes, etc).

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I'm expecting dissatisfaction. The ssf experiment was more the point.

Did your current build meet all those facets? Even if stupidly expensive, what was it?

So basic concept which is what im sticking to is Slayer with the endurance and frenzy charge node and trinity support. Started as ele hit melee, and i think i've already griped about strike skills in this thread, did not like it at all. So transitioned to Voidforge and cyclone instead.
I'd say my build is only moderatly succesful. Concept probably hamstrings it too much in the end and whitout the investment to up the dps as much as i have it would probably not feel as survivable as it does.

Sirus and maven get to do like 1 thing per phase. Which is pretty bad if you think about what another build could do with this much investment but it's good enough to kill them easily. The feared is actually not so fine, even though it's been a while and a few upgrades since i did them last so should try it again.

I can do 100% delirium t15 canyons ok with basic HH (dont get me wrong the HH does a shitton of the work in these maps but i don't do any shenanigans with it), I don't ever die doing them, unless i lag a lot, and if a few mobs are left after HH stacks drop thats totally fine unlike what can happen to the self curse builds.
Defensively Cyclone is really mobile, overleech with vaal pact, 10 endurance charges, stun immune,, 26% fortify, acro/phase acro +elusive and quartz flask, temp chains, some freeze/chill, alltough the 10 endurance charges are kind of a lie becuase they get negated basically by abyssus, it's just the extra dps increases my suvivability more than some extra phys dmg reduction, this surprised me how little it felt like the endurance charges mattered. Overall im pretty happy about mapping survivability, vaal pact can be annoying occasionally.

The way i built it though i don't have the screen explosions and This is the facet thats most dissatsfying. Because the originall idea was frenzy/endurance stacking i use replica farruls so no explode chest, use asenath gloves instead but it's not the same i feel, it's very weird, occasionally it work's well and will chain but other times it's not that great. Compared to what other build on the south side of the tree can do in terms of scaling the explode i think i actually do scale it pretty well with 160% inc damage from the endurance and frenzy nodes and 80% inc aoe and 40% more from frenzy charges + hatred. But it's not a bf/bb chieftain in terms of explode scaling. Voidforge nerfs the explode by 30% too because i only convert 70%. (and no its not hex immune map mod)

Nothing special for speed, just 25(30 with infusion up)% in the passive tree with elusive/tailwind boots.

in pob
23 million mapping
It's around 18 mill if i cange it to shaper, and lower to 1 nearby enemy and click the totems checkboxes, a bit more if i swap in bottled faith over movespeed flask.
8 mill whitout any situational stuff like flasks or totems on shaper.
I am probably shocking some things too but i doubt it's much of a thing on Sirus for example.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So basic concept which is what im sticking to is Slayer with the endurance and frenzy charge node and trinity support. Started as ele hit melee, and i think i've already griped about strike skills in this thread, did not like it at all. So transitioned to Voidforge and cyclone instead.
I'd say my build is only moderatly succesful. Concept probably hamstrings it too much in the end and whitout the investment to up the dps as much as i have it would probably not feel as survivable as it does.

Sirus and maven get to do like 1 thing per phase. Which is pretty bad if you think about what another build could do with this much investment but it's good enough to kill them easily. The feared is actually not so fine, even though it's been a while and a few upgrades since i did them last so should try it again.

I can do 100% delirium t15 canyons ok with basic HH (dont get me wrong the HH does a shitton of the work in these maps but i don't do any shenanigans with it), I don't ever die doing them, unless i lag a lot, and if a few mobs are left after HH stacks drop thats totally fine unlike what can happen to the self curse builds.
Defensively Cyclone is really mobile, overleech with vaal pact, 10 endurance charges, stun immune,, 26% fortify, acro/phase acro +elusive and quartz flask, temp chains, some freeze/chill, alltough the 10 endurance charges are kind of a lie becuase they get negated basically by abyssus, it's just the extra dps increases my suvivability more than some extra phys dmg reduction, this surprised me how little it felt like the endurance charges mattered. Overall im pretty happy about mapping survivability, vaal pact can be annoying occasionally.

