Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More damage certainly helps since a shorter encounter means fewer chances to fuck up. But there is no DPS check to the Sirus fight. I'd suggest learning the fight on something like Ignite or Storm Brand, which lets you stay at range and focus on the mechanics while maintaining full dps.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
While the autistic min-maxer streamers are what bring all the boys to the yard for PoE, it is the unwashed masses of casuals that pay the bills for GGG.

Why they would nerf player damage across the board which would, seemingly, make the game harder and less accessible to the average Joe, I cannot understand.

I will remain skeptical as to the real results until it is released.

It just doesn't make sense, but as someone inferred earlier as to the pot changes, GGG does GGG things.

I sure as fuck hope I didn't come back to PoE after an 18 month absence just to leave again in disgust.

Wait - I've actually been enjoying playing PoE again, which is a sure sign that shit changes are coming that will make me hate it again. Sorry, this is totally my fault.

Edit - let's face it though - this would not be the first time that GGG balanced the game based on the player stat averages of the top 5%.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
y2o87dj1fib71.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
More damage certainly helps since a shorter encounter means fewer chances to fuck up. But there is no DPS check to the Sirus fight. I'd suggest learning the fight on something like Ignite or Storm Brand, which lets you stay at range and focus on the mechanics while maintaining full dps.
Yeah been trying that over the seasons and going in heavy defensive as much as possible just to learn, its just a long time to get to the fight for someone who doesn't play consistently anyway.

Will be interesting to play through the changes in any case

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah been trying that over the seasons and going in heavy defensive as much as possible just to learn, its just a long time to get to the fight for someone who doesn't play consistently anyway.

Will be interesting to play through the changes in any case
I'm not sure heavy defense helps that much on Sirus. The DIE and NONEXISTENCE beams and meteor are all binary. Rain of Stars pretty close to it.

Long time between fights is definitely an issue. Not really sure I can recommend anything there.

I still die on the fight. A deathless A8 Sirus is still rarer than the opposite. What gets me most of the time is his projection casting Rain of Stars while Sirus is on the ground. It's really hard to see those pin pricks of light before it's too late.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
While the autistic min-maxer streamers are what bring all the boys to the yard for PoE, it is the unwashed masses of casuals that pay the bills for GGG.

Why they would nerf player damage across the board which would, seemingly, make the game harder and less accessible to the average Joe, I cannot understand.

I will remain skeptical as to the real results until it is released.

It just doesn't make sense, but as someone inferred earlier as to the pot changes, GGG does GGG things.

I sure as fuck hope I didn't come back to PoE after an 18 month absence just to leave again in disgust.

Wait - I've actually been enjoying playing PoE again, which is a sure sign that shit changes are coming that will make me hate it again. Sorry, this is totally my fault.

Edit - let's face it though - this would not be the first time that GGG balanced the game based on the player stat averages of the top 5%.

Dude if this game is too hard as is to finish on soft core with a damage nerf... maybe it's time to recognize some people just don't have the aptitude and watering things down past an already childlike level of difficulty is just bad practice.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The only part of sirus that kills me is the damn "DIE!" beam. I know the timing of it but sometimes I lose track where he is and end up buttraped by it.

Sadly, when I'm rusty, that beam kills me 6 times :(

• 3Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I was totally gonna go into this league not really giving a shit about whatever the stupid league mechanic was or hoping for any cool changes or bitching about no trade changes, but I was not expecting to be this dissapointed.

It feels like they're disguising retention mechanics as an excuse to talk about power creep and difficulty. I mean just look at the new tiers of supporter packs. Not a good look for GGG. And while I'll reserve judgment until release and don't mean to be dramatic, it feels like the beginning of the end ala acti/blizz.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With the feedback in this thread and reddit, I don't see how these changes are geared towards retention.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's day 2 after the announcement and I still can't get over the flask changes.

Who in the fucking fuck thought tying the new activation method typing of flasks to RNG currency spamming was a smart idea? It just seems mind-bogglingly stupid to go that direction instead of having a simple interface that allows you to pick the activation method for each of your equipped flasks, much like the skill menu options for attack without moving. That would be like introducing multiple methods of casting spells (like CoC) but then making you spam currency on a skill gem until you hit the right casting method. It is just so unbelievably stupid I can still barely comprehend it.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
With the feedback in this thread and reddit, I don't see how these changes are geared towards retention.
My impression is that they want a certain type of player, so they're building for that player. That's perfectly fine.

I can't really tell, but I think the supporter packs are kinda a non-issue. It looks like you still get more effects using the new $90 vs. the old $60 and old $60 and new $60 look about equivalent. Really no biggie there. It might not play that way.....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My impression is that they want a certain type of player, so they're building for that player. That's perfectly fine.

I can't really tell, but I think the supporter packs are kinda a non-issue. It looks like you still get more effects using the new $90 vs. the old $60 and old $60 and new $60 look about equivalent. Really no biggie there. It might not play that way.....
If they want to retain a certain type of player with these changes, yes, I would agree. Overall amount of players retained, I'm not so sure these are geared towards that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's day 2 after the announcement and I still can't get over the flask changes.

Who in the fucking fuck thought tying the new activation method typing of flasks to RNG currency spamming was a smart idea? It just seems mind-bogglingly stupid to go that direction instead of having a simple interface that allows you to pick the activation method for each of your equipped flasks, much like the skill menu options for attack without moving. That would be like introducing multiple methods of casting spells (like CoC) but then making you spam currency on a skill gem until you hit the right casting method. It is just so unbelievably stupid I can still barely comprehend it.
Chris said it would be about as hard as putting quality on your flasks so it shouldn't be too hard.
But i want to see a fix to piano flasks so i'm willing to put up with some amount of inconvienience for that.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Chris said it would be about as hard as putting quality on your flasks so it shouldn't be too hard.
But i want to see a fix to piano flasks so i'm willing to put up with some amount of inconvienience for that.
I don't give a good goddamn what Chris said. That dude lies through his teeth about a lot of things these days, whether it is intentional or from ignorance I don't know.

In any case, who gives a fuck if it is as simple as adding quality? It is unnecessary, stupid, and doesn't even fit within the mechanics of the game they've created so far. It is trash implementation for no good reason other than to shove as much RNG at the player as possible.

• 3Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That atziri shield more tempting now. I don’t want to be stuck rerolling curse mods they’re not exactly rare

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Dude if this game is too hard as is to finish on soft core with a damage nerf... maybe it's time to recognize some people just don't have the aptitude and watering things down past an already childlike level of difficulty is just bad practice.
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to relate here? What exactly do you mean by "finished"?

The game is not "hard". As a matter of fact it is super easy, with any build, really.

But the difference between having fun grinding and saying "fuck this game" is a fine line for most casual players, and is really balanced around damage output.

GGG has held firm on the "no trade" and "fuck your level 100" for a long time. Let's see how they do on this particular change. It could be a mistake, or a push for PoE2.