Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
maybe i misunderstood something but being grouped doesnt seem to stop the crashes. atleast not for me

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Posted by Chris himself lol:

a9Qn6If.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A: so everyone watching, the 200k viewers today, should spend their time watching no one play? That, is in fact, a bad business decision.
B: I'm pretty sure streamer queues have been a thing for a year or more. A relic from another league launch people didn't play, don't remember, or choose not to. I don't know who just found out today about it, but it's probably because queue's only seemed to exist for 1/2 the leagues and this is one of them.
C: The Tencent shit is great. Tencent bought them to buy their game. They run the Chinese client with whatever the fuck they want over there and take what they want from the Western client and tweak it for the asian market, not vice versa. China has all sorts of crazy shit for P2Win and QoL stuff that Chris refuses to add in. If they were in bed with Tencent fully they'd be selling the 100 dollar auto looting pets and shitting gold bricks.

It's the mob mentality that's fucking awful. Basically the video game SJW equivalent. Cry louder, cry harder, make everything the way I want it now!

Having the most visible people able to play their game IF people can play their game is a GOOD business decision. Is it the honorable one? Probably not. It's bad for the economy and honest racing, but 99.9% of this is just jealous butthurt outcry and the second you lend and credence to that shit you just fire up the Reddit Weepers with more power.

To answer your questions:

A. GGG has always been about fairness, in fact I recall a league was restarted (or mega-rolled back) because of some bug that caused fairness to be thrown completely out of whack at day 1. This not only is incredibly unfair, but it is a terrible business decision. I cannot believe you're saying the 200k viewers today should watch no one play? Do you think these 200k viewers are not ALSO trying to play the game at the same time? So now you've got them watching these streamers play, while fucking staring at a queue screeen in their own game
B. No, they haven't been. They might have been a thing in the middle of the league, but at Ritual start, it absolutely wasn't. And with this league, you can see streamers sitting in the queue at the very start of this league when word got around they could cancel it and try again and it'll work. They thought it was a jebait, but tried it and sure as fuck it worked. This shit was implemented right after league launch I'd bet.
C. I'm not even going to address this shit show.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

A. GGG has always been about fairness, in fact I recall a league was restarted (or mega-rolled back) because of some bug that caused fairness to be thrown completely out of whack at day 1. This not only is incredibly unfair, but it is a terrible business decision. I cannot believe you're saying the 200k viewers today should watch no one play? Do you think these 200k viewers are not ALSO trying to play the game at the same time? So now you've got them watching these streamers play, while fucking staring at a queue screeen in their own game
B. No, they haven't been. They might have been a thing in the middle of the league, but at Ritual start, it absolutely wasn't. And with this league, you can see streamers sitting in the queue at the very start of this league when word got around they could cancel it and try again and it'll work. They thought it was a jebait, but tried it and sure as fuck it worked. This shit was implemented right after league launch I'd bet.

stoP-THAt-RiGHT-nOW.jpg (2).png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn the disconnects I could deal with. But my items keep rolling back and I keep losing nice upgrades while leveling.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn the disconnects I could deal with. But my items keep rolling back and I keep losing nice upgrades while leveling.
I lost a couple chaos, a pair of nice boots, and a lab trial so I had to run back and do it. I’m done. I tried.

I think I’ll get out of the community a bit and go play something else or watch a movie.

Caeden

If they roll the league back, I’ll buy both supporter packs and post proof. They won’t.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If they roll the league back, I’ll buy both supporter packs and post proof. They won’t.

It's too late for it, you're right, they won't. I was just saying that GGG has usually really valued fairness at league start, but they obviously don't this league.

Caeden

It's too late for it, you're right, they won't. I was just saying that GGG has usually really valued fairness at league start, but they obviously don't this league.
I think there’s some credence to them having some serious hubris creep or being somewhat out of touch.

maybe they’ll surprise us and they’re just using this as a test to find the problem.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

They might be forced to. The amount of rollbacks happening means there's bound to be duping taking place, and if there's anything that'll get them to reset it's that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Be more concerned GGG is making long term business decisions based on what random people on reddit say. I don't think so. Pretty sure they see it time and time again and see the numbers through the league and how much they take in pre league and during a league in supporter packs etc...But they said they were going to quit, sell off the equipment and fire some people cause they were mean.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well they closed down a bunch because people complained on reddit obviously.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Haven't started playing yet, we are coming out of lockdown and the weathers picking up and I've got stuff to do in RL. I figured I'd start later or maybe skip the league depending on how you guys view the mechanic.

It was a good decision, holy fuck what a shitfest this is turning out to be. I've been through some bad launches but this one sounds dire.

They can go fuck themselves with the streaming priority bullshit. While I can understand why they would have a system in place for prioritizing streamers, you don't fucking use it when the majority of your games supporters are suffering.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone else still going thru this torture? i went out of my way to get time this weekend, never makign this mistake again but im still goin at it.
Talk about slowing the game down - im measuring my progress by waypoints now, not acts. porting back into town after a waypoint successfully is the new chaos drop