Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Delete harvest.

Add flavored exalt and annul orbs, IE fire exalt, cold annul, etc.

Make them only drop from bosses similar to conq orbs? Or add them as an enchant reward for some of the juiced labs or something idk.

They can get people to pony up or a new currency slot with this idea too - make it the harvest currency slot or some shit.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
My main issue with the game right now is the lack of structured crafting system. Basically every league add a new game plan, that's fine and all, but in the long run POE feel like the game is patched with small DLC not well integrated within the core game.

Overall GGG should really re-think the way they tell their player-base how to use some of their game features. I don't mind almost unattainable high-end stuff, if it's well explained within the game and/or simple enough to understand without watching 134 tutorials on Youtube.

Btw, the POE community must be terrible at that too, since all the tuto i've seen are crap and don't explain shit.

Harvest didnt make SSF viable. It made SSF players able to have the same gear as if they were playing a trade league. At that point, what was even the point of the ssf league?

The point of SSF was to split the community even more.

Also i wonder if someone will find a solution one day to keep players focused on their non-league characters.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
You'll never convince me that that fat fuck Neon isn't running a massive RMT side hustle.

It's the only thing that tracks for why some of the insane shit stays the way it is.
Neon is just part of the old guard that has some dated idea of what their game should be. But, I would be surprised if they didn't have someone in a mid-level RMTing to augment their pay. Also, if a good portion of QA wasn't doing so as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Neon is just part of the old guard that has some dated idea of what their game should be. But, I would be surprised if they didn't have someone in a mid-level RMTing to augment their pay. Also, if a good portion of QA wasn't doing so as well.
Neon is part of the old guard? Chris has explicitly used him as a scapegoat for PoE's current loot explosions.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't he one of the first year devs?

Neon wasn't part of the original dev team. He was a top alpha/closed beta player who GGG recruited to be on their QA team and he moved up from there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Delete harvest.

Add flavored exalt and annul orbs, IE fire exalt, cold annul, etc.

Make them only drop from bosses similar to conq orbs? Or add them as an enchant reward for some of the juiced labs or something idk.

Please don't be a game developer. You want them to delete harvest, then put something in place that is even easier than harvest.

Weird.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This was a take I enjoyed.

Screenshot_20210312-150731.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Looking into unique heavy builds now. Any suggestions? Throw anything at me. Don’t care what skill or style. Going to pile up a list and see how many are viable for me personally, if at all.

I think there’s a self chill/freeze build with Winterheart that uses like 80% of uniques in slot but I might be remembering wrong. Either way, I’m curious to see if I can leaguestart a classic build to farm red maps and buy some cheap as shit uniques for my next proper build and avoid crafting and things in general as much as possible. They will never be as strong as builds that run crafted gear, obviously, but if I can find or make something fun that can just atleast complete some bare minimum end game stuff.

I haven’t played it, but my next thing is to try a Hollow Palm build. It seems like the no brainer decision for leveling, but also might be reasonable to scale at higher levels to accomplish what I want. I will be satisfied just toasting T16s and killing shit like guardians and Elder/Shaper/Atziri, etc. Personally, totally fine if I can’t do 100% Deli and Maven/Invitations, deathless A9 Sirus, etc. Have been looking into the Ice Crash version, seems like a lot of fun for me. Open to any other cool skill/suggestions for it.

Wish I was on PC so I had some people to play with and some of you guys could help me out and vise versa. Hard to maintain active, cool players on console who have similar mindsets and just want to share gear and ideas and whatnot. I’m getting old and interacting with strangers is more annoying more often tha

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I've not thought about the whole harvest thing a lot since I didn't play that league so take the following take with that grain of salt.

In the original harvest, you collected seeds, planted them, then they spawned mobs and you killed them and you got the same crafting options as they are now, right? The seeds had various levels of rarity and the quantity was generally pretty high due to seeds dropping through the acts and then maps.

So, the roadblock to having too much crafting available to too many players was the rarity of the seeds that gave you high level/valuable crafts.

Now in ritual, the roadblock is not the rarity of seeds, but the combined rarity of getting harvest in a map and for the rarer/valuable crafts to actually drop. IF it does drop though after the stars have aligned in your favor, the craft is essentially free. It's also sellable by saving the craft into your horticraft station.

With this in mind, what's the difference between using a stored horticraft that you got lucky on and the crafting bench? Quantity (the ten storage limit) and rarity (only a few players get the valuable crafts at any one time). Fundamentally, the crafting bench and the horticraft station are the same thing: you get access to a crafting option and then click a button for your reward. The players have solved the limitations on quantity and rarity themselves by using the TFT discord to get the players that possess the valuable crafts to be able to link up with people who want them since there is no way in game to do this. If you really want to have these crafts but limit them by quantity and rarity, why not just do that via currency cost instead of adding so many extra steps and forcing the players to collude in third party apps to accomplish what should be available in game? Hell, they already had that system in place with seeds (another currency) and they ditched the currency side of it in their attempts to fix it when they should have been looking at the other aspects of harvest when it comes to a sensible limitation on the valuable crafts.

