Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nice fucking mechanic here

Capture.PNG

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait. Is this like total?

You can upload your client log file and it'll pull all the data from this league yea.

Trial masters get a bit skewed by leveling and all your early atlas progression since presumably none of that will spawn him. I don't think I've got it in me to reset the log file and run another ~300 maps to get only red map data though.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You can upload your client log file and it'll pull all the data from this league yea.

Trial masters get a bit skewed by leveling and all your early atlas progression since presumably none of that will spawn him. I don't think I've got it in me to reset the log file and run another ~300 maps to get only red map data though.
You've seen 542 Trialmaster fights? Holy shit, bro.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trialmaster fights only spawn in T14+, so that numbers is most likely omega skewed.

In correct, they can spawn as early as T11. My one and only trialmaster was in a T11 while I was testing out some petrified blood nonsense.

I got promptly oneshot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
In correct, they can spawn as early as T11. My one and only trialmaster was in a T11 while I was testing out some petrified blood nonsense.

I got promptly oneshot.
You're right, apparently it's T11+. (red maps)

That said I got to reds pretty fast and never had sustain issues. I've only got 600ish maps and I've seen Trialmaster 3-4 times now. I think a lot of the reddit boo-hooers don't understand that they ran over 100 maps before they could even SEE him. Especially the "I'VE LEVELED TWO CHARACTERS TO 90+ NOW!!!!" because those fucking dudes aren't running red maps on their new toons, they're probably running high yellows if that for a long time.

I don't find him too rare, but I wish we'd know when he was coming up so we could make sure not to fucking pick Ruin.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The issue is using a flat % spawn chance without any kind of pity timer or determinism. Sure 2% doesn't sound bad on paper, but the people stuck on the bad end of variance will go like 150 maps in between seeing him.

My salt-posting has done its job though, got a trial master the second map after I logged back in. Now on to delve boss, cause why not just double down on terrible RNG nonsense.

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So after an 18 month hiatus I came back to play (Warthunder finally pissed me off enough to make me leave).

I started a poison BV char in spite of the nerfs - hit a wall at 87 on damage progression that I did not climb over yet because I am too lazy to research right now.

I started a BF/BB char that I really enjoyed that hit a wall at 78 on defensive issues that I have not climbed over yet.

So I went back to the old stand-by cyclone (crit this time instead of raw damage) and I am back to enjoying the game again. Still figuring out Maven and Harvest and Heist.

However, I have had 2 raw 6 link chests (non-corrupted) drop already - one as final reward in an Ultimatum, one as just a drop. Not an ex to be found but 2x 6L. Very weird!

Ultimatum is typical GGG - overtuned ball of mobs and damage. I enjoy them in the same way I do most league events - sparingly.

EDIT - it helps that I am currently unemployed - no guilt PoE grind!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So if Ultimatum goes core (and you all know it will) then what was the last league mechanic to not go core? When are they going to realize it is too much disparate shit?

Hell, Ultimatum and Ritual are the kind of things that need to go core because of the low time investment. Heist? Syndicate? That shit should have been one league and then updated/revisited every 6 leagues or so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Much like the playerbase has serious FOMO (yours truly included), the devs have a soft spot for the sunk coat fallacy.

Synthesis didn’t go core btw. At least not in its original form in any way or shape.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimatum didn't go core. Its a league that very little work went into so its not a big sunk cost to let it go.

How'd the latest streaming shit fix go?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hasn't gone live yet.

It's called the sunk cost fallacy for a reason. Leagues should pay for themselves when they are introduced, going core in its totality should be a bonus and weighed against content already core.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimatum didn't go core. Its a league that very little work went into so its not a big sunk cost to let it go.

How'd the latest streaming shit fix go?
I could see Ultimatum being rolled into Ritual in some fashion in the future. Like, you get ritual in a map, but on the last shrine you do in the map you have a X% chance of the Trialmaster spawning and giving you X amount of waves to conquer.

I doubt they'll do anything like that though, it's a tacit admission that neither league mechanic was very strong on their own. Not that I think that though, I thought Ritual was decent (before the reward nerfs) and Ultimatum as a mechanic is pretty good other than the usual slowdown/lag with so many monsters/effects spawning in at once in a tight space.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd like it if they combined Ultimatums mechanics with rituals reward page. Being locked into a rituals radius was shitty, though at least the mobs weren't as rapey.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ultimatum or Ritual basically shouldn't coexist. They're 65% the same thing except Ultimatum is way harder and you have less control over the rewards. The fact that Ritual is core now means that I'd assume Ultimatum doesn't go core. Could just throw Hateforge and that Corrupt Shield into the "out of league" unique pile and have people find them there.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I see no reason for Ultimatum to not go core. I'm sure it will even include an on-paper spawn rate increase of Trialmaster. Today's patch seems to have fixed a few of my issues; dx11 isn't crashing my display driver anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So now that I am running mid to high red maps I have a couple of questions:

(1) Did they buff Porcupines in the last year at some point, because after about T12 they become a serious going concern for me.

(2) Did they buff map affixes in that same year? Shocking ground used to be a minor inconvenience but now it is pretty rapey. I can feel a real significant difference when I have an increased crit strike and damage affix for the mobs, especially on the boss.

Now both these issues could be a function of my poor focus on defense in my build, but this char is not much different than the one with which I killed all the end game stuff 18 months ago.

Also, to make myself feel better, I went to white maps and completed a couple of Ultimatums so every time I pass by the Trialmaster while running high tier maps I get to hear him whine about how much I am winning.

It's the little things.