Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Done with the league as well, got my 36.

Exsanguinate was a pretty fun skill but dangerous in terms of mechanics power creep. I don't believe we have another skill that can chain and high amount of parallel hits. Tornado Shot maybe? And it got nerfed for kinda the same reason.

I didn't try Reap. Nothing I saw or heard maid me interested except for its single target damage with Awakened Spell Cascade.

Corrupting Fever is the real star. A global dot to any hit, spell, attack, secondary, whatever, is quite powerful. This enables slapping abilities together without having to play 1-2 combos. In terms of a 4L, it sucks. But if you focus on gem levels to ~30, 6L, you can get get quite good clearing DPS. Your single target will be just ok, but there are certain levels of investment you can do to shore that up. I did the Feared with maybe 4M dps? I foresee this being a real issue when the meta figures it out and it gets a couple more real supports. Lifetap is a shitty support.

League mechanic was mostly miss. If you played a build with the defenses and mobility to ignore most of the mechanics and stacked rares, it was fun to the point of absurdity how fast you could murder reinforcements. Stone Circles sucked and took too long. Survival took too long. Skipped both towards the end. Trialmaster occurrence rate was ridiculously low, glad I didn't have to do his achievements.

PERFORMANCE ISSUES.

Just a lot of repeated mistakes this league. And future mistakes. Ultimatum will go core and the sunk cost fallacy will continue to eat my GPU's memory.

Was never a huge fan of harvest, but I will admit I found myself saying that I could fix a few pieces of gear with harvest. Never saw one augment or annul in 200 seed plots. Just remove the fucking thing at this point, it's less rewarding than Breach and one of the top sources of rips.

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule only 7 this time! And really, does a level 56 count?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am casually pushing towards 95 with a crit-based cyclone build: for whatever reason I just enjoy cyclone builds the most. I used to play melee totem builds. I think I secretly hate myself or something.

Anyway, you know what I discovered this league? I really, really like Blight. Like, a lot. I HATED it during the actual league, but now I wished I got into it more, because I get excited every time I get a Blighted map, or blight events in maps. I've successfully run up to T15 Blighted maps so far, and it is a loot-whore's dream. And once I got a decent strat down (and a build that can survive and finish) it has become my fav league effect.

Interestingly enough I am also liking the Temple. I disliked that league as well, but as it is an amazing source of easy and safe exp while grinding out that last half of a level (and also decent loot) it has really grown on me lately!

Apparently my top likes in PoE took a 180 after an extended break. Who knew.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most league mechanics are amazing. People just don't want to spend the time to learn why or do the mechanics. Proably 75% of PoE players just wanna go to maps, clear through them as fast as possible, and collect loot.

I was fuckin' with double corrupts for leagues now. The best part? Never sold them. Just used them. I had like 4 double corrupts day 3 of league this league and they were something like 2 ex each.

It's just like Harvest now. I can't understand/respect some one who says Harvest is bad because it's not as good as it was. It's fucking omega powerful. If they made it how it waspreviously it would just pass every other source of item creation/crafting by an entire tier.

There's so much content in this game it can be overwhelming, but if people take the time to understand it and target stuff within it it can be really profitable and enjoyable. Alva/Delve/Harvest/Betrayal/Legion all amazing. Breach is considerably less good now than it used to be except for juiced Stones for leveling. Abyss is basically garbage except really good eyes which aren't hard to roll to begin with.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Pretty much why I roll my eyes at all these consolidate/axe/merge content requests. They should absolutely leave that all in, and just focus on enabling players to choose what they engage in.

Scarabs, atlas passives, masters are good, but they could emphasize it even more. When they added scarabs, I was initially thinking they would be dirt common and used on each and every map from the moment you start mapping.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Keeping content in the game is at least part of the reason why the game's performance sucks. It's also why the game is so daunting to new players.

Merging leagues into the base game is not free.

I don't agree about Harvest being that powerful. At least, an intuitive "out of the box" standpoint. I did the 200 seed plots challenge, 0 annuls or slams. So I approached it from a "how can I use these right now?" standpoint and they were mostly garbage. I think requiring people to have multiple complex in-flight crafting projects in order to get value out of a whole league's content means there's a major design flaw. If I could store 50-100 crafts, I think Harvest would be much better.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Harvest is hot garbage. I never got a single cluster to roll anything worthwhile after spending plenty on or hoarding decent bases. They should remove harvest flat out. Absolute garbage content. The real money is in using the various "change this into that." I should have realized that earlier, but you still have to do it at a volume so you can move in bulk.

