Path of Exile

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
bro you’re not a streamer, you don't have to do this

You're saying this to a dude who trips over himself to suck GGG's dick in almost every scenario. You had to know he was going to respond like a total shill.

Edit: see above, I was totally right.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Making a bit more progress hitting a portal scroll after I do every single fucking step of every single fucking thing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't confuse my contempt for how retarded the average PoE redditor/FoH shitposter is for thinking GGG does no wrong. They do dumb stuff all the time and this is a clusterfuck of a launch, ESPECIALLY after the last league was basically perfect.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Always fun to see Xevy fight fire with stupid. People can have different reasons for caring about willful favoritism. That someone doesn't care about racing or the economy doesn't mean it's not important to others. And none of that is justification to marginalize their complaints.

GGG had a shitstorm on their hands and then made some very poor and public decisions regarding it. They deserve all the criticism they are getting for it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Always fun to see Xevy fight fire with stupid. People can have different reasons for caring about willful favoritism. That someone doesn't care about racing or the economy doesn't mean it's not important to others. And none of that is justification to marginalize their complaints.

GGG had a shitstorm on their hands and then made some very poor and public decisions regarding it. They deserve all the criticism they are getting for it.
Exactly. And how about if everyone that bitches does "get the fuck out of the community?" good fucking luck. They're a business first. They just made some very fucking stupid business decisions.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tried logging in a few times. Each time it would say trying to log in from a different location, get code from email. It would send email, enter code and unlock. Same thing again the next time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Exactly. And how about if everyone that bitches does "get the fuck out of the community?" good fucking luck. They're a business first. They just made some very fucking stupid business decisions.
Explain the bad business decision.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Even Zizaran is calling this a fucking shitshow, and was against streamer priority (and in fact, isn't getting it). Ziz is fucking livid, which shows how far off anyone that defends this is.

Caeden

Streamer priority is a bad business decision. Hiding it was a bad business decision. Screenshots exist of Bex whispering damn Mathil about it. GGG has mostly had a great rep. They're in bed with Tencent now, and for good reason. The game has grown leaps and bounds the past 2-3 years, but to think this type of shit won't cause comments or distrust which invariably lead to people spending less time and money on the game is delusional or evidence of someone who has never been in actual business.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Even Zizaran is calling this a fucking shitshow, and was against streamer priority (and in fact, isn't getting it). Ziz is fucking livid, which shows how far off anyone that defends this is.
Ziz bitches about every league and praises the same league depending how many times he's died.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Streamer priority is a bad business decision. Hiding it was a bad business decision. Screenshots exist of Bex whispering damn Mathil about it. GGG has mostly had a great rep. They're in bed with Tencent now, and for good reason. The game has grown leaps and bounds the past 2-3 years, but to think this type of shit won't cause comments or distrust which invariably lead to people spending less time and money on the game is delusional or evidence of someone who has never been in actual business.
A: so everyone watching, the 200k viewers today, should spend their time watching no one play? That, is in fact, a bad business decision.
B: I'm pretty sure streamer queues have been a thing for a year or more. A relic from another league launch people didn't play, don't remember, or choose not to. I don't know who just found out today about it, but it's probably because queue's only seemed to exist for 1/2 the leagues and this is one of them.
C: The Tencent shit is great. Tencent bought them to buy their game. They run the Chinese client with whatever the fuck they want over there and take what they want from the Western client and tweak it for the asian market, not vice versa. China has all sorts of crazy shit for P2Win and QoL stuff that Chris refuses to add in. If they were in bed with Tencent fully they'd be selling the 100 dollar auto looting pets and shitting gold bricks.

It's the mob mentality that's fucking awful. Basically the video game SJW equivalent. Cry louder, cry harder, make everything the way I want it now!

Having the most visible people able to play their game IF people can play their game is a GOOD business decision. Is it the honorable one? Probably not. It's bad for the economy and honest racing, but 99.9% of this is just jealous butthurt outcry and the second you lend and credence to that shit you just fire up the Reddit Weepers with more power.

