Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Inconvenience I think is a bit mild. I guess Heat flasks become triggered and you reroll all curse maps?

I don't know what the meta solution is going to be but that could certainly be the case.

I believe i'll be fine with whatever baseline they wanna set on player power level and clear speed (won't complain without trying it atleast)
But ideally they should compensate by reducing arbitrary grinds like number of watchstones you have to farm (fuck A5-8) and maps between sirus spawns etc. They did move somewhat in that direction with unveil changes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The only flask nerf I see is the fact there's going to be like 30% less flask charges in maps. That can be real annoying especially stacked with gain less charges map mods. Those + curse maps are going to be a real pain in the dick to run.

Overall they're making the game harder and slower. I don't really care personally, except making the Acts harder seems super dumb EXCEPT for the fact it's going to be paired with PoE2 so I understand why you'd have both leveling processes be equal or else everyone would just level the PoE2 path once, find out it's hard, and then just speed run PoE1 leveling path every time after. That'd be a huge waste of dev time and artistic design and be a real kick in the dick.

Complaining that they give you a way to automate flasks and it's POSSIBLY mildly inconvenient at first is the most vocal POE community thing I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure most of these people don't know what enchantment means.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Complaining that they give you a way to automate flasks and it's POSSIBLY mildly inconvenient at first is the most vocal POE community thing I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure most of these people don't know what enchantment means.

Why should it be inconvenient at all?

Chris acknowledged flat out the problem with flasks. If not removing them entirely, then why does every single fucking part of this game have to be inconvenient in some way?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Tone deaf, ignorant comments like this one are the reason you are a streamer that makes tens of dollars a month in subs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. The game is baller. League is fucking crazy and amazing already. Sure this and that doesn’t work. Performance has been up and down. But this fucking shit is just ridiculous. Expeditions are just fucking amazing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I spent 2006-2018 absolutely slobbering all over Blizzard’s cock like blindfolded POZ gay man in a hotel room full of strangers after a pride parade, so I have zero room to talk.

My feelings about a game have never turned so fast on one I loved as PoE.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why should it be inconvenient at all?

Chris acknowledged flat out the problem with flasks. If not removing them entirely, then why does every single fucking part of this game have to be inconvenient in some way?
Do you want flasks to drop pre-rolled too? That's basically what you're asking. For a modifier on the flasks to be selected from a drop-down menu. That's not PoE. The WORST CASE SCENARIO is you have to find some orbs (which are supposed to be similar rarity to baubles), click them on the flasks you want to roll until you get the ENCHANTMENT you want (we know of 2 so far, I'm doubting there's much more than that) then you roll your flask like you always have every league this game has existed. If that's too much for you stop playing video games. That's an unbelievably small amount of effort to customize your shit and you're asking like it's grinding annuls or something.

I'm waiting for you "I'M SKIPPING THIS LEAGUE" guys to actually skip one so you all will shut the fuck up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Flasks were retarded, you got a good set up going, you would be pretty much immune and like Chris said they were more powerful than a full set of gear. Also unlimited charges so you could spam them literally 100% of the time. They were also preemptive so you didnt even have to think.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Do you want flasks to drop pre-rolled too? That's basically what you're asking. For a modifier on the flasks to be selected from a drop-down menu. That's not PoE. The WORST CASE SCENARIO is you have to find some orbs (which are supposed to be similar rarity to baubles), click them on the flasks you want to roll until you get the ENCHANTMENT you want (we know of 2 so far, I'm doubting there's much more than that) then you roll your flask like you always have every league this game has existed. If that's too much for you stop playing video games. That's an unbelievably small amount of effort to customize your shit and you're asking like it's grinding annuls or something.

I'm waiting for you "I'M SKIPPING THIS LEAGUE" guys to actually skip one so you all will shut the fuck up.
Kiss my ass, shill. I skipped last league and I'll skip every subsequent league until they actually make the game less of a dick vice.

You never even answered the question, though. You created a straw man about me wanting flasks pre-rolled instead of saying why you think something like flask automation types, a mechanic more akin to attack while moving toggles, should be made an inconvenient enchant that won't be usable right away instead of a UI interaction of some type. Why does everything in the game all the way down to very basic actions have to be inconvenient in some way? Do you imagine that is good design?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kiss my ass, shill. I skipped last league and I'll skip every subsequent league until they actually make the game less of a dick vice.

You never even answered the question, though. You created a straw man about me wanting flasks pre-rolled instead of saying why you think something like flask automation types, a mechanic more akin to attack while moving toggles, should be made an inconvenient enchant that won't be usable right away instead of a UI interaction of some type. Why does everything in the game all the way down to very basic actions have to be inconvenient in some way? Do you imagine that is good design?
I wrote a bunch of shit and just deleted it because none of you are worth the time explaining why PoE is more enjoyable being complicated than simple.

And that's it. That's the whole thing.

• 1Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not sure heavy defense helps that much on Sirus. The DIE and NONEXISTENCE beams and meteor are all binary.

They're binary if you're rocking the ol zero phys reduction but if you've got the full suite of defenses for each aspect of those attacks you might not die instantly. Might. I had such an easier time with Sirus last league being life/armor versus always always being one-shotted as ES.

