Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty happy with the harvest nerfs. Shit was so tedious to do. Barely used that in harvest league, barely use it this league.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn’t harvest have abysmal retention? Heist is easily the worst league I’ve played since I joined which was delve. It was so bad I did the bare minimum to get the heist challenge done and hid all but blueprints in case I came across some nutty one to sell on the open market. Fucking A. Actual harvest and heist content suck ass. Nothing Oshabi drops is worth a shit. It was really an overall shit league as was heist. Ritual is big because it’s in map and the maven is fun. I actually think the maven questlines are a bit too long for my taste but meh.

Thinking back on harvest this league, I just sold all my best crafts tbh. I only used remove/add chaos to tweak up chaos resist.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck man I can’t really comprehend crafting without harvest to be honest, and I couldn’t justify it before this league for that reason. I couldn’t understand how people had enough money to throw for YOLO and fail over and over. You can get a decent base pretty easily but it seemed like before this league it was a colossal money and time sink in the hands of RNG Gods after that. There’s little tricks and methods to alleviate some of it and I understand that, but Jesus man I still feel like I’m gambling half the time even with harvest shit. Targeted annuls are definitely the ‘easiest’ part of it, aside from blocking things to get a guaranteed mod or whatever. Outside of that though, I sunk tons of ex into my bow, chest piece and multiple other projects because the harvest crafts I was going for were expensive and I got terrible fucking rolls over and over. Even that felt better and cheaper and easier on my sanity though than the process before. Even when I found crafts myself, it was nice, but only if I hit something usable which only happened a couple times (outside of the currency exchange/other stuff obviously). And even after all that time and money, there are probably easily two dozen more crafts I could do (about 10, maybe more just on the gear I’m wearing) just to finish them up and I’m not even close.

Granted I don’t have the play time of a college kid like I used to and I understand there’s always a pretty big chasm between the ‘average’ players and the hardcore base, but holy fuck it is absolutely staggering in this game. That doesn’t usually intimidate me or make me one of the whiners or anything, but it’s really crazy how much of this entire game is a roll of the dice down to just making an OKAY piece of gear. I’m not even talking about the insanity and expensive process of a mirror tier item.

I guess the thing is I don’t really have an issue with them changing or nerfing harvest, but I wish some of the other methods in crafting would change slightly to make up for it. Like if I had to combine the usage of an essence or fossils/resonators with bench crafting and currency or whatever other league methods for more targeted results (or something similar) then that’d be fine. Or really if there was just a more targeted way of guaranteeing certain classes of mods and annulling some but not others, I don’t know, fucking anything. But it really seems to all come down to crossing your fingers almost* the entire process, where one wrong mod or something along the way bricks your entire efforts. Then there’s also the issue of straight up running out of currency. I know that seems out of view for a lot of high end players, but I can’t fathom just dumping stacks of exalts and annuls or whatever else into something and still be left with an absolute dogshit item, like what the fuck? Doesn’t feel good man.

That being said I understand how powerful harvest is like this, but I didn’t really understand the issue it ‘caused’. Lots of people have lots of more powerful items? Ok. If one decent crafting method that supplies results that are considered too strong simply because they allow for more targeted crafts, then that tells me they will probably never have or want a system that allows it and it will always be mostly (and in some cases 100%) RNG. Which sucks to me and is a pretty huge put off. On the flip side, you can just grind out the currency and buy shit but it is a million times more fun and satisfying to make something yourself (to me) and the amount of grinding the fill slots on a character is mind numbing when you’re doing it with shit gear.

Another point that brings up is that why the fuck does everything that drops on the ground suck absolute porcupine dick 99.999% of the time? If crafting is meant to be this time consuming, specific gambling process then why can’t I be expected to go find some actual good gear on the ground in an ARPG? Lol. Currency drops plenty for the most part IMO, that’s cool, but that leads to either trading or...more gambling. I cannot fucking remember the last time I found an item on the ground outside of leveling the Acts or my first couple of maps that I actually used and was *good*. If there’s like 1,500 Uniques in this game, then what, like 1,200 are pretty much trash? That’s crazy. The fact that my game CRASHES WHEN I TRY TO PICK UP LOOT WHEN I BYPASS MY FILTER and there is NOTHING to pick up out of thousands and thousands of items...this shared experience among every PoE player who maps is ridiculous horseshit and also causes unnecessary performance issues. We like loot explosions, I get it, everyone does. But god damn.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I tried to make a damage per power charge (elder I think it was) wand one time. Spent like 5ex in alts before I gave up.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm fairly certain I could not afford the build I am playing now, at least to the level it is equipped, in a post-harvest-nerf league. Several of the items would probably be close to mirror tier once the difficulty of crafting them is increased.