The way i built it though i don't have the screen explosions and This is the facet thats most dissatsfying. Because the originall idea was frenzy/endurance stacking i use replica farruls so no explode chest, use asenath gloves instead but it's not the same i feel, it's very weird, occasionally it work's well and will chain but other times it's not that great. Compared to what other build on the south side of the tree can do in terms of scaling the explode i think i actually do scale it pretty well with 160% inc damage from the endurance and frenzy nodes and 80% inc aoe and 40% more from frenzy charges + hatred. But it's not a bf/bb chieftain in terms of explode scaling. Voidforge nerfs the explode by 30% too because i only convert 70%. (and no its not hex immune map mod)

Nothing special for speed, just 25(30 with infusion up)% in the passive tree with elusive/tailwind boots.

in pob
23 million mapping
It's around 18 mill if i cange it to shaper, and lower to 1 nearby enemy and click the totems checkboxes, a bit more if i swap in bottled faith over movespeed flask.
8 mill whitout any situational stuff like flasks or totems on shaper.
I am probably shocking some things too but i doubt it's much of a thing on Sirus for example.
I don't think I've ever seen someone play ele hit as melee. Replica Farrul's Fur + Arn's Anguish + Slayer opens up a ton of interesting build ideas. Shame it costs so damn much.

Asenath's will never chain as well as a chest that can proc itself. With Asenath's and Storm's Gift, you need at least two monsters to propagate, explodey chest only needs 1.

It's an interesting build but I feel Cyclone + Lion's Roar would have me looking elsewhere quickly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did you ever try molten strike deathwing? How was the projectile spread vs bosses if so?

Dicking around in POB with MS raider and it doesn't seem hard to hit like ~1.5m dps per projectile, so if there's any kind of reasonable overlap possible it could be pretty legit still.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did you ever try molten strike deathwing? How was the projectile spread vs bosses if so?

Dicking around in POB with MS raider and it doesn't seem hard to hit like ~1.5m dps per projectile, so if there's any kind of reasonable overlap possible it could be pretty legit still.
Nah, I didn't get that far, clear was abysmal. My recollection from when I was theory crafting that build is that the balls should spread evenly through out the larger circle. I want to say 50% of them should hit the main target, but I don't remember how I came to that conclusion. A well placed hydrosphere should double that.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, I need some help harvest crafting. My end goal is to craft a thicket bow with this:

[Pre] +1 to Level of Socketed Gems (Gem)
[Pre] Socketed Skills Deal 20% more attack damage (Attack, Gem)
[Pre] Damage Penetrated 7% Elemental Resistances (Elemental Damage, Elemental)
[Suf] 1% increased Projectile Attack Damage per 200 Acc Rating (Attack)
[Suf] 10% Increased Attack Speed / 6% Double Damage (Attack, Speed)

How can I create this through harvest crafting?

I have at the moment, a shaperbow with:

--------
Adds 39 to 69 Cold Damage
Adds 12 to 196 Lightning Damage
6% increased Attack Speed
41% increased Projectile Speed
18% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
Damage Penetrates 12% Elemental Resistances
--------

And an elder bow with:

--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
--------

I need to get an alder prefix on it, and I know I need to awakener orb it so the +1 Gems will probably go away. But how do I go from here? I've tried to do this through craft of exile but it doesnt seem to work right (eg: Suffix cannot be changes still adds suffixes, etc).

My initial reaction is thats going to be an almost impossible craft. Besides the speed suffix, harvest crafting wont help very much short of spamming -+ influence mods until you get the ones you want.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nah, I didn't get that far, clear was abysmal. My recollection from when I was theory crafting that build is that the balls should spread evenly through out the larger circle. I want to say 50% of them should hit the main target, but I don't remember how I came to that conclusion. A well placed hydrosphere should double that.

Hmm alright I'll need to play with it some. Was looking in to it a bit and apparently projectile speed makes them go further, so think maybe if I grab point blank and that slower proj node down by raider, along with just using slower proj for single target, I can get it to stack up decently on a boss target. We'll see tho I suppose.

Awakened ancestral call is ~20c so I don't suspect clear will be an issue heh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm alright I'll need to play with it some. Was looking in to it a bit and apparently projectile speed makes them go further, so think maybe if I grab point blank and that slower proj node down by raider, along with just using slower proj for single target, I can get it to stack up decently on a boss target. We'll see tho I suppose.

