Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah that looks pretty meh. Whenever they say "map clearing build" it just means they can kill packs and bosses will gib them if they don't one-shot them first. Definitely looks like way too much set up and I'm pretty sure nasty map mods will delete you.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Joined a gauntlet practice league. So far the only classes I can kill hillock on are duelist and ranger lol, so that narrows down my build choices a bit I guess.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What is a gauntlet practice league?

Just a private league with all the upcoming gauntlet mods enabled.

Never done one of these so wanted to get a taste for just how impossible it's gonna be.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright figured out how to kite hillock with a marauder.

It's actually disgustingly hard lol. Attack speed on heavy strike is so slow and if hillock hits you he can oneshot you with a crit + ignite.

Now on to trying to survive the rhoas in mud flats cause you don't have holy flame totem yet and have to melee them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not planning on playing melee heh. Just need a marauder to survive long enough to get holy flame totem and eventually armageddon brand.

You legit cannot use a 2h as a marauder in act1 though lol. Attack speed on every skill is too slow and you'll hit get/stunned and die before you complete an attack.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds absolutely horrible lol.

Are there any rewards for the race? Do you get xmog shit you can use in future leagues? (EDIT: NM I see its random draw which means Ziz + sponsors is probably paying for the event)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I don't have near the play time to compete for any of the top slots, it's more for just the challenge. Maybe I make it to 90 and win some random giveaway, but that's not really the point.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
You really think you can make it to 90? I’d try this league but don’t want to spend weeks stuck at weaver

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You really think you can make it to 90? I’d try this league but don’t want to spend weeks stuck at weaver

This doesn't have the multiple projectiles this time, instead if has +70% AOE. Weaver will be way less scary.

Brutus on the other hand is pretty ridiculous lol. His spikes are like most of the arena.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it had straight up rewards I'd give it a shot but the chance for something that I'm almost 100% not going to get with those mods (triple extra 10% on top of AE and extra 20%...) I'm just nowhere good enough at this game. I already just kamikaze my way through most act bosses when leveling. I think league start I die to brutus like 20+ times.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The most dangerous bosses with extra AE are going to be Malachi, Dominus and Brine King I would think. Isn't 90 possible without leaving the story? I've hit 86 just grinding a tabula and delve in hcssf before now and that didn't take long at all. Doubt you could go past 90 cause of the penalty, well you could in theory, but it would be like level 99 or something and boring as shit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anytime I hear about how often people die in story I feel like a better player. Usually only of I start an inquis or maybe assassin do I even sniff 8-10 deaths total before maps. Usually I get to maps deathless or maybe one. Almost always driven by neglecting resists.

the gauntlet though....lol.

I think this is my last league for a bit unless something looks amazing. Still a couple builds id like to poke like General’s cry that I didn’t get to try in its full glory and mana CoC. Steel skills has smashed most of the endgame except feared yet but I haven’t attempted that, but I’m down to finishing off challenges and out after this week. Defenses are weaker than I’d like on it, but only on big maps and Kyth’s HH plus some gear swaps for lgoh fixed it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got to act 4 in the first gauntlet, furthest ive gotten. Died to doerdre.
Last gauntlet i died twice in act 1 and just gave up and at this point i don't think ill try gauntlets any more.

It's just so difficult, and every death is just that more punishing cause i try to be so careful and go at a snails pace so even an act 4 death was probably 6 hours or something lost.
It's just not for me, i got Viper strike to level 86 in quinns HC league (didnt die, just bored) so im not totally useless i feel like but gauntlet is just insanely hard.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's definitely ridiculous. I find it kind of amusing in its own way, but really what it does more than anything else is highlight just how stark the difference is between the top like 1-4 skills and all the rest.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Gauntlets seem to be just stroke jobs for the HC streamers/pro gamers. Do they actually give real exposure to PoE?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pimp_My_Bricks

Account name is ZeroPen86 so if you see me tin the guild I might be on Fuck_That_Melee_Shit or something else.