Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Wonder if this will get BV nerfed. For how quickly they buried Spellslinger, I'm surprised how long they've left BV in its current state.

Have there been nerfs specifically to BV? I remember it being nerfed when the as extra mods were nerfed but that's it. The only way I've ever liked the skill is with self curse and now with enough MS. I can see cold bv pathfinder being the major meta next league if it doesn't see any nerfs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Have there been nerfs specifically to BV? I remember it being nerfed when the as extra mods were nerfed but that's it. The only way I've ever liked the skill is with self curse and now with enough MS. I can see cold bv pathfinder being the major meta next league if it doesn't see any nerfs.
They dinged the base damage and effectiveness of added damage the same patch(3.6) they did the same to worb, before nuking worb the next patch. BV has been the same ever since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hatred is what needs the actual nerf. No idea why it just gets to be several orders of magnitude better than every other offensive aura.

BV conceptually is such a boring fucking skill to me I doubt I'll ever actually play it regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hatred is what needs the actual nerf. No idea why it just gets to be several orders of magnitude better than every other offensive aura.

BV conceptually is such a boring fucking skill to me I doubt I'll ever actually play it regardless of how ridiculous it is.
The annoyance of having to maintain a skill that is incongruous with the flow of battle is definitely a major thorn for any build that utilizes it. I'll consider numerically inferior builds if they represent a major improvement in QoL. Poet's Pen and Spellslinger or CoC are vastly superior methods of playing 1-2 combo skills than actually playing them "as intended".

• 1Solidarity

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Ok, I need some help harvest crafting. My end goal is to craft a thicket bow with this:

[Pre] +1 to Level of Socketed Gems (Gem)
[Pre] Socketed Skills Deal 20% more attack damage (Attack, Gem)
[Pre] Damage Penetrated 7% Elemental Resistances (Elemental Damage, Elemental)
[Suf] 1% increased Projectile Attack Damage per 200 Acc Rating (Attack)
[Suf] 10% Increased Attack Speed / 6% Double Damage (Attack, Speed)

How can I create this through harvest crafting?

I have at the moment, a shaperbow with:

--------
Adds 39 to 69 Cold Damage
Adds 12 to 196 Lightning Damage
6% increased Attack Speed
41% increased Projectile Speed
18% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
Damage Penetrates 12% Elemental Resistances
--------

And an elder bow with:

--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
--------

I need to get an alder prefix on it, and I know I need to awakener orb it so the +1 Gems will probably go away. But how do I go from here? I've tried to do this through craft of exile but it doesnt seem to work right (eg: Suffix cannot be changes still adds suffixes, etc).

Dick around with crafting for free on the emulator.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
It's fun to search around for what people are up to on POE ninja sometimes, and when I saw this and plugged it into POB it raised my eyebrows a bit. It's a Cyclone + vengeance build, with vengeance doing up to 25M dps if I'm looking at it right (18.XM hit including impale x 1.36 attack rate from a .73 sec cooldown on vengeance).

giphy.gif

EDIT: there's something odd there though, you plug that build in and it says they're 6 points over the 123 point cap on POB. Anyone know what's going on there? Some display error or something?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's fun to search around for what people are up to on POE ninja sometimes, and when I saw this and plugged it into POB it raised my eyebrows a bit. It's a Cyclone + vengeance build, with vengeance doing up to 25M dps if I'm looking at it right (18.XM hit including impale x 1.36 attack rate from a .73 sec cooldown on vengeance).

giphy.gif

EDIT: there's something odd there though, you plug that build in and it says they're 6 points over the 123 point cap on POB. Anyone know what's going on there? Some display error or something?
PoB assumes they allocate every point in a cluster.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So....weeks or maybe months behind but I finally poked Maven.. That's a fun fucking fight except for last phase memory game. Surely that gets changed because the obvious play is to just die and kill her. Also its another fight that tells me the HC guys are a step above.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So....weeks or maybe months behind but I finally poked Maven.. That's a fun fucking fight except for last phase memory game. Surely that gets changed because the obvious play is to just die and kill her. Also its another fight that tells me the HC guys are a step above.

They need to remove the memory part from the last phase. Better yet, get rid of it altogether; the fight would be fine without it.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The HC strat for the last memory game is to just log out for it. If you don't care about the challenges, you can just burn a portal to avoid it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

The HC strat for the last memory game is to just log out for it. If you don't care about the challenges, you can just burn a portal to avoid it.
So I feel like an obvious change would be to make you go through that after death anyway. But yeah that’s the worst part of what is a very fun fight. Much better than Sirus.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's hard to believe that the same company came up with Sirus and then designed Maven - Worlds apart. I like that the barrier to entry for Maven isn't ridiculous and everyone who gets to end game can grab multiple pulls on her to learn her with relative ease. The end games in the best place it's ever been imo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

I mean the same people that designed one of the best fights in ARPG history (Uber Elder) also designed Sirus. In fact, I honestly think Sirus is the odd man out. Fucking Mastermind is amazing compared to Sirus.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As opaque and as complicated as Path of Exile is it is, ultimately, pretty fair. It doesn't mind that I'm bad and it doesn't mind that I skipped a bunch of leagues and it doesn't mind that I barely know fuck about shit. I can still muddle along learning a bit as I go.

Speaking as a shitter Sirus feels like the game telling me personally to fuck off. You know what kid? You're just not very good at this. Maybe it would be better for the both of us if did something else with your time? No? You sure? You just got offscreened the millisecond you ran back. Again. On your last portal. You say you want a salty runback? Sure. Run 40 maps and we'll talk. It actually drives me crazy that the last bit of epilogue is gated behind that fuck.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Considering most of the population copy and pastes streamer builds, the complexity does not impact many.

I prefer the freedom of choice in builds at the cost of complexity. Even if it means something complex can fail or not be as good as something simple.

The bloat of "things that spawn in zone with mechanic to read guide on" is there tho. I started seeing them as pinata that does thing. You ain't off base.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's bloat but only if you feel like you need to do the stuff. I'd prefer to have the choice and skip the mechanic if desired than not have the option at all. Is it a pain for new players, sure, but the games always been pretty brutal for beginners. Most mechanics are simple, blight, metas, legion etc which aren't really that taxing on the brain as it's kill shit and loot stuff.

If you're that interested, and you've made it to maps spending 30 mins watching a video explaining betrayal or heist mechanics isn't really a big deal.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless you're doing alvas or some other juice for your 100% Deli maps i don't see what league mechanic has a better return than speed farming for harvests, valdo harbys or legions in watchamacallit zone anyway.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Unless you're doing alvas or some other juice for your 100% Deli maps i don't see what league mechanic has a better return than speed farming for harvests, valdo harbys or legions in watchamacallit zone anyway.

*scribbles furiously*

• 1Like