Awakened ancestral call is ~20c so I don't suspect clear will be an issue heh.
My recollection was that the time from initial contact with a pack to swinging to the balls splashing and killing stuff was too long. I'll admit I didn't try it with an explode chest.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
My initial reaction is thats going to be an almost impossible craft. Besides the speed suffix, harvest crafting wont help very much short of spamming -+ influence mods until you get the ones you want.

Yeah I spoke to someone and they said that was near impossible, but not completely.

Ended up buying this:

--------
(P) Adds 31 to 54 Cold Damage
(S) 13% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
(S) 1% increased Projectile Attack Damage per 200 Accuracy Rating
(S) 6% chance to deal Double Damage / 11% IAS
--------

EDIT ---

I ran this through craft of exile and through a lot of trial and error I came up with this. Looks like roughly 40-45ex or so assuming Augment influence is a 2ex craft (I'm not sure how much it is this league?).

This is without any undos, but probably a good scenario since I landed +1 gems on 2nd exalt, and first exalt was a targetable cold. If I hit something like a Gem I'd have to re-scour and start over I think?

Code:
Start -- 

Adds 31 to 51 Cold Damage
11% increased Attack Speed, 4% chance to deal Double Damage
13% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
1% increased Projectile Attack Damage per 200 Accuracy Rating

Bench : Suffixes Cannot Be Changed

Augment : Influence
60% chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage(5.21%)

Annul : Physical
60% chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage(100.00%)

Gain 19% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(10.42%)

Annul : Physical
Gain 19% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(100.00%)

Damage Penetrates 8% Elemental Resistances(31.25%)

Annul : Cold
Adds 31 to 51 Cold Damage(100.00%)

5% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill(12.12%)

Orb of Scouring

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 10 Onslaught(4.17%)

Orb of Scouring

Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Cast On Critical Strike(3.65%)

Orb of Scouring

8% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill(4.17%)

Orb of Scouring

Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(10.42%)

Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(100.00%)

Damage Penetrates 11% Elemental Resistances(10.42%)

Adds 2 to 3 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity(3.03%)

Adds 2 to 3 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity(100.00%)

Gain 11% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(45.45%)

Gain 11% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(100.00%)

Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Cast On Critical Strike(5.30%)

Orb of Scouring

Damage Penetrates 11% Elemental Resistances(10.42%)

Socketed Skills deal 20% more Attack Damage(7.58%)

Bench Remove : Suffixes Cannot Be Changed

Annul : Chaos
13% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage(100.00%)

Bench : Cannot roll Attack Modifiers

Exalted Orb : Gain 11% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(50.85%)

Gain 11% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage(100.00%)

Exalted Orb : +1 to Level of Socketed Gems(16.95%)

Bench Remove : Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers

Divine Orb 25% (1/4)

Divine Orb 25% (1/4)

Divine Orb 100% (4/4)

Bench : 30% Chance to Deal Double Damage While Focussed

1614846157520.png

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think I've ever seen someone play ele hit as melee. Replica Farrul's Fur + Arn's Anguish + Slayer opens up a ton of interesting build ideas. Shame it costs so damn much.

Asenath's will never chain as well as a chest that can proc itself. With Asenath's and Storm's Gift, you need at least two monsters to propagate, explodey chest only needs 1.

It's an interesting build but I feel Cyclone + Lion's Roar would have me looking elsewhere quickly.

The reason i wanted melee ele hit was because of
1614855213624.png

On it's face it felt like that would save me so many points, not traveling to EE or the scion life wheel at all, that the dps would have to be insane, but it wasn't.

And thats interesting about the explode gloves, didn't know that
I wouldn't call it too interesting of a build idea, it's just a few uniques basically and lion's roar can be annoying you're right, it probably has a hidden dps minus just because of knockback.

Attachments

• 1614855173333.png
    1614855173333.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 10

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The reason i wanted melee ele hit was because of
View attachment 339611
On it's face it felt like that would save me so many points, not traveling to EE or the scion life wheel at all, that the dps would have to be insane, but it wasn't.