What's holding GGG back I think in this case is IMO hubris: they are unable to admit that the entire idea behind harvest was a failure, but the rewards for putting up with this tedium were what made it worth it now in Ritual. Rather than admit they were wrong and add a better/less tedious way to access the same rewards, they are getting rid of the rewards themselves and in the process giving the finger to their player base while heavily hinting that it's the players' fault for this nerf for colluding on third party apps. The fact that players are going around this intended limitation is probably what is driving the devs' actions, not players possessing these powerful crafts. There's no 'difficulty' involved with putting things behind layers and layers of RNG. Luck =/= difficulty. The top end players will still have this level of gear, so this really only changes things for the mid-to-low-mid tier players. IE: the vast majority of their player base.

We'll see if whatever they come up with for the next league is good enough to distract the playerbase from their shitty attitude. In the mean time, I have a suspicion that the backlash is having an effect, but you never know.

• 2Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Just go with a build that doesn't require harvest crafting. I'm leaning toward EDC. It can farm legions and clear the game in junk SSF gear.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Just go with a build that doesn't require harvest crafting. I'm leaning toward EDC. It can farm legions and clear the game in junk SSF gear.
GC totems!

Let's gooooooo!

Just kidding, I'm not playing again until GGG can fix their bullshit to make it so that I spend more time playing the goddamn game then I spend on the trade site or on Craft of Exile figuring out how fucked I am trying to "craft" gear.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Please don't be a game developer. You want them to delete harvest, then put something in place that is even easier than harvest.

Weird.

It fixes all the shitty parts of harvest, which is the weird horticrafting station/grove nonsense, as well as discord crap.

The currencies already exist, no reason not to use them instead of some janky half-crafting-bench setup.

You can adjust the droprate of them to whatever is desired, that's not the point.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m 5 blighted maps from 36/40. I will end up at 37 I think once I do feared tomorrow assuming I don’t wipe. Debating rolling one more character. Sitting on about 30ex.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GC totems!

Let's gooooooo!

Just kidding, I'm not playing again until GGG can fix their bullshit to make it so that I spend more time playing the goddamn game then I spend on the trade site or on Craft of Exile figuring out how fucked I am trying to "craft" gear.

I always find these kind of arguments interesting. You've chosen to play the game in a certain way, spending more time looking at trade sites and craft of exile than playing the game, so its the companies fault you arn't having fun.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I always find these kind of arguments interesting. You've chosen to play the game in a certain way, spending more time looking at trade sites and craft of exile than playing the game, so its the companies fault you arn't having fun.
It’s not an argument he’s making. Its how he feels about those particular aspects of the game and they are deeply rooted in the foundation of everything the game has to offer. It happens to be a negative feeling so you apparently feel the need to call him out (or us, whatever) as whiners or some bullshit as if we don’t have an incredibly well reasoned basis for our complaints.

You’ve cherry picked one post, incredibly tame and small by the way, out of literally dozens of well written and thought out, thoroughly explained posts by the same amount of different users here from all types of leagues, skill sets, and experience. Those posts you’re ignoring describe every aspect of why these changes in particular and in general outside of Harvest are detrimental to them (us) and why it’s a fucking problem and why it’s so fucking annoying.

Yeah bro, why don’t I just spend less time trading and less time crafting? Holy fuck, why didn’t I think of that? Guess I’ll go find all the shit I want or need out in those maps that drop exactly that! Hell yeah brother! You fucking idiot.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Okay man, as a person who has less than 15 hours a week to spend playing the game on softcore trade league how am I supposed to meaningfully progress my character past the hard wall of no crafting and a fucking broken trade experience? I would love to just play the game solo and complete all my goal of 36/40 but not only is that barely possible as it currently stands, but it is going to be fully impossible without major changes.

Is your argument that 60 hours a month in the league shouldn't be enough to complete the challenges? How exactly do you propose gear progression when the trade site has been literally broken nearly this entire league? What fucking way can I "choose" to play the game that lets me bypass this bullshit without being stuck playing one of a handful of mostly boring as hell builds that can deal with the lack of gear?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is your argument that 60 hours a month in the league shouldn't be enough to complete the challenges?

Purely on the topic of those challenges - Yes, that play time is probably cutting it close. The challenges as designed are pretty grindy, and that has little to do with your gear or whether you craft or trade, once you have a certain level of gear on your character. Is your problem getting through yellow maps? No? Once you are doing red maps, all the challenges are just a matter of time.

If you want to open an argument about 36/40 being too time intensive, then I am actually on your side. My last 36 was years ago. But, that's my casual-ass point of view, and plenty of players would see no problem with 36/40. On the matter of challenges, I've not been held back by gear, only my own time. There are always those "do a few more hundred runs of the league mechanic", "just do another 1000 map bosses" type of challenges that stop me from getting 36. And that's just grind.