LiquidDeath

I wrote a bunch of shit and just deleted it because none of you are worth the time explaining why PoE is more enjoyable being complicated than simple.

And that's it. That's the whole thing.
1626483518133.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Are you memeing you or me?
Well, only one of us is defending the inanity of RNG spamming automation methods onto flasks as complicated gameplay that makes PoE better. I'll leave your mighty intellect to figure it out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're binary if you're rocking the ol zero phys reduction but if you've got the full suite of defenses for each aspect of those attacks you might not die instantly. Might. I had such an easier time with Sirus last league being life/armor versus always always being one-shotted as ES.
I'd suggest as a baseline, you shouldn't be rocking 0 phys reduction anyway. For an ES character, that usually means using a basalt and/or granite flask, but lol, nevermind!

It would be interesting to do some rip clip analysis to see if they are actually one shots you can't mitigate. There are definitely times I've survived getting clipped by the DIE beam. And there have been times I died because my high block chance meant I block-recovery stuttered while trying to get out of the DIE beam and died.

Let me clarify my poorly stated original point. GGG doesn't design boss fights around "get enough mitigation, EHP, and sustain, and you can face tank this fight". On most fights, that is possible, but it's usually ridiculous builds like old aura stackers. And I really hope they never design fights for those builds. They instead design fights for "learn this audio cue and move in circles". Thus, my advice about treating those abilities as binary was supposed to imply that behavior.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New flasks will suck on content that vomits constant elemental damage spikes though, especially combined with damage nerfs so you don't one shot stuff as it spawns as much. Shit like cold/lightning breaches as an example(but a lot of league content has similar ele themed stuff), before you could just perma immunity to shock/freeze/chill to guarantee a certain level of safety from getting hit by shit you can't see or that hasn't even rendered yet. Now your flasks will reactively remove this, but only provide 1sec of immunity, with the same amount of charges used(and less charges gained), so you're gonna get frozen/shocked a lot more often in these cases, and that's usually an instant death sentence for any but the tankier builds.

I get they didn't like immunities being a de facto thing to get and everyone could get them rather easily, makes sense, but on the flipside the way they designed their game in terms of monster damage output and power of ailments, it definitely doesn't feel like it's going to be balanced once they remove said immunities unless they're planning on toning down the ailments(which didn't seem to be the case). I don't know how fun or engaging people will find getting frozen by a monster on the edge of a breach that hasn't rendered yet or any map with cold dmg and not have it disappear because your flask already removed a freeze around 8seconds before and now you're just standing there for 2seconds with no recourse. I guess it'll make that one pantheon better.

Gonna be a big nerf to ascendencies that had ailment immunity too since that was one of their big strengths. Especially Pathfinder, who relied on the ascendency immunity and using multiple unique flasks to abuse their key mechanic, now is gonna suck donkey dicks most likely besides viper strike(due to poison propagation still being good). Didn't see them mention a full rework for that, so I fully expect the ascendency to be completely dead until next league when they inevitably rework it to do something else.

Overall changes kinda look like ass though. Slowing the game down is fine imo, as the speedclear meta is both tiring and kinda boring to me, but it feels like a half assed attempt at it, without taking into account all the variables and without being accompanied with more major reworks to compensate. I fully expected them to wait until PoE2 for this kind of change, since it feels you need to rework most systems at once, instead of just tweaking one aspect and hope it won't impact everything else in the process.

On the plus side, a new minion gem. Sadly no desire to play this league(not cause of the league change, just playing a mmo atm so no time for poe) but I guess I can use it next time I play, assuming it doesn't get nerfed into the ground due to being released too strong(or just stays shit after being released too weak like firestorm).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, now that I think of it, damage nerfs won't be tooo bad in maps, I think... Getting to comfy DPS for T16 is only about 800k-1M damage. A little higher if your map stacks defense and nerfs your damage. I think the big issue will be the flask nerfs. I just don't think the adjustments are in the right direction. They know the problem is with piano key bs, yet they don't really do anything to fix it. Just nerfing basalt into the ground and making it so you have to mash (this is obvious estimates since we don't have data on how much charges mobs will give in maps) every 6 seconds instead of every 3-4. It feels like a super lazy and ignorant fix.

There are about 100 different flask options they could've gone with that I've heard numerous people and myself theory craft, and it feels like they went with the worst (it feels like they are half assing it in two different directions at the same time)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If the nerfs were substantial enough that mapping was tough than holy cow would the rest of the endgame game be a nightmare.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it possible to league start with Forbidden Rite? I really want to play it with Necro/Corpse Pact/Kitava's Thirst, but that Life and ES cost seems insurmountable early.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is it possible to league start with Forbidden Rite? I really want to play it with Necro/Corpse Pact/Kitava's Thirst, but that Life and ES cost seems insurmountable early.
Mathil was talking about using it with totems, but obviously they'll nuke themselves into oblivion pretty quick and you'd just stack totem hp. The way it reads it SEEMS you could go CI and just get the 5% off max ES and lose the hp/life stuff, but at that point you might just use different skills. Petrified blood shenanigans with Kitava's hunger and decent Chaos res might be enough.