And thats interesting about the explode gloves, didn't know that
I wouldn't call it too interesting of a build idea, it's just a few uniques basically and lion's roar can be annoying you're right, it probably has a hidden dps minus just because of knockback.
Well, I wouldn't mind being told I'm wrong about Asenath's and Storm's Gift, these are conclusions I've drawn myself mostly. Both gloves need a non-exploded mob(i.e. a corpse) nearby in order to make its neighbors explode. That's why I came to conclusion that you need two mobs to chain through weak points instead of one.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This dude continues to have more fun with POE than I ever will

• 1Worf
  • 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus, part of the greatness of this game is absurd combinations like that but I could never play that build as FPS drops make me really salty.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
20210306_182916.jpg

So this has been a project of mine off and on this season. The prefixes are good (I may work for T1 life later), but I'm looking to get chaos damage over time multi and a resist (I've got a helm with T1 cold, lightning, and chaos and need to drop one of those for chaos pen). I am thinking of something along these lines but welcome advice as I usually don't meta craft much.

-remove physical to drop the physical dot multi
-add prefixes cannot be changed
-imprint the item
-annul and hope to remove something other than prefix, if not back up a step and try again
-scour to drop suffixes
-craft element and chaos resist
-imprint
-aug chaos
-if not t1 chaos dot multi, repeat last step
-craft elemental resistance (will not need t1 here)

This would leave me with 1 open suffix to dick around with.

Alternatively, I was thinking about getting really crazy and slamming an essence of delerium instead of scouring to get chaos damage leeched as life and then trying for the chaos dot multi and resist but seems like a lot more steps.

Anyway, is there anything fundamentally wrong? Would the essence method also work?

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
One can only imprint a magic item.
Well that answers that. Just realized part of the answer was right in front of me. Once prefixes cannot be changed is crafted you can just scour to remove the suffixes. Seems like it will end up being craft a chaos res mod, then Aug chaos, remove the craft, then remove chaos and repeat as needed.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't sure I'd ever play a build that could compete with aura stacker. DW suggesting the build is usually a good sign and I can usually throw exalts at it. But, then I saw all the aura stackers I knew were rolling cold bv pathfinder....

I can skip maven's last phase. 5.5k hp/s 4.2k mana/s. EHP: 57k vs phys, 140k vs light/fire, 170k vs cold, 70k vs chaos. near 100% uptime on 370 MS. There are still upgrades, the guy I'm copying has 30% more DPS than I do, but I doubt I'll go that far.

