Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The upside to that is that you can always get something even if it's currently too expensive for you. The most annoying thing about expedition imo is the placing of the dynamite or whatever.
Because, realistically, I am an idiot, it took me a couple of tries to figure it out as well.

First I thought you needed to put your things on one of the nodes/signposts. Then I didn't realize that the various nodes represent the actual chest that spawns or the monsters that spawn, I thought it was random in the area.

I mean, the first one I came across I thought the circle of chests just meant "in here there are chests, try to find them".

I think I am good now, but I was pretty slow on the uptick.

By the by, I typically put something together just slightly incorrect the first time and then have to take it apart to fix it - this is the life I lead.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So how’s the game after the nerfs and overhaul? I need something to play until D2:R beta starts.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Campaign hasn't felt any different at all. I'm just about up to a10 kitava and aside from some act bosses being a bit tankier it's the same game really?

I suppose you kinda get less flask charges? But really need to be in maps to gauge how different it actually it is since campaign flasks have always been awkward anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
League so far is a snooze fest. I've literally fallen asleep yesterday and this morning going through the motions, on my 2nd build and the only thing I found interesting was hailrakes new AI with predictive casting that is only in act 1.

League mechanic is really cumbersome, uninteresting and in my experience fairly unrewarding. Majority of people started skipping it altogether.

It's fundamentally the same as rituals reward window except you have to collect metamorph fragments to get trash as was already pointed out with 9 million shit uniques in the game.

I see myself backburnering it like I did ultimatum until they actually put out something new. I dont see any point doing ritual league for the 3rd time.

I was really hoping the game was fundamentally different and hard like the reddit soyboys were crying about, putting brutus at the end of a long mobless run isn't "hard." it's just tedious if you manage to die.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Campaign hasn't felt any different at all. I'm just about up to a10 kitava and aside from some act bosses being a bit tankier it's the same game really?

I suppose you kinda get less flask charges? But really need to be in maps to gauge how different it actually it is since campaign flasks have always been awkward anyway.

I had a really, really, really hard time on malagaros spike lmao.

That spider, for some reason, spawned a fuckload of adds and my build just couldn't handle it. I think its little things like that that add up that experienced players aren't overly affected by but newer ones (or players that suck like me) are.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
League so far is a snooze fest. I've literally fallen asleep yesterday and this morning going through the motions, on my 2nd build and the only thing I found interesting was hailrakes new AI with predictive casting that is only in act 1.

League mechanic is really cumbersome, uninteresting and in my experience fairly unrewarding. Majority of people started skipping it altogether.

It's fundamentally the same as rituals reward window except you have to collect metamorph fragments to get trash as was already pointed out with 9 million shit uniques in the game.

I see myself backburnering it like I did ultimatum until they actually put out something new. I dont see any point doing ritual league for the 3rd time.

I was really hoping the game was fundamentally different and hard like the reddit soyboys were crying about, putting brutus at the end of a long mobless run isn't "hard." it's just tedious if you manage to die.

Wait man, aren't they trying to make something better? Why are you complaining that this league is a rehash of the last two? It's better than before, right?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why because I refuse to join in on the pity party?
Million and one excuses for shitting on a game trying to better itself than continue on the trajectory to WoW's casual focused shit show that NOBODY finds fun.

POE was never intended to be easy and casual centric.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait man, aren't they trying to make something better? Why are you complaining that this league is a rehash of the last two? It's better than before, right?

OH YOU GOT ME SO GOOD

They didn't change anything.

Enduring mana flasks or if you can "hit" mobs leech nodes on the tree are enough to solve all your mana issues, like always.

Spellslinger and hypothermia nerfs backpedaled

spellsinger.png
hypo.png

It's literally the same game outside of act 1 besides unique flask nerfs and thats super boring after all that hype about changing the meta and pulling back on power creep.

No worries, youll still be able to down sirus and maven with spellslinger and blade vortex with your 14 jobs 97 children and 192 wives.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Heist remains red hot death. I went to do the introductory quest after getting to act six and it's still pound for pound the most lethal fucking shit.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I only played for a little while and still going through the acts. Distinct lack of "fun" but that's probably just me.

The PoE 2 hype is out in full force that PoE 2 will magically solve all issues with the game overnight even ones that Chris has said "no way".

Xevy

Log Wizard
Rog is the man. If you haven't fucked with him, definitely do it. Lots of deterministic crafting to be had.

Haven't felt flask nerfs too much, but definitely felt the damage nerfs as I've just gotten a 6 link. I'm also using the slam totems which kinda fucks you because you essentially use two links for one skill. Overall I can definitely see some of the squishier/lower dps builds having big trouble with current content, especially expedition stuff which can get pretty nasty.

They'll probably give the artifacts the vacuum treatment, they take up a LOT of room. It's not so bad in maps, but during leveling it was pretty annoying if you didn't go back to town often having 80% of your space full of stacks of shit.

Overall they're going to see a big player dip this league, but I think once people get their legs under them in maps and some currency it'll end up being pretty fun. Not as casual friendly early on, but it'll make people who don't quit before maps feel like they earned it this time for sure.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1627184918803.png

RogChamps in the chat, please. And don't mind the enchant, it's just to hit peoples searches.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overall they're going to see a big player dip this league, but I think once people get their legs under them in maps and some currency it'll end up being pretty fun. Not as casual friendly early on, but it'll make people who don't quit before maps feel like they earned it this time for sure.

Watching the hardcore deaths has been a lot of fun. Theres so much less random 1 shot from no where and so much more 'they died because the mobs were still alive.' I can't wait for the Gauntlet this league. For the first time in a long time its probably going to be 'who can complete this?' rather than 'who can do it fastest?'

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Watching RaizQT and he seems actually bored. Rolled like 3-4 characters and stopped each saying they suck. He does not have a clue what to play. IMO the game feels like shit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
5-link Bane (4link soulrend for single target) occultist is ok up to T9 maps in gear i found/made myself. Mostly the corpse explosions doing work though. It's actually relatively buffed because the curses applied with bane don't seem to cost mana like in other trigger skills/items. Feel like red maps are gonna be difficult though.

Rog is pretty amazing yep

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's a dull league, the mechanic's shit. Rare and unique monsters are quite unbalanced at points, they just threw an across the board buff on them and didn't really consider the consequences. It's a bit of a chore and not very exciting.

Some challenges are bit cunty.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still wanting to get back into the Rerolled guild online. IGN: CostcoHotDogPlz, if someone can send me their name that can invite, I can whisper you online.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
My prediction is that they're gonna fix the new currency like they did with the metamorph body parts and the whole reddit will simultaneously cum and declare GGG to be amazing and how they really listen and will start fighting over who gets to suck Chris's dick first. Just like in every league start when a major annoyance is fixed. It's almost like people at GGG are aware of this very simple marketing 101 technique and do that on purpose

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users