I probably made the most off influence rings hitting various cures on hit mods. Also had some ok rolls on amulets that people snatched up to woke orb.

I really thought this league mechanic was fucking awful in terms of rewards but great in terms of getting in and just going. I'm big on just vegging and grinding maps mindlessly, so the amount of pre-planning gets really annoying until it becomes second nature, such as kinda knowing who to put where in Betrayal (which remains my favorite old mechanic to engage in). Heist was ok rewarding for me, but I just don't enjoy it as much as I would if they cut the doors down.

• 1Picard

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Keeping content in the game with a long term plan to give players decisions and options shouldn't come at a performance cost. Whatever leagues you spawn into your map should be measured and paced appropriately - but with player input so you have more influence on which content you engage with.

However, throwing everything on an ever-growing pile of spaghetti code without a second thought does incur performance issues, and that's what they are doing. I think they've been excusing their mess with "Poe2 soon" for what, 3 years now? That's half the time it takes to make an actually brand-new PoE2 instead of a big 4.0 patch, and by the time we actually get that patch they could've made an entire new game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Keeping content in the game with a long term plan to give players decisions and options shouldn't come at a performance cost. Whatever leagues you spawn into your map should be measured and paced appropriately - but with player input so you have more influence on which content you engage with.

However, throwing everything on an ever-growing pile of spaghetti code without a second thought does incur performance issues, and that's what they are doing. I think they've been excusing their mess with "Poe2 soon" for what, 3 years now? That's half the time it takes to make an actually brand-new PoE2 instead of a big 4.0 patch, and by the time we actually get that patch they could've made an entire new game.
Exactly. Until they demonstrate that they know how to mitigate the long term costs of coring leagues, I'm going to argue for removing some of the less valuable stuff.

Caeden

The best harvest craft imo is the reroll suffix/prefix and keep opposite. I never saw a single one. That’s the one I wish was more common. It is super damn useful. I just got tired of TFT buying them.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe I'm the luckiest man in the world, but I've gotten:

1 Fracture 5
2 6 link Harvest
1 remove non-life add life
1 Aug with lucky values (no specific type)
2 Synth
Probably 10+ reroll suffix/prefix

I mostly ran Atoll, but I only used Harvest in the map itself once. I also didn't shape my Atlas in any way, I just favorited Atoll and ran them when I was spawning Conqs. I don't sell the stuff I make unless it's something I happen onto and won't use in a build, but from Harvest I probably made somewhere between 75 and 150 ex in items. +3 minion helms, devastator two or three prop clusters, god minion clusters, curse on hit rings, +1 curse crit/crit chests, 600 PDPS staffs (without any attack speed).

I've also seen 8 trial masters so who knows. I've only got maybe 7ish days played this entire league. Maybe 8 or 9, but I have one character at almost 4 days played and two others at 2-3ish each. Removing Harvest because it doesn't have enough annuls/slams is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just because it was the absolute most overpowered crafting option available doesn't mean its worthless because it's not anymore.

And if people don't like Harvest, don't fucking go into it. Problem solved.

• 1Salty

Caeden

Naw. It’s shit. I never thought harvest should have existed in the first place because I’d rather drop better gear and kill monsters than spam currency. It’s not like I don’t finish A8 (or A9). Did everything but feared and really I just got too lazy to run atziri for that.

But yeah after doing the harvest 200. I saw 1 synth, a few of the divines, and nothing but reforges or various swaps. Add in only 1 trial master and i felt like I must have rolled a horrible seed this league. I did stop going into harvest soon as i hit 200. I actually made all my ex from heist and damn div cards this league along with crafting rings. Harvest is also garbage because they could simply add a ultra rare currency to do that in the game and make it a lot more fun since you wouldn’t hit that jarring stop, but I like zooming maps and don’t mind clicking currency instead of managing projects.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm the luckiest man in the world, but I've gotten:

1 Fracture 5
2 6 link Harvest
1 remove non-life add life
1 Aug with lucky values (no specific type)
2 Synth
Probably 10+ reroll suffix/prefix

I mostly ran Atoll, but I only used Harvest in the map itself once. I also didn't shape my Atlas in any way, I just favorited Atoll and ran them when I was spawning Conqs. I don't sell the stuff I make unless it's something I happen onto and won't use in a build, but from Harvest I probably made somewhere between 75 and 150 ex in items. +3 minion helms, devastator two or three prop clusters, god minion clusters, curse on hit rings, +1 curse crit/crit chests, 600 PDPS staffs (without any attack speed).