Code:
eNq9Wltz2jgUfm5_hcfvDcjytQPtkGuZCSkb0nb3qaPYAtwIy2vJpPTXr2Sb4KYQjtXOJjPElr9zPzo6x2Tw_vuKWWtaiJRnQxud9G2LZjFP0mwxtD_dXb4J7ffvXg-mRC4_zk_LlOkn716_GlTXFqNryhSdbUlSLKj8vOWEvypOOcnkkvJsQr7x4oonQ_uGZ9S27kmWpHJ7FzMixA1Z0aE9ixWxbRER0yw5263XwBVJsxmPH6i8KniZV2LXKX2c8ERhxpPpx9u7ltA0awtVOr8aTBnZ0GImibSE-hjaI2U6WdBzslKfihthpWLlnASRE2x_sd3bTzzLKU2eiNCJ8_8BpwW9mM9pLNM1PStSebYkWbwzoH-Irit2UjKZ5iylRUsr7xDFh1-YR_4h7B2XhJ1PZ09QfII9tPP6y3RcHtf_SyqXp0w51ECKph0vslRSQ-IpTwXPfsO-NunhEPHVfZoZWbglHa0XXUknJCNnXABCMJO7vHEOom7pv23gQdw5_Q7j1gYexI0zCePWBr6g25rLqngdQ16n893-8PsvlIL4rcaOsxjG9FNWUEGLdauC-ECCKS1Uxd2ZifovEt7SBQVaek1pvLxShfuWSEDN0an1hPJedo7GgpyjgXuc4wEJOjhHEz5zzkn0Erijey4yWiw2s2VKWQLYfdpLbRKQt9oEwEC3SbpatCaivW288GVrajgs7FQVf0WQ0GeHkhP-QZJpwb_pc5h1pBsVK14WwCDWYJDV0-VGpLE6QqqW5pYmZQyrS0_9xISv6UolfNWMqN5ql_iHSE-Z6sqgbYViy1gnipGUJH4458mCdhLSieIyLZS3RNo61t74APRH1UGekRxyVuv9BBWwQ4MFXKeLpcxUew6X8owEbsuScNHBmB0cLGLKHxVyqacK0Q09IbvT_2DvflnQ7McGzP8nOEjARZaUhU49sIznFL-KGfSqqUtfjVc5L2S1eEZYLCqW4ywvpZVVI5N4SBn7mpWre9271393W7iNXKUi_npfzud6jrKVMkU1_F1cXl6c3Y0_XzQkM1oVEivmjJFcUDVYZSmzrVRdzLSwmSqesQSg1ZjQDFzHsV9IERepct9xqB4KAKpWI9ZxnJ5-ADAVB8Io1EV3m5zqiAuYl5radRxbjTkAXD2VQMyqZh-I02lMNgDcU1sAwF4wOkqZPoIgfpqo9K3PLghanSVFel9KUEZVrTpAA920AsxqN28ATesGAcC3aaGOI5uKDckndTwDfX9O51RlKWiHVrv-jjzQrKln29o1qLaHsIQqald0JU43aqS91J56NuT-BBjasihVyUronJRMr_9VEpbKTSNzt35dv6eqVsWSP87KPK856S0plLevr-snIyYbJlrM0J4TJuokGNwVlFqk6pF0V6araW2yumm_sxonuspbmSqnQne0Ica2JRVx6-0Yws2Lrxqs-bwaXCRq0yU3mq5Xr3y6va4uXi2lzMXbXu_x8fEkJ3LJ5_S76jlPYr7q5YqN0ulNVfLfaEG9kfo51R-j4bBi1NtyGtRv0ETNtrmrdNWaIN9BoQqWpKtasd4BHEJqfDqO81GIXQjO9UIMwDlOFEH4uaEfRBB-GCEALHL7EK9g3wdZi10XZi2KQgg_x40gVmAceBCxGPkw9fzA8QA4z0MRJFncqB9CcAijAIILIh8k1g9DB4RTdoDc7GNIONy-2--DwtGHiEWOjzDIDByBoquyxYdEN_JCSBYgNwLJjYIogKgXugFErBMFyAElM4p8UEXDfQ-Ec8IQVNECF1RbcBRGILm-D7EDBQ6CVUhwDQpgJ4ILkuuqfIaki4dUkYTY2_cwJA9Q6GJQ2isFA1BR80PYiRX4IDsc5IOqC1IMITgX-aC8cjAovP0Ae6CjMgIVST9CoBrpBPuyZdBrdTvqRjVqVdupOzl9ccPVIKCf6cXtTdXnfU7poyWomj6XM6kGZ9v6wfnqn6qx023iB0rkhORNS6mfNS0mbhpMNeWdp2osKarmeNupauDfW_0GY6WuaDpKfT2jsvpSsxRUtdE8S75QkvOsWtZy6tG9Bh4EVZ02ajrKGePbMb-GWWj2SHJrdL8RgjCrceOeiO0jfU7mwMheRp1yLoWhQvtsOaLUKWWyI8ml6tMfLAxSydmnEjZzL8wJzh8ic82U9M2k-ebeNMmnIxH4QNmKyq6C9mSSbyLnSPpdMb7W7w-7M8bmuwiZyHPNcgGZZZ57PDwQx3Zluy-9DA0H1R3PQB-DGoiPiUk2Vv1KqmP49nvZKL88EyLQloQEwshOz9itjkHcfbOdhM3SF3fPMte87BvkNDJ2PoYkhAsBGaj9G80PMJLmUfANstI8DL-RLtCSrGmBuwYONfDcbZotYJ1A50Jx0L2G5QIeTxNzMMBPyDwMrrG3PBNrIPvFPMmPqDRalWzP2TboNTNkNQtXQ2j1PTLP5ulCIQa95__u-x9aeUHc

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if this will get BV nerfed. For how quickly they buried Spellslinger, I'm surprised how long they've left BV in its current state.