The 30-40% deflation on exalts was kinda nice too.

• 3Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't really get the issue with it either, crafting's still a massive fucking currency sink and is owning a couple of mirror tier items (if you are super lucky) really that game-breaking compared to some of the shit we've seen over the leagues?

It just seems like they want to make crafting as tedious as possible and promote trading. It's them saying we won't allow you to make this specific item for your build, so you're gonna have to grind currency to buy it from someone who made it already.

They nerfed the shit out of fossils a while ago as they said that shit was too powerful but if you ask me that's all relative and they have no clue cause nobody at GGG actually plays the fucking game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm effectively done on the cold BV pathfinder(Better than aura stacker?!?!?!) if anyone I know wants to try out the gear set. I might run some more mavens and delve to 250 first but that should only take a day. I'm confident the build is capable of hitting 1.2k+ in delve. I still have a full set of hollow palm gear that I used to lvl a pathfinder, too.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be a case where people are not so used to harvest gear going backward is going to ruin the game for many people, very much like removing headhunter would be for people like me.

You put these things in the game, and then take them away, you're going to lose the players whom had the most fun with these items.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm effectively done on the cold BV pathfinder(Better than aura stacker?!?!?!) if anyone I know wants to try out the gear set. I might run some more mavens and delve to 250 first but that should only take a day. I'm confident the build is capable of hitting 1.2k+ in delve. I still have a full set of hollow palm gear that I used to lvl a pathfinder, too.

I would love to build my accuracy stacker but I'm getting demoralized of having to sit on discord and figure out this tft only to craft things that would make the build worthy anyway. I can't even straight up buy the gear I need for it, unless I get a gimped version of it, and the whole point of the build is to not be gimped..

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I still don't know what I am doing with it but hobbling through the end game Harvest is one of the few mechanics that keeps me plugging away. Getting through The Formed took all my portals but I did it. The Hidden was a solid one minute thirty of four demons fucking my ear holes and eyes holes. Rather than just packing it in for the season Harvest provides me with some direction and a path to advancement where before I would be pretty lost after hitting a wall. When people say Harvest is too good I believe them but without it I'm not sure what the game expects of me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
GGG seems completely bonkers to me if they think that harvest 'wasn't enough RNG' as implemented. They really think spending 1000's of alts... or ANY currency is a good idea? You're sitting there looking for 1 specific thing and it takes you an hour of repetitions to get that thing. Success! But then the next step you get unlucky on the 500th application of the next currency needed and you have to start over with another 1000 alts.

I saw path of matth's vid about this and agree completely on all points. ESPECIALLY the point about having only a few builds capable of endgame. As others here have mentioned, the new endgame is NUTS. Pushing through those changes means you'll cut the number of builds capable of Maven and those fights by about 60% I bet. Making harvest essentially pointless just puts up a giant wall in a place where there shouldn't be one. It could maybe use a little nerf, sure, but this guts it completely.

The vid:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
PoE desperately needs a crafting system like PSO2 has in respects for crafting other peoples things.

In PSO2, you pick the crafter that has the skills you want from a searchable list. You go to their personal quarters (aka hideout) and you use their crafting terminal to select what you want based on what the crafter is capable of, put the item in (which doesn't transfer it, its just that it sits in this compartment), pay the fee to the terminal that the crafter wants, and put any components or other items in the terminal for consumption of the craft (eg: 3c for trigger craft). Then, the crafter simply goes to their terminal, sees your request, and clicks one button to make the craft. You get a notification the craft was made, crafter gets their fee, and you get your shit. Nothing trades hands directly.

It's ingenious, and every fucking crafting shit in any game should work that way.

And hell will freeze over before GGG Ever does anything remotely close to that.

• 2Like
  • 1Ding!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are still some crafts you can do on influence items..
for example you can guarantee explodey mod by having the 2 other phys mods (phys as lightning and thorns) and the last prefix slot empty. Then craft prefixes cannot be changed and hit it with the harvest phys reforge (the chaos orb)...That guarantees explodey. And similarly you can do 3 crafted mods+suff and pref cant be changed on a hunter ammy and use chaos reforge to get +1 chaos gems and chaos multi or resist.
And the reforge keep pref / suff are still decent i guess.
So it won't be totally useless and for one it's good that they give exalts some crafting use again.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
thregin i dont think so.

From Chris's post -

Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item.

I believe the last part is referring to the tier 4 craft (aug/remove influence etc)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
basically, unless im misunderstanding it, influence harvest crafting is mostly dead other than t4 crafts, and the 'reforge suffix, keep prefixes' or vice versa craft

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm, guess i didnt read that well enough cause figured that only referred to the augs but i suppose i don't know. damn
Just gut reaction i didnt think theyd prohibit even the reforges