Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What I never got is they have like 100 different skills or combos of such in the game and only like 10 viable at any time. Then they go nerf the viable ones, lul.

And just to add you all know what I mean by viable. We all know I can play any skill and do OK, but who wants to do OK when others are doing exceptional.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bodyswap, Necromancer for Corpse Pact, Desecrate and Volatile Dead in Kitava's Thirst.

Meme build or srs bsns?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
trading is perfect, haven't you read the trade manifesto?
I honestly don’t have near as much problem with trading as I do drops just being rng dogshit typically (which means my stance has evolved from when I bitched continuously about not getting fucking responses on trade). In fact, I'd be fine with literally doing forum only trades if that meant one of pieces that dropped off, say, Sirus 8 rolled well even it it could be a really shitty basetype.

I remember Path of Matth had a video that showed that while they've added obtuse deterministic crafting methods, the nerfing of fossils and introduction of 4 new influences blew up the mod selection in a way that effectively nerfed just flat RNG crafting with currency into the ground except maybe alt-regal methods.

But frankly, the bigger problem is the atlas gameplay has gotten really fucking stale (not mapping...i LOVE mapping) with the watchstone grind and something about the way the map progression functions at the 4-5 tier of maps just feels fucking awful now. It may be a personal problem in how i try to grind out, but I found myself alt-tabbing a lot to just do anything else. Layer on the maven questline and it feels like just some Emperor's New Clothes level treadmills compared to the simple elegance of the past atlas. I really like Maven a lot. I wish they'd done more with that eldritch horror approach and left Sirus and co in the dump. Or again, make their actual rare drops better and buff the fuck out of them so I'm not exploding the conqs in like 10s on moderate investment.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think out of the 5-6 leagues ive played I think got like 2 good items to drop for me. RNG and items in this game suck really bad. Plus they keep adding affixes which makes RNG even more fucked as the years pass by.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think out of the 5-6 leagues ive played I think got like 2 good items to drop for me. RNG and items in this game suck really bad. Plus they keep adding affixes which makes RNG even more fucked as the years pass by.
All of my windfalls most leagues are either a few good div card drops or an awakened gem. I've had some amazing awakened gem drops, and one really really good 30-40ex watcher eye a few leagues back. Those particular items (eyes and gems) are very exciting. I'd even listen to gems meaning Sirus loot doesn't need changing, but, yeah, just regular items suck ass. I used to do projects all league, now I just liquidate everything that is not specifically for my build. I can't be arsed to craft most things in this game, not because its "hard" but because its just boring.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Tons of Diablo in this league. IDK about those flask changes. Also, hardcore gauntlets gave them the idea to make the campaign harder? Some of the skills look interesting. The league mechanic is a larger mix of previous mechanics than I expected--looks interesting. Battle Royale could be a fun weekend thing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Tons of Diablo in this league. IDK about those flask changes. Also, hardcore gauntlets gave them the idea to make the campaign harder? Some of the skills look interesting. The league mechanic is a larger mix of previous mechanics than I expected--looks interesting. Battle Royale could be a fun weekend thing.

The idea of passive flasks sign me the fuck up.

The dumbest shit in the livestream has been the buffing of the campaign.

Royale looks great.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
fixed schedule

July 15 - 3.15 Announcement
July 19 - Why we are nerfing almost everything
July 20 - What we nerfed
July 23 - 3.15.0 Public Beta Launch

Nice prediction nerd. The 15th announcement includes some of why they are nerfing almost everything.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The idea of passive flasks sign me the fuck up.

The dumbest shit in the livestream has been the buffing of the campaign.

Royale looks great.
If it were just the auto flasks, sure. The immunity change, alone, is going to be a PITA because of the horrible UI.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reacting to ailments is going to be a bitch if that's what actually ends up happening. Which means everyone just slots in ailment immunity instead. The UI and combat speed do not allow for that level of decision making. This is why steel builds will never be meta.

That said, I DO react to corrupted blood with a staunching flask. But that's years of watching that little corner of the screen for a red outlined box. I'm not sure even the quickest of players can be quick enough to react to a freeze in the middle of a dangerous pack.

I like a lot of what was said about nerfs. I hope execution actually follows.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The flask changes are the most GGG thing GGG has ever done.

"Hey guys, we are rebalancing flasks because they were awful......if you want to take advantages of the upsides of the rebalancing then you have to RNG spam new currency on your flasks!"

Just get the fuck out of here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Headhunter is a support gem now. Interesting. Lotta weird shit in this. I can already smell Mathil breaking the game with some of these uniques/skills.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What interests me most is actually the "we're fucking all the more dmg support gems" part. As was said, even if you like some niche hipster support, you're not going to use it as long as the opportunity cost is as large as right now.