I've also seen 8 trial masters so who knows. I've only got maybe 7ish days played this entire league. Maybe 8 or 9, but I have one character at almost 4 days played and two others at 2-3ish each. Removing Harvest because it doesn't have enough annuls/slams is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just because it was the absolute most overpowered crafting option available doesn't mean its worthless because it's not anymore.

And if people don't like Harvest, don't fucking go into it. Problem solved.
How much money would you make if the gear you created wasn't inflated and obfuscated by the playerbase's unwillingness to participate in shitty systems(trade, crafting, stop mapping) and/or general lack of knowledge to do so?

The latter part of your post is strawman garbage.

Caeden

Naw. Everything GGG does is omegamazing. Poggers!!!

No shit this is hands down the most fun and my favorite ARPG out. Hell, I rank it just behind WoW and the zelda series as probably my most cherished gaming experiences just above D2. That doesn’t mean everything is golden and awesome. Just like Blizz shat out garrisons, GGG shat out the original harvest. Current harvest is BFA mission table.

Hell, I’d actually argue that outside of heist being boring and harvest being garbage, content-wise there hasn’t been that much un-fun missteps other than not recognizing bloat and prioritizing performance. My biggest complaint is that dropped items are shit and the mod pool is so bloated that crafting anything just requires a level of perseverance I don’t care to do now when I can buy 80% of that item for a fraction of the cost and do the content. But then I hit severe gear lock and loose interest. I used to fucking play standard all week between leagues for christ’s sake.

Xevy

Log Wizard
How much money would you make if the gear you created wasn't inflated and obfuscated by the playerbase's unwillingness to participate in shitty systems(trade, crafting, stop mapping) and/or general lack of knowledge to do so?

The latter part of your post is strawman garbage.
So you're saying

That people who understand and utilize every aspect of the game shouldn't get more from it? Whether personally or economically?

No, I think that people who play every part of the game should in fact be rewarded more than those who skip out on minor and major pieces or put 0 effort into understanding game mechanics like crafting.

Everyone else shouldn't be punished because there are aspects of the game people don't like to do/don't want to infest 45 minutes in learning. That's super fucking dumb.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The base items that are used for harvest are already used for regular orb spam crafting. And Harvest allows you to use common items at little cost for potential BIG profit margins by just spamming them around reforges.

If anything putting annuls/augs back in at their old level would make flippers and meta crafters ruin the market.

You guys want to learn how to make money with harvest? Okay. Buy an ilvl 83 abyssal jewel. Hit it on every reforge you get. Sell it for 200c when it hits something. Congrats, you're doing it now!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's not always about the money, Spiderman.

Market valuation was your argument. Perhaps shame on me to expect you to have a good faith discussion. My counter point was what would you think of Harvest if you couldn't make as much money from it?

Cadden made a bunch of money from Heist this league. As did I. We're both still down on that league's content.

I let many exalts rot last league because I could not be arsed to sell any of the valuable enchants I got from Harvest.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's not always about the money, Spiderman.

Market valuation was your argument. Perhaps shame on me to expect you to have a good faith discussion. My counter point was what would you think of Harvest if you couldn't make as much money from it?

Cadden made a bunch of money from Heist this league. As did I. We're both still down on that league's content.

I let many exalts rot last league because I could not be arsed to sell any of the valuable enchants I got from Harvest.
If you read my post it says I didn't make money from it. I made items valued at that, but I rarely sold anything from Harvest. I don't play the game to collect currency, I play the game to play the game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you read my post it says I didn't make money from it. I made items valued at that, but I rarely sold anything from Harvest. I don't play the game to collect currency, I play the game to play the game.
Fair enough, I'll admit I misremembered that part. I still think the heart of my point is valid though. Regardless selling the gear or not, if you self-priced the gear lower because that's what it was worth on the open market, would that change your opinion of Harvest?

The SSF argument makes no sense. That's like telling me to ask someone dying of thirst what they think of water while I have that shit coming out of multiple pipes in my house. Harvest is the wet moldy sponge.