Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
They must've changed it, because 100% it did not as I even made a build around it like 5 years ago. It was because Molten Projectile wasn't an attack it was a "skill". Interesting they changed it, probably a few leagues ago as well. Definitely some synergy there.
I don't expect it to last. But, if it does I'll try it next league.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Aaaand the game is completely broken and invisible for me again, after working beautifully since the last patch. Just enough time for me to get reinvested and forgive my salty attitude towards the god fucking awful league start. Just got close to red maps and was about to start grinding some currency for crafting some gear and maybe try another build. Back to being completely unplayable. Fuck this shit man. I won’t say I quit for good, I can’t lie because I love this game. But for now I have to look for other shit to do and games to play and it’s really fucking shitty. I’ve invested an ungodly amount of time into learning and getting into this game as my main hobby outside of other IRL stuff. Mistakes were made.

Not sure if I will want to really come back eagerly though just to go through the acts and grinding and whatever new dumb shit they implement next league but maybe the time away will help. I fucking hate this company right now though man.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
30c to ~4.5ex in one day is fucking stupid.

Wonder what other triggers can trigger, he said there were more. Might give the build a try on a 5L, automated BF/BB is quite fun. Really hate how sluggish Cyclone can feel though. Defenses look paper thin. I was running a similar EHP last league, went splat quite often. Had ESGoH watcher's eye too.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
30c to ~4.5ex in one day is fucking stupid.

Wonder what other triggers can trigger, he said there were more. Might give the build a try on a 5L, automated BF/BB is quite fun. Really hate how sluggish Cyclone can feel though. Defenses look paper thin. I was running a similar EHP last league, went splat quite often. Had ESGoH watcher's eye too.
Yeah. I’m trying to figure that part out. I’m probably doing lgoh, but I have a standard character I play with off and on that is a CoC VD. It has much stronger defenses than that and will still go splat often.

Phase acro would help as well as building into elusive more, but the pathing is awkward. There’s places to free up some points using thread of hope. I feel like some of his uniques need to go in the name of EH. The belt in particular and I’d consider running only one of the rings. I looked into trying to just hit cap naturally and it starts to become the same nasty CoC problem assassin gets into without a hits can’t be evaded source. Just too much to scale and breakpoints to meet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's actually pretty funny, I chanced a shaped Ngmahu's Flame in harvest league because I was fucking with Shroud of Eternity. Prettttty sure you use one of those in that build and you're adding another 50% more dps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. I’m trying to figure that part out. I’m probably doing lgoh, but I have a standard character I play with off and on that is a CoC VD. It has much stronger defenses than that and will still go splat often.

Phase acro would help as well as building into elusive more, but the pathing is awkward. There’s places to free up some points using thread of hope. I feel like some of his uniques need to go in the name of EH. The belt in particular and I’d consider running only one of the rings. I looked into trying to just hit cap naturally and it starts to become the same nasty CoC problem assassin gets into without a hits can’t be evaded source. Just too much to scale and breakpoints to meet.
Also also, his DPS is way fucking off. Flasks are checked for a boss fight, which I only do for Pathfinder or if you completely overgear it(more on that in a bit). There's no way you detonate 40 blades every CoC cooldown. Spell Cascade puts out 15/2 per proc and Awakened 25/2. His investment into AoE isn't that great and he doesn't link conc effect to BF. Many of the outer cascaded blades will be out of range on single target.

This seems like someone who found a cool mechanic(Molten Burst can trigger) and threw lots of exalts at it until it felt good without fully understanding the build.

Caeden

Also also, his DPS is way fucking off. Flasks are checked for a boss fight, which I only do for Pathfinder or if you completely overgear it(more on that in a bit). There's no way you detonate 40 blades every CoC cooldown. Spell Cascade puts out 15/2 per proc and Awakened 25/2. His investment into AoE isn't that great and he doesn't link conc effect to BF. Many of the outer cascaded blades will be out of range on single target.

This seems like someone who found a cool mechanic(Molten Burst can trigger) and threw lots of exalts at it until it felt good without fully understanding the build.
Yep. I had already fixed it. I think budget 3M is easy to hit. Investment gets to 8-10M, but mechanically it’s superior to two button.

I planned to drop his phys cluster jewel for some AE scaling.

• 1Like

Caeden

I think you’d just run conc effect the whole time. I’m not entirely sure you’d either run awakened or just level 1 regular cascade. Nothing in between. It does start to feel like an AE scaled ice nova build then but an easier floor on serviceable dps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Undocumented nerf to Hateforge. Anyone know the build this was supposed to preempt? It now says "Vaal Attack skill that you use...", so it prevents traps and mine shenanigans.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ostensibly, still works for how I'd want to try it. Seems to have scared the market, gloves down to 70ex.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What would you wanna do with it aside from the already insane spamming of infinite vaal skills?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, that's it. Which are, for the most part, "skills that you use". But the price is trending downward quickly, people seem spooked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda worried about buying the gloves until GGG comments on the issue. Nerfing herald stackers mid league was understandable in that it needed to be done but also pissing off the players due to devalued invested time. Could this foretell some bigger imminent changes?

But what really has me worried is that they won't comment on it. Didn't Bex say they were going to post something about texture streaming "next Monday" like a couple weeks ago? And all we got was some "we found a bug!" post from Chris that did fuck all?

Letting Reddit influence how you communicate, even if that's no communication, is not what they should be doing.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
This change was a result of us discovering that Ballista Totems could keep using Vaal Rain of Arrows and Vaal Burning Arrow with Hateforge with no limit at all (as they ignore all costs, which was never tested because it was assumed at the time that they worked slightly differently), but as far as we could tell nobody was doing this build (and it requires no investment other than owning the gloves). We decided to change it quickly before it became known, but by no means should it have been changed without any warning or patch note. I'll have to investigate how this happened.
We weren't aware of the trap use case, and it's definitely not something we'd want to change mid league. We usually only nerf something mid-league if it far outclasses anything that is otherwise possible (like the unlimited Rain of Arrows) or give unlimited damage or damage immunity. I'll look into having this changed temporarily to only apply to totems for now, as soon as we can deploy the restartless change. Though that's not an ideal long term fix because the description would be inaccurate or very lengthy, but this should re-enable the legitimate builds until the next league if the change is possible.
The patch today won't be able to make a change, it will just be properly describing the change in a patch note, but I'll update here as soon as I have an answer about what's going to happen next and when.

That was their response on Reddit regarding the gloves. Scoop em up while the price is down!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
$10 for a pack of mouse cursor MTX? I guess they’ll be banning yolomouse soon since they now have their own custom mouse cursors.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Those cursors are dumb as fuck. The colors are shit and will blend in with the game itself making them hard to see. Why even bother making them look like a weapon? That's going to make it even harder to see than the normal cursor due to the shape camouflaging it against the background. This MTX must have been designed by the same idiot who designed the visuals and color pallet in the Sirus arena.

Yolomouse is amazing cause it's luminous pink/orange/green/blue and you can see the cursor against a backdrop of particle effects, which is the whole point of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This change was a result of us discovering that Ballista Totems could keep using Vaal Rain of Arrows and Vaal Burning Arrow with Hateforge with no limit at all (as they ignore all costs, which was never tested because it was assumed at the time that they worked slightly differently), but as far as we could tell nobody was doing this build (and it requires no investment other than owning the gloves). We decided to change it quickly before it became known, but by no means should it have been changed without any warning or patch note. I'll have to investigate how this happened.
We weren't aware of the trap use case, and it's definitely not something we'd want to change mid league. We usually only nerf something mid-league if it far outclasses anything that is otherwise possible (like the unlimited Rain of Arrows) or give unlimited damage or damage immunity. I'll look into having this changed temporarily to only apply to totems for now, as soon as we can deploy the restartless change. Though that's not an ideal long term fix because the description would be inaccurate or very lengthy, but this should re-enable the legitimate builds until the next league if the change is possible.
The patch today won't be able to make a change, it will just be properly describing the change in a patch note, but I'll update here as soon as I have an answer about what's going to happen next and when.

That was their response on Reddit regarding the gloves. Scoop em up while the price is down!
Glad they responded, farming for the gloves continues. 50 ex so far.

Perhaps I was overreacting, but communication from them seems reduced lately. Especially on texture streaming.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seems entirely justified to me. Reddit is a complete cesspit of blind rage about literally anything that isn't GGG giving them harvest back, so why would they ever want to try and communicate there?