• 1Moron
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It makes a lot of business sense until you're six hours in to the servers being trash and the villagers are assembling the pitchforks and torches.

Caeden

A: so everyone watching, the 200k viewers today, should spend their time watching no one play? That, is in fact, a bad business decision.
B: I'm pretty sure streamer queues have been a thing for a year or more. A relic from another league launch people didn't play, don't remember, or choose not to. I don't know who just found out today about it, but it's probably because queue's only seemed to exist for 1/2 the leagues and this is one of them.
C: The Tencent shit is great. Tencent bought them to buy their game. They run the Chinese client with whatever the fuck they want over there and take what they want from the Western client and tweak it for the asian market, not vice versa. China has all sorts of crazy shit for P2Win and QoL stuff that Chris refuses to add in. If they were in bed with Tencent fully they'd be selling the 100 dollar auto looting pets and shitting gold bricks.

It's the mob mentality that's fucking awful. Basically the video game SJW equivalent. Cry louder, cry harder, make everything the way I want it now!

Having the most visible people able to play their game IF people can play their game is a GOOD business decision. Is it the honorable one? Probably not. It's bad for the economy and honest racing, but 99.9% of this is just jealous butthurt outcry and the second you lend and credence to that shit you just fire up the Reddit Weepers with more power.
A: Yes. Absolutely. They spend multiple manifestos and posts talking about the brutal fairness of the game. At this point in the game's life cycle, the streamers need them. In 2014 that was the other way around. Empy's group fully getting in automatically made me not buy a supporter pack this league. I buy one EVERY FUCKING LEAGUE. I hate watching people play video games. I want to play, but if everyone can equally not play. I don't care. I go do other shit around the house.
B: So just fucking say it. Why hush hush? Saying it loud and clear is less of a bad business decision.
C: I didn't say Tencent is bad. I wouldn't necessarily sing the praises of that transaction from a game benefit standpoint. I think its going to be more akin to Activision-Blizzard if something goes wrong eventually. Tencent owns them enough to decide when they will sell 100 dollar auto looting pets.

But I'll disagree on visible people playing being a good business decision. It would have been less bad had they been open about it. Doesn't affect me. I play a month longer than most people. I don't race. I don't game the economy. I still do all the bosses each league and get between 24 and 36 challenges. I could care less I can't play now.

LiquidDeath

Jesus you're fucking dense.

As a professional in IT change management, the bad business decision they made was letting some idiot fucking DBA convince them to apply a major database upgrade concurrently with the new patch, regardless of what their "testing" showed. It should have been done after the league start was smoothly in the books.

That was just their first bad business decision, though, and plenty more flowed from their poor handling of the fallout.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
Jesus you're fucking dense.

As a professional in IT change management,
HOLY FUCK AN IT GUY???? ON OUR FORUMS! Holy shit! Did you let GGG know? You could probably give them really good insight to the current and future launches!

Quick, post on Reddit!

• 1Cringe

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
While we wait, any suggestions for a really easy build, not going to do any end game stuff. Not going for clear speed. Just dont have the brain power to get heavily into it now.

But it's clear players are the testers now. Or maybe even just a subset of players, streamers.

LiquidDeath

HOLY FUCK AN IT GUY???? ON OUR FORUMS! Holy shit! Did you let GGG know? You could probably give them really good insight to the current and future launches!

Quick, post on Reddit!

I mean, yeah.

They literally violated the first rule of IT change management.

Rule 1: Don't make any unnecessary releases into the production environment during the only time you can't afford to deal with the consequences of a failure.

Also, despite you acting like a giant condescending faggot about it, I guarantee that GGG doesn't have close to the necessary level of change control in their production environment. This little incident may spur them in the right direction, though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And you don't even play this game?

?

ive been playing since beta and my first post in this thread was five years ago bro

granted I play a lot less and spend zero money after this great studio was bought up by a communist piece of shit